talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

The reaction to it has been largely positive and to say he doesn't know anything is bollocks. He has a reputation as already helping a lot of the younger players at the club and he isn't one of these moron footballers. Would much rather him than Tony Adams get that job. Arteta would've been another who would've been good in a similar role but unfortunately he was into bald guys.

22 hours ago, 6666 said:

The reaction to it has been largely positive and to say he doesn't know anything is bollocks. He has a reputation as already helping a lot of the younger players at the club and he isn't one of these moron footballers. Would much rather him than Tony Adams get that job. Arteta would've been another who would've been good in a similar role but unfortunately he was into bald guys.

He is a million miles away from being in a position to run an elite professional youth development programme. I'd have raised an eyebrow if I'd heard he was going to head one at a League Two club or lower, but to head a Premier League club's Cat 1 Academy with no experience even in coaching full time is a farce.

Goalkeepers: Cech, Szczesny, Ospina, E. Martinez

Defenders: Koscielny, Mustafi, Mertesacker, Holding, Chambers, Gabriel, Bellerin, Debuchy, Jenkinson, Kolasinac, Monreal, Gibbs

Midfielders: Xhaka, Elneny, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Reine-Adelaide, Zelalem, Chamberlain, Maitland-Niles, Ozil, Toral

Attackers: Walcott, Iwobi, J. Campbell, A. Sanchez, L. Perez, Welbeck, Lacazette, Giroud, Akpom

Think that's the whole squad right now.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Defenders: Koscielny, Mustafi, Mertesacker, Holding, Chambers, Gabriel, Bellerin, Debuchy, Jenkinson, Kolasinac, Monreal, Gibbs

Midfielders: Xhaka, Elneny, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Wilshere, Reine-Adelaide, Zelalem, Chamberlain, Maitland-Niles, Ozil, Toral

Attackers: Walcott, Iwobi, J. Campbell, A. Sanchez, L. Perez, Welbeck, Lacazette, Giroud, Akpom

Weakest squad I can remember you having in a very long time. So much dross - only a handful of players that can really cut it at the highest level.

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Weakest squad I can remember you having in a very long time. So much dross - only a handful of players that can really cut it at the highest level.

Nah, that's bullshit. If they could actually stay fit, it's a good squad. 2 strong different elevens with some decent youngsters after that.

Some will still leave though because of the amount of players in the squad.

Comparing it to Tottenham's overall squad, it's quite easily better. You've got a good first XI but after that there's very little there. Would've expected Tottenham to be a lot busier this summer to improve their squad depth.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Nah, that's bullshit. If they could actually stay fit, it's a good squad. 2 strong different elevens with some decent youngsters after that.

Some will still leave though because of the amount of players in the squad.

Comparing it to Tottenham's overall squad, it's quite easily better. You've got a good first XI but after that there's very little there. Would've expected Tottenham to be a lot busier this summer to improve their squad depth.

It isn't and you're deluded if you think it's as good as Arsenal squad's of old. Nothing about it scares me at all. Very few top drawer players in it, and a lot of overrated and overhyped individuals that have failed season after season to progress. Big if on fitness too, players like Cazorla, getting on now and just can't stay healthy, pointless including them.

It might be better depth in your squad but in terms of actual quality not at all. Give me our first 14/15 players over yours. We're not busy because we don't need to be. We can't spend the money to improve the team, because prices are ludicrous and first team is very good. You've spent £50 million on a player that wouldn't get in our side. United have spent over 100 million on two players that again wouldn't start for us. Liverpool the same with Salah.  We'll no doubt sign a couple towards the end of the window to try and improve the bench, but i'm more than happy with the way things have gone. 

PS. Depth is the most overrated thing imaginable. A few years back we had probably the best 'depth' in the league, but wouldn't swap it for a better team. Look at Leicester, didn't win the league because of squad depth. 

Edited by Storts

10 minutes ago, Storts said:

It isn't and you're deluded if you think it's as good as Arsenal squad's of old. Nothing about it scares me at all. Very few top drawer players in it, and a lot of overrated and overhyped individuals that have failed season after season to progress. Big if on fitness too, players like Cazorla, getting on now and just can't stay healthy, pointless including them.

