talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Photography Thread

football forum

• Administrator
1 minute ago, nudge said:

I love it!  And regardless of how much I also love having electricity, I must say that the cables do tend to ruin the perfect view a little bit xD 

Yep. The bloody hotel staff wouldn't move them out of the way for me :whistling:

The FB-lovers clearly didn't mind it :ph34r:

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

Yep. The bloody hotel staff wouldn't move them out of the way for me :whistling:

The FB-lovers clearly didn't mind it :ph34r:

It's more of a general pet peeve of mine, I would retouch every damn one out of my photos if I could xD 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

Took this with an iPhone. Best photograph I’ve ever taken.

67B6276F-1AC7-42BF-BD96-703D7DA1B897.jpeg

Yep, I've seen it before and it is absolutely perfect, in my opinion. Everything from composition, subject matter, colours, lighting, etc. just look so spot on... Also love how natural and genuine the kids look! Would definitely get it printed and framed if I were you!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Yep, I've seen it before and it is absolutely perfect, in my opinion. Everything from composition, subject matter, colours, lighting, etc. just look so spot on... Also love how natural and genuine the kids look! Would definitely get it printed and framed if I were you!

Yeah, I’ve been meaning to get it up on canvas for a while now. Thanks for the reminder xD

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

Great idea @nudge!

My absolute favourite image I've shot is when there were weekly fireworks displays one summer near where I used to live. It was a chance every week to hone my skills and really experiment with how best to shoot the fireworks. This one was my favourite from the hundreds of photos I took over those few weeks.

image.thumb.png.8e35349b9f572716c2b6f5e0ac55ba1b.png

The photo that seems to get the most attention is this one that I took on a ferry trip to Amsterdam:

image.thumb.png.c44e38cbfbb5178cce62a1e879d9088f.png

I love the photo as well but there's so many things I'd have done differently if I was to take it again. But I guess that comes with developing as a photographer. I believe this was one of the first I took with my DSLR. 

• Upvote 3

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

Great idea @nudge!

My absolute favourite image I've shot is when there were weekly fireworks displays one summer near where I used to live. It was a chance every week to hone my skills and really experiment with how best to shoot the fireworks. This one was my favourite from the hundreds of photos I took over those few weeks.

image.thumb.png.8e35349b9f572716c2b6f5e0ac55ba1b.png

The photo that seems to get the most attention is this one that I took on a ferry trip to Amsterdam:

image.thumb.png.c44e38cbfbb5178cce62a1e879d9088f.png

I love the photo as well but there's so many things I'd have done differently if I was to take it again. But I guess that comes with developing as a photographer. I believe this was one of the first I took with my DSLR. 

I remember that firework photo, you posted it shortly after you first joined the forum! :D A great shot, love the composition. Can see why the others like that second one, too. It has that contempletative mood about it. 

• Subscriber

Has to be this one of the wife taken 3 years ago when the old dear downstairs, Evalyne, passed away and we went to her funeral, this was taken in a club after and the way I took the photo of the wife as she was sitting with her back towards a mirror and the reflection made it look like if she was an angel with wings on her back.

download.thumb.png.b5f2731fa1de117fa41d5df110fcfb35.png

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, nudge said:

I was wondering - what's your most favourite photo that you have taken yourself? Only one, please. Additionally, if you share your photos anywhere, what is your highest rated one by others? Also only one, please. I'm curious to see everyone's most favourite shots, but I'm particularly interested to see if anyone's favourite shot is also their highest rated one... 

@Stan @Viva la FCB @Mel81x @Pyfish @Rick @Lucas @Tommy @CaaC (John) (and everyone else, I only tagged the ones who posted in this thread or who I know likes to take pics)

A Düsseldorf Instagram community shared a picture of mine which received 600 likes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJVFcsvslLn/

Not necessarily my favourite I've ever taken though. 

Unbenannt.png

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, nudge said:

I was wondering - what's your most favourite photo that you have taken yourself? Only one, please. Additionally, if you share your photos anywhere, what is your highest rated one by others? Also only one, please. I'm curious to see everyone's most favourite shots, but I'm particularly interested to see if anyone's favourite shot is also their highest rated one... 

@Stan @Viva la FCB @Mel81x @Pyfish @Rick @Lucas @Tommy @CaaC (John) (and everyone else, I only tagged the ones who posted in this thread or who I know likes to take pics)

Good idea.

It's hard to pick as I probably have a 1001 pics of the Dog alone, but I like this one I took of the Eiffel Tower in Paris a couple years ago.

It seemed to get a few likes.

20210220_134941.thumb.jpg.bc9938787b502c31002c2ba580214f5e.jpg

Also this one. We were on quad bikes in Protaras and found this lovely quiet hidden church/place of worship made out of the rocks (I'd seen it online previously).

No one was around, it was so quiet and yet it felt quite unusual.

20210220_140417.thumb.jpg.e0c90d6c0e1f1c644e0d9537e5a603c4.jpg

I mentioned I have loads of our dog all pretty cute, especially when sleeping, but this one I love purely because you can see how transfixed she is with the bubbles.

20210220_140956.thumb.jpg.070902715c91c78f495637b6a42d64fd.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber

Alright was is a tough challenge, first my favourite taken during the olympics here in 2010 (this was/is our caldron in downtown), second from my balcony of my old condo which is for lack of a better word other peoples fav xD

Youve inspired me to go through more photos though if nothing else @nudge ^_^

DSC_0472.JPG

060.JPG

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Alright was is a tough challenge, first my favourite taken during the olympics here in 2010 (this was/is our caldron in downtown), second from my balcony of my old condo which is for lack of a better word other peoples fav xD

Youve inspired me to go through more photos though if nothing else @nudge ^_^

DSC_0472.JPG

060.JPG

Count me to the list of fans of the second one, really really nice. Looks so peaceful... I love night light trails in general, and the warm temperature/pastel colours in this one is very nice. Is it close to sunset or close to sunrise? Nice capture, either way...

The first one looks epic!

• Like 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, nudge said:

Count me to the list of fans of the second one, really really nice. Looks so peaceful... I love night light trails in general, and the warm temperature/pastel colours in this one is very nice. Is it close to sunset or close to sunrise? Nice capture, either way...

The first one looks epic!

Thanks a bunch! It was definitely sunrise. I woke up early and kept trying before work for a few days until the timing was perfect eventually got a few good shots out of it. As the years went on my view got worse as that tree kept growing and getting bushier lol

The first I think I like the most probably for the memories that all come along with it.

Edited by Viva la FCB
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...