talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester United Discussion

football forum

10 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

True but whoever comes in if the Glazers go might help...I hope. 

Don't think the glaziers are as bad as people make out. It was never an issue when fergie was there

6 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Don't think the glaziers are as bad as people make out. It was never an issue when fergie was there

Look how much they’ve spent since he left too. The Glazers are a bunch of twats for putting shitload of debt on the club when they bought it. But they’ve spent money to be competitive - they just have an incompetent idiot in Woodward making decisions for them

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Because Fergie ruled the roost then.  :D 

As @Dr. Gonzo said they have a prick named Woody Woodpecker there that they seem to think the sun shines out of the back of his arse.

2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Because Fergie ruled the roost then.  :D 

As @Dr. Gonzo said they have a prick named Woody Woodpecker there that they seem to think the sun shines out of the back of his arse.

Anytime Woodward speaks, all he does is string a load of corporate buzzwords together into a sentence to explain how things are good for Manchester United.

Never understood how the Glazers haven’t said “Right, nice buzzwords but what about the constant regression since we’ve lost the guy who was here for decades?”

17 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

They had half-arsed protests when things weren't as great as normal under Ferguson, with the Norwich scarves and stuff but once they started winning the league again it was quickly forgotten

3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Anytime Woodward speaks, all he does is string a load of corporate buzzwords together into a sentence to explain how things are good for Manchester United.

Never understood how the Glazers haven’t said “Right, nice buzzwords but what about the constant regression since we’ve lost the guy who was here for decades?”

As far as they're concerned he's doing his job. The club is still bringing in huge sums of money without them being competitive. And the blame for the football side of things falls on the manager or Woodward in the eyes of the majority

22 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Look how much they’ve spent since he left too. The Glazers are a bunch of twats for putting shitload of debt on the club when they bought it. But they’ve spent money to be competitive - they just have an incompetent idiot in Woodward making decisions for them

Yeah their big mistake maybe hiring Woodward (I'll get into that in a bit) and they have put debt into the club. But man utd have spent a fortune and have a massive wage bill so not convinced that is affects their spending. It's more a pride thing. Woodward has denied having anything to do with signings at utd I think. There are clearly problems at utd which ultimately the glaziers are responsible for but it is more a case of them being incompetent owners. They are no where near as as bad as Ashley or kronke who have clearly restricted club spending.

23 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

They weren't 'bad' at the football side of things, as they had David Gill running it.

I think the main issue is the amount of money they have taken out the club. For all the moaning Arsenal fans make about their owners taking money from the club, it doesn't even come close to comparing to the Glazers.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, ScoRoss said:

They weren't 'bad' at the football side of things, as they had David Gill running it.

I think the main issue is the amount of money they have taken out the club. For all the moaning Arsenal fans make about their owners taking money from the club, it doesn't even come close to comparing to the Glazers.

This, and I’ve said it several times. David Gill was a football man. And the Glazers have quite literally taken over £1billion out of the club.

That's just a product of the leveraged buyout. It'd be much worse if they weren't actually spending money or making any effort on the pitch and essentially just asset stripping the club - but nobody in the world can say that's the case.

https://www.transferleague.co.uk/premier-league-last-five-seasons/transfer-league-tables/premier-league-table-last-five-seasons - that's second most amount of money spent, second highest net spend in the last 5 seasons. Only one club in the league wouldn't want to have that kind of investment into their side on the pitch... and that's Slave Trader FC.

United aren't shit because of the Glazers, the Glazers are just bastards for doing a leveraged takeover. But it's not like they've stopped the club from spending huge amounts of money to be successful in recent years. The problem is that hasn't been any vision or plan, meanwhile the football on the pitch is about as appealing as having to lick a turd. Really the biggest problem the Glazers have had in this regard is that they haven't really addressed the incompetence that's led them to this point.

43 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Speak for yourself 

If he's gonna stay, let's not treat him like a punching bag then.

I can't stand him, but I also don't like the idea of having to punch him around. Either we get rid or just get along. Of course that is easier said than done with how he doesn't really help himself.

I am saying this as I have been a punching bag in the past, and I know how it feels.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

If he's gonna stay, let's not treat him like a punching bag then.

I can't stand him, but I also don't like the idea of having to punch him around. Either we get rid or just get along. Of course that is easier said than done with how he doesn't really help himself.

I am saying this as I have been a punching bag in the past, and I know how it feels.

what? You might want to practice what you preach then. 

You don't like the idea of having to punch him around?! Don't bloody do it then xD