It might be better depth in your squad but in terms of actual quality not at all. Give me our first 14/15 players over yours. We're not busy because we don't need to be. We can't spend the money to improve the team, because prices are ludicrous and first team is very good. You've spent £50 million on a player that wouldn't get in our side. United have spent over 100 million on two players that again wouldn't start for us. Liverpool the same with Salah.  We'll no doubt sign a couple towards the end of the window to try and improve the bench, but i'm more than happy with the way things have gone. 

I'll just say that Tottenham once again need to hope that like last season, they don't get a few injuries, that squad overall is genuinely quite weak. One of the reasons you failed so badly in your average Champions' League group. Even you as someone who thinks the Tottenham squad don't have much to worry about, are only concerned with the first 14/15 players which isn't a lot unless you just want to concentrate on one competition. Lamela, Sissoko and Janssen as your go to players off the bench is poor.

Edited by 6666

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I'll just say that Tottenham' once again need to hope that like last season, they don't get a few injuries, that squad overall is genuinely quite weak. One of the reasons you failed so badly in your average Champions' League group. Even you as someone who thinks the Tottenham squad don't have much to worry about, are only concerned with the first 14/15 players which isn't a lot unless you just want to concentrate on one competition. Lamela, Sissoko and Janssen as your go to players off the bench is poor.

Like last season? We had an awful spell of injuries. Kane out for months, Alderweireld out for months, Vertonghen, Dembele, Rose, Lamela etc. massive players in our team out for lengthy spells but we coped more than adequately. As I said I'm not particularly concerned. We had some terrible luck last year but we came through it pretty well.

It was a minor reason - Wembley and a lack of experience cost us more. 

Sissoko is clearly not good enough, and needs upgrading (Barkley perhaps), but Lamela is an excellent option if fit, and Janssen will be better this season I'm pretty confident. We still need another forward option I think, that could play wide, with Kane, or on his own on occasion, but Son has sort of filled that role remarkably well. Yes in an ideal world we'd buy more options, but it's not essential. 

5 hours ago, 6666 said:

Defenders: Koscielny, Mustafi, Mertesacker, HoldingChambers, Gabriel, Bellerin, Debuchy, JenkinsonKolasinac, Monreal, Gibbs

Attackers: Walcott, Iwobi, J. CampbellA. Sanchez, L. Perez, Welbeck, Lacazette, Giroud, Akpom

Cech looks done to me, he made few errors already last season, I think its the age and probably his reflexes are slowing down. Schesny (screw the spelling) was always average and I dont know if he improved at Roma or not. Ospina is good.

Defenders: Per is gone isnt it? Chambers is dross and so are Gabriel and Jenkinson. Monreal is always solid and I assume Gibbs will be gone as there is a new guy and assume the same with Debuchy. 

MF: Elneny can be sold unless his wages are very low which I dont know. Xhaka needs to step up a lot more this season and I have mixed feelings about Coquelin and Cazorla with Cazorla's solely down to his fitness. Wilshere is injured again for long term isnt he? Dont know if Adelaide, Niles, Toral and  Zelalem will actually get any minutes in the premier league, may be only in the league cup and first few rounds of FA cup.

Forwards: Walcott is bad, Perez doesnt play and might be gone, I thought wenger sold campbell too, isnt it? Will Akpom get any minutes with Lacazett on board now?

Sanchez's future is still a doubt so not really a terrific team to me which can challenge for the league and go deep into the champions league campaig...... oh wait :ph34r:... nevermind, win or challenge for the europa league.

6 hours ago, Asura said:

Cech looks done to me, he made few errors already last season, I think its the age and probably his reflexes are slowing down. Schesny (screw the spelling) was always average and I dont know if he improved at Roma or not. Ospina is good.

Defenders: Per is gone isnt it? Chambers is dross and so are Gabriel and Jenkinson. Monreal is always solid and I assume Gibbs will be gone as there is a new guy and assume the same with Debuchy. 

MF: Elneny can be sold unless his wages are very low which I dont know. Xhaka needs to step up a lot more this season and I have mixed feelings about Coquelin and Cazorla with Cazorla's solely down to his fitness. Wilshere is injured again for long term isnt he? Dont know if Adelaide, Niles, Toral and  Zelalem will actually get any minutes in the premier league, may be only in the league cup and first few rounds of FA cup.

Forwards: Walcott is bad, Perez doesnt play and might be gone, I thought wenger sold campbell too, isnt it? Will Akpom get any minutes with Lacazett on board now?

