talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga To Return on 16th May

1 hour ago, Tommy said:
Goal celebration only with short elbow or foot contact. 

Wtf no socially distanced Stevie G-esque knee slide celebrations allowed?!

I really really hope this goes ahead, selfishly, because I want to watch football again. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was canceled.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to watching Football, betting and trading on Betfair, again. That said, the only time I’ve watched a match that was behind closed doors was that England v Croatia game the other year and it was utterly dour. The game was bad but then I’m not sure if it was a genuinely bad game or the lack of atmosphere killed it a bit more. 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wtf no socially distanced Stevie G-esque knee slide celebrations allowed?!

I really really hope this goes ahead, selfishly, because I want to watch football again. But I wouldn't be surprised if it was canceled.

Pretty much sums up my feelings as well. Its been really weird to have no sports to watch at all.... and I usually have sports talk radio on at work xD

3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Looking forward to watching Football, betting and trading on Betfair, again. That said, the only time I’ve watched a match that was behind closed doors was that England v Croatia game the other year and it was utterly dour. The game was bad but then I’m not sure if it was a genuinely bad game or the lack of atmosphere killed it a bit more. 

Yes, well I have a few bets on the Champions League matches which I placed before COVID-19 officially struck Europe. But UEFA have still not announced when the CL games will resume, so in the meantime the bookies are holding onto my money. They won't even give me the option to cash out at this stage. 2020 has personally been a really crap year so far on a number of fronts. Having said that, I am really looking forward to the resumption of the Bundesliga. 

Good luck with Koln defeating Mainz this weekend, but I think the unexpected break really hasn't done Koln any favours. They were on a great streak of form, lets hope they can regain that momentum when their Bundesliga quest resumes on Sunday.

BT finally sorted out their games - the derby and Augsburg are live on Saturday in UK and all the Sunday and Monday are fully covered - at least something to watch again!  Work over the weekend is quiet as well so.....

Tommy's game is free to air on Sky De so will have to keep two screen on in the afternoon!

36 minutes ago, Michael said:

Yes, well I have a few bets on the Champions League matches which I placed before COVID-19 officially struck Europe. But UEFA have still not announced when the CL games will resume, so in the meantime the bookies are holding onto my money. They won't even give me the option to cash out at this stage. 2020 has personally been a really crap year so far on a number of fronts. Having said that, I am really looking forward to the resumption of the Bundesliga. 

Good luck with Koln defeating Mainz this weekend, but I think the unexpected break really hasn't done Koln any favours. They were on a great streak of form, lets hope they can regain that momentum when their Bundesliga quest resumes on Sunday.

I’m quite sceptical about betting this weekend, all form and momentum is gone, Köln’s included, which from a selfish point of view, is a bit annoying. 

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

I’m quite sceptical about betting this weekend, all form and momentum is gone, Köln’s included, which from a selfish point of view, is a bit annoying. 

I have to completely agree with you. The outcomes of the upcoming weekend matches will no doubt be harder to predict than they were prior to the enforced break. I think if anything, the break probably suited the sides that were witnessing poor form at the bottom of the table. The break will have given them time to regroup, get some rest and at least gain some confidence. So as you suggest, it may well be worth giving the forthcoming Saturday and Sunday Bundesliga games a miss on the betting front.

In terms of atmosphere all you hear when watching the Bundesliga on Tele is the same repetitive sound of a distant drum/drum sounding singing so I don’t think that will be an issue for me

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Danny said:

In terms of atmosphere all you hear when watching the Bundesliga on Tele is the same repetitive sound of a distant drum/drum sounding singing so I don’t think that will be an issue for me

They have some of the best atmospheres across Europe, even in 2.Bundesliga too. I don't think it's that repetitive either - several different clubs have their own chants and you can quite clearly tell. 

I think it will be very odd not having any atmosphere in these BL games. 

44 minutes ago, Stan said:

They have some of the best atmospheres across Europe, even in 2.Bundesliga too. I don't think it's that repetitive either - several different clubs have their own chants and you can quite clearly tell. 

I think it will be very odd not having any atmosphere in these BL games. 

I’m not saying the atmospheres aren’t good in the stadium but just on Television it comes across as dull and repetitive imo

13 hours ago, Danny said:

You must hate watching English Football on TV then. 

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

What's the plan then guys and girls?

Got a family quiz at 3pm don't I xD 

Will probably have it on in the background :) 

Should be able to watch Frankfurt/Gladbach in full and same for Bremen/Leverkusen. 

3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

You must hate watching English Football on TV then. 

No atmosphere is better than listening to drums...plus natural roar of the crowd > repetitive drum beat

51 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Don't know which leagues you're watching, as drums are absolutely unusual in German stadiums.

Again mate no idea what the atmospheres are like in the stadium so not knocking that, whenever I’ve watched a German game on Tele it sounds like the atmosphere is driven by a drum

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Due to a positive test in the family, one of the Werder players must go into a 14 day quarantine now... :dam:no name as of yet.

I hope it's not Pizarro. At his age he belongs to the high risk group. :ph34r:

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Its Pizarro's daughter :( 

Hope she gets well soon...

But it's interesting, as the club announced on Tuesday that Pizarro has a muscular injury and will not be available for a few weeks. I wonder if they knew about the positive test result already... 

Archived