talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

22 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

It is true i have had a season ticket, it cost nearly £1300. Maybe you are the one that needs to do research!

That definitely isn't an average season ticket. xD Regular season tickets were around £1050 or something, maybe slightly higher. Definitely not above £1100.

Based on last season's prices, Tottenham's were more expensive when you break it down to per match and Chelsea's was only slightly less expensive. The prices are very much in line with London prices. They're definitely ridiculous but this whole "Arsenal's season ticket prices are out of control" is only based on Arsenal offering 26 games when most teams offer 19. The press will report the total price but not what you're getting and people fall for it.

This notion that we don't have money is of course bullshit but that doesn't mean have to bring your own bullshit to the party. Kroenke definitely is using Arsenal as a cash cow.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, El_Loco said:

I wonder if a top 6 side will go after Thomas Muller. Little time left, but he doesn´t get along very well with Carlo Ancelotti and perhaps a move would do good for him. 

No way he ever leaves Bayern 

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Agreed...  His signing policy in general (apart from the players I child knows about) have been shit for donkeys years.

I think in general Wenger still has a good eye for talent, every manager will make some mistakes. The real problem in my opinion is that his training methods are stuck in past and he just can´t take the best out his players. If Conte coached Arsenal, they´d probably be a top 3 team.

By the way, let´s say Arsenal sell Alexis for Sterling plus money. If you also buy Seri and Müller, I honestly think it´d be a decent window for Arsenal. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

No way he ever leaves Bayern 

I used to think that but he seems to be very upset with Ancelotti, here´s what he´s said this weekend; 

"I don’t know exactly which qualities he wants to see. But mine seem not to be 100 percent in demand.”

1 minute ago, El_Loco said:

I think in general Wenger still has a good eye for talent, every manager will make some mistakes. The real problem in my opinion is that his training methods are stuck in past and he just can´t take the best out his players. If Conte coached Arsenal, they´d probably be a top 3 team.

By the way, let´s say Arsenal sell Alexis for Sterling plus money. If you also buy Seri and Müller, I honestly think it´d be a decent window for Arsenal. 

The players he's bought in the past 10 years (aside from big names from big clubs) have been mediocre to decent, nothing special mate.

On that final sentence you wrote...  Don't want Müller...  I have never rated him and even when he was at his best I thought it was white smoke from a clumsy looking player.  Not my type on what I like.

As for Jean Marie Seri...  I'd have him in a second mate.

3 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Holding looks a decent player but is get exposed by having no real experience beside him in the last few games.

I still remember when Wenger signed Chambers and then destroyed his confidence by playing him out of position at RB, totally exposed vs Jefferson Montero.

Theres a fine line between trusting young talent, and hanging them out to dry. 

2 minutes ago, VanPanna said:

Holding looks a decent player but is get exposed by having no real experience beside him in the last few games.

Holding indeed needs experience and had it not been for our extreme situation, he should've gone out on loan.

It's things like Walcott, Welbeck, Wilshere, Ramsey, Xhaka, Elneny, Gabriel, (that Brazilian left-back forgot his name), Gibbs, Almunia, Denilson, Obi One Kinobi etc... etc... that have created dry rot.  All set in mediocrity and all part of a squad Wenger always said he has faith in them to challenge for the competitions we participate in.

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That sort of talk on money to spend and what not happens every summer.

How come I'm where?

Where am I supposed to be?

You didn't highlight the point to your question.

As in, howcome you were in the posh seats?

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Holding indeed needs experience and had it not been for our extreme situation, he should've gone out on loan.

It's things like Walcott, Welbeck, Wilshere, Ramsey, Xhaka, Elneny, Gabriel, (that Brazilian left-back forgot his name), Gibbs, Almunia, Denilson, Obi One Kinobi etc... etc... that have created dry rot.  All set in mediocrity and all part of a squad Wenger always said he has faith in them to challenge for the competitions we participate in.

From those mentioned, I think at least Walcott, Wilshere and Ramsey could´ve developed into much better players under different circumstances and coaching. And this is exactly why the Ox move is so interesting, we´ll be able to find out how far behind Wenger is behind the top coaches in terms of orienting and developing talent. 

And to be fair, Koscielny and Cazorla were very good signings. 

Small details can totally change a player´s career, while I think Wenger still manages to identify top young talent, he just can´t develop them into top players. This is not exclusively an Arsenal problem, in Italy Internazionale seems to have the same problem. Small-sample size but look how much better Kondogbia looked against Real Madrid. He was terrible at Inter. The same goes for Coutinho and others.

Just now, Dan said:

As in, howcome you were in the posh seats?

Because when I went to live in Valencia for 10 years I gave up my season ticket which I'd had since I was 11 (before then I used to pay to go to games as a Junior Gunner) and the club promised me I wouldn't go on the waiting list if I ever wanted a season ticket again.  They obviously didn't promise me the season ticket would be back in the North Bank.  All I was offered was Platinum Club Level which has been just shy of £3k for the past 4 years (I'm talking by just a couple of quid).

At TFF I once posted a picture of the renewal brochure with the price I had to pay.

But I'm done with being ripped off.  I almost didn't renew for last season but changed my mind in two days before deadline.

1 minute ago, El_Loco said:

And to be fair, Koscielny and Cazorla were very good signings. 

Koscielny was indeed!

Cazorla didn't need an introduction into the football world.  Real Madrid were minutes away from signing him the previous summer.

3 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Internazionale seems to have the same problem. Small-sample size but look how much better Kondogbia looked against Real Madrid. He was terrible at Inter. The same goes for Coutinho and others.

Seems to be a historical thing!  Same thing happened many years ago with Bergkamp too.

1 hour ago, Asura said:

Dead  :rofl:

Wenger has missed the boat again :D  ..Mangala could be a great CB at the right club, Pep only wants defenders that can do a mean step over :ph34r:

In other news

A high-level delegation representing Manchester City has arrived in Santiago, Chile, in anticipation of a deal being struck for Arsenal star Alexis Sanchez, El Mercurio is reporting.

While no fee is agreed yet, with Arsenal having rejected City’s opening proposal of £50million, the presence of City officials in Chile means that if a deal is struck, they can quickly get Alexis’ signature.

The Chilean newspaper doesn’t know the names of those in the group and suggests it could be a group of lawyers representing the Premier League club, but their presence is a sign that City are confident that a deal can be done for the 28-year-old.

It is thought that Arsenal will now agree to sell Alexis for around £70million after the inclusion of Raheem Sterling in a deal was ruled out by Pep Guardiola, and a second bid is likely to arrive at the Emirates any time with the clock ticking before the transfer window closes.

• Subscriber

SkyBet reckon....

Coutinho to Barcelona
Van Dijk to Liverpool
Sanchez to Man City
Barkley to stay at Everton
Lemar to Liverpool
Drinkwater to Chelsea
Vardy to stay at Leicester
Lennon to stay at Everton
Andre Gomes to stay at Barcelona
Andros Townsend to stay at Palace
Belotti to stay at Torino
Di Maria to stay at PSG
Ashley Barnes to stay at Burnley
Gibson to stay at Middlesbrough
Afobe to stay at Bournemouth
Calum Chambers to stay at