talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Atletico Madrid 1-0 Liverpool - Tuesday 18th February, 2020 (1st Leg)

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Referees are generally more strict and in line with general European football when you play in the champions league. Believe it or not you still get away with more tough tackling, physicality in England than any other top European league.

You do. The ref was happy to stop the game tonight for stupid little things though like the situation I mentioned where their player kicks Fabinho and goes down like he's been fouled. I think he gave the free kick to us but there was no advantage to that at all. It was things like that that played into their hands with the game being stop-start.

Different game at Anfield though. We'll go through, I'm convinced of that

58 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not being weird or anything but would Liverpool fans not do the same? In fact don't all home fans do that, at any club?! 

It's the players that should get the brunt of the annoyance. Literally all Spanish teams seem to learn from young age that any contact should be met with a fall then it just becomes second nature to them as they grow and play in senior teams later on. 

I’m not knocking their fans, they were class and made it a crazy atmosphere. But the referee was weak and are up every bit of play acting from them. Gave into that pressure. 

2 hours ago, Lucas said:

Welcome to the land of the living lads.

Horrible this losing malarky isn't it? :ph34r:

Klopp: It's half-time and we're 1-0 down. The second half will be played in our stadium and they will feel it.

28 minutes ago, Azeem said:

Liverpool will quite likely turn it around at Anfield but Atletico stick to their plan and it worked

P.S first games of football i watched after weeks and the officiating has been horrible Man U vs Chelsea and this

Unlikely, more often than not, the superior teams wins.

38 minutes ago, Spike said:

Unlikely, more often than not, the superior teams wins.

Yes, I am sure most people think that Liverpool will win at Anfield, but a 2-1or a 3-2 win won't cut it, will it.;)

Atletico are going to park the bus more than ever at Anfield and it will be up to Liverpool to be on form to turn this result around. Liverpool are a stronger team than Atletico, but Atletico are no Accrington Stanley. So Liverpool will have to raise their game to get that 2 goal cushion that they really need to get through.

• Subscriber

Three weeks is a long long time. If this game was being played next week I'd say we lose to Atletico even if we played at home. Something isn't right with the players at the moment and I think its just match consistency which they'll get during those three weeks. 

• The topic was unpinned
9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Three weeks is a long long time. If this game was being played next week I'd say we lose to Atletico even if we played at home. Something isn't right with the players at the moment and I think its just match consistency which they'll get during those three weeks. 

No shots on target for Liverpool in yesterdays match, was a bit worrying.

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Michael said:

No shots on target for Liverpool in yesterdays match, was a bit worrying.

Not worried about that honestly. We'll find out in when the second leg happens. Till then our focus should be game-time and getting the league sorted.

Archived