talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal Discussion

football forum

I don't understand why he has come out with this when he still hasn't signed a deal which has been on the table for months. Obviously it's for PR but he should've just kept his mouth shut.

All in all we are currently a mess. Only one player who has a year left on his deal has been sorted and that was Szczesny who has been sold to a better team... I can honestly say we are being terribly managed on all fronts. We are 20 days away from the new season and we have no clue what is going to happen with most of these players.

Edited by Chaaay AFC

19 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I don't understand why he has come out with this when he still hasn't signed a deal which has been on the table for months. Obviously it's for PR but he should've just kept his mouth shut.

All in all we are currently a mess. Only one player who has a year left on his deal has been sorted and that was Szczesny who has been sold to a better team... I can honestly say we are being terribly managed on all fronts. We are 20 days away from the new season and we have no clue what is going to happen with most of these players.

Wenger should've started to build the foundations for a future great team a number of years ago and I'm not even going all that far back for that to have begun.

What Wenger has found all of a sudden to his shock is that things have changed in the football world.  He's (Wenger) been living in lala land for so many years believing his own rhetoric and thinking that the Arsenal fans would eternally go along with it, that when he suddenly saw the sorry truth of it all it's suddenly too late.  He doesn't believe his team is all that anymore, but Arsenal no longer have the pull it once had.  There was a time where this wasn't the case, there was a time when Arsenal could attract based on the club name but now this is not the case anymore mate.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Wenger should've started to build the foundations for a future great team a number of years ago and I'm not even going all that far back for that to have begun.

What Wenger has found all of a sudden to his shock is that things have changed in the football world.  He's (Wenger) been living in lala land for so many years believing his own rhetoric and thinking that the Arsenal fans would eternally go along with it, that when he suddenly saw the sorry truth of it all it's suddenly too late.  He doesn't believe his team is all that anymore, but Arsenal no longer have the pull it once had.  There was a time where this wasn't the case, there was a time when Arsenal could attract based on the club name but now this is not the case anymore mate.

I don't actually think he believes this team is no good when he said this current squad only needs 3 signings to compete for a title. Although I firmly believe signings are not the most important factor to improving a squad, it's clear this team needed a bit of a freshen up. Honestly I believe this would have been the the perfect time to hit the reset button, but we didn't and now we find ourselves in such a weak bargaining position.

I think Wenger and the club is actually going to risk a lot of these players on one year deals because they're desperate. Fair enough risking Ozil and Alexis, but players like Ox, Ospina & Gibbs should be binned off.

Apparently Arsenal FC have sent an independent doctor to Chile due to Alexis Sánchez not returning back to London and training saying that he's ill.

This is Alexis' Instagram showing how poorly he is to travel by air to London and his obligations.

Maybe he's just waiting for his future to be sorted and doesn't want to go through the ordeal of continuing with something that holds no bearing on his future, who knows...

56 minutes ago, Danny said:

Why can't he fly?

Apparently it's the flu.  If this is the case it depends if it's incubation or full blown.  If it's full blown he could've flown but all the same, if he's got the flu it's understandable to be honest.  The curious part is the suggestion that Arsenal FC have sent an independent doctor which tells you something in all of this and the trust the club have in the player at this moment in time.

Arsenal need to sort the defence out massively, its very worrying that Wenger has played Elneny in defence in every pre season game, which tells you what he has in mind.   No way in a million years he is good enough to play in defence let alone in midfield. 

9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Maybe he's just waiting for his future to be sorted and doesn't want to go through the ordeal of continuing with something that holds no bearing on his future, who knows...

It's called a contract and it doesn't run out until next season so his immediate future is at Arsenal until further notice. If he's refusing to travel because he wants to force through a move then he's being a massive cunt.

According to the new rumours Arsenal are trying to get Jean Michael Seri from Nice. I dont follow french league but from what I have read that guy is a fantastic midfielder and could replace Santi Cazorla, hope the transfer goes through

Just now, Asura said:

According to the new rumours Arsenal are trying to get Jean Michael Seri from Nice. I dont follow french league but from what I have read that guy is a fantastic midfielder and could replace Santi Cazorla, hope the transfer goes through

Depends if Nice make the Champions League, they are 1-1 with Ajax and play in Amsterdam tomorrow.  

10 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Apparently Arsenal FC have sent an independent doctor to Chile due to Alexis Sánchez not returning back to London and training saying that he's ill.

This is Alexis' Instagram showing how poorly he is to travel by air to London and his obligations.

What a sad bastard xD

Yeah... As far as I'm concerned it's him forcing the issue and observing how far he can take this. Piss the club off so to speak...

I don't know what's happening with footballers lately but the whole thing smells rotten. 

Edited by SirBalon

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

It's called a contract and it doesn't run out until next season so his immediate future is at Arsenal until further notice. If he's refusing to travel because he wants to force through a move then he's being a massive cunt.

Why? That's football.  He is a great player who wants to win things. If he doesn't feel like he can do that at arsenal he has the right to want to leave and force a move

Edited by Guest

33 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Why? That's football.  He is a great player who wants to win things. If he doesn't feel like he can do that at arsenal he has the right to want to leave and force a move

You don't seem to know what a contract is.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

You don't seem to know what a contract is.

I'm very aware of what a contract is. Is something that can be bought out

5 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Stan Kroenkes released a blood sports channel in the UK.

Well that banner 'money can't buy you class' looks a bit awkward now.

The reaction on twitter has been typically twitter.

People that enjoy taunting vegans one day suddenly becoming animal rights activists the next. xD