Sanchez's future is still a doubt so not really a terrific team to me which can challenge for the league and go deep into the champions league campaig...... oh wait :ph34r:... nevermind, win or challenge for the europa league.

Szczesny had a very good season at Roma, same with Chambers at Middlesbrough and Walcott scored 19 goals from the wing last season, bettered a goal every other game... Saying he's bad is extremely incorrect. Per isn't done and Campbell hasn't been sold. Gabriel has actually been solid in the 3 man defence and Elneny never really has a bad game, always quite solid. You should pay less attention to morons on twitter who base their information on FIFA and the clowns on ArsenalFanTV. Cazorla's and Wilshere's injuries are a concern though so at least we agree on that.

Typical Spurs fans coming on here to try and give it the biggun. xD

It wasn't even a blip last season because we won the FA Cup and to be honest everything is top notch at Arsenal.  The fact we've bought Lacazzette is frivolous in my opinion because absolutely nothing was needed.  We have the best and all we need is a break... :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Typical Spurs fans coming on here to try and give it the biggun. xD

It wasn't even a blip last season because we won the FA Cup and to be honest everything is top notch at Arsenal.  The fact we've bought Lacazzette is frivolous in my opinion because absolutely nothing was needed.  We have the best and all we need is a break... :ph34r:

I've waited 20 years for this my friend - got to enjoy it 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, 6666 said:

Szczesny had a very good season at Roma, same with Chambers at Middlesbrough and Walcott scored 19 goals from the wing last season, bettered a goal every other game... Saying he's bad is extremely incorrect. Per isn't done and Campbell hasn't been sold. Gabriel has actually been solid in the 3 man defence and Elneny never really has a bad game, always quite solid. You should pay less attention to morons on twitter who base their information on FIFA and the clowns on ArsenalFanTV. Cazorla's and Wilshere's injuries are a concern though so at least we agree on that.

I didnt base my previous reply on twitter (I dont have a twitter account nor do I follow anyone) and not even the arsenalfanTV except for sometimes for the meltdowns. Everything I said is based on what I see weekly on the pitch and some reports on possible transfers.

About Schesny I did say I dont know if he improved at Roma, if he did like you said then thats a good news.Never rated Chambers but again like you said if he improved elsewhere then thats great. Walcott is something I cant agree with you, he is bang average at the max, he gets so many good chances and still wastes them and will have an odd good game, he is no way an arsenal level player. I though  Per reitred and was now offered a role in the academy and thought the same with Campbell too so I was wrong there. Gabriel isnt good mate, may be the change in system made him look a good player but to me he is again like Walcott, not an arsenal level player and I would prefer Holding over him. I didnt say Elneny is a bad player, just said he is a good squad player provided his wages arent very high like Walcott. 

Edited by Asura

What's an "Arsenal Level Player" these days anyhow?

Over the past decade those players you've mentioned are the level we have except for Alexis and Özil on paper and when the team goes on a run. 

This is our level!

Edited by SirBalon

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, shut up said:

Spurs 25 man squad is the weakest out of the top 6, bar Liverpool. Their first XI is very good, but after that most of the are Swansea level. Davies, Trippier, Vorm, Wimmer, Winks, Lamela, Sissoko, N'Koudou & Janssen are pretty average players. That's the reason why you will never win the league.

That's just wrong.

Apart from Sissoko and Nkoudou the rest are very good squad players. Winks is going to be top drawer 

• Subscriber

Pointless debate and I disagree that Arsenal have a stronger squad than Spurs. Might seem they have greater strength in depth because their first choice players aren't as good as Tottenham's so it's easier for average players to be closer to being good enough for their starting lineup. 

We have a lot of dross in out squad. Ospina, Debuchy, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Elneny, Coquelin, Campbell, Gabriel and also Perez should all be sold. We pretty much have all them positions covered apart from RWB and we'd need another midfielder which we can easily attain. If Chamberlain keeps up this contract bullshit he can be binned off too, been nothing but average if you look at his overall time here.

We have persisted with bang average for too long, Elneny the prime example. Just a complete average player who is hyped up because he does everything simple.

Edited by Chaaay AFC

Maybe it's Wenger that isn't getting the best out of these players? 

Is it shit coaching methods or is it every Arsenal player is shit? 

We probably won't sign Ox but I'm fairly confident that if we did Klopp would get much more out of him than Wenger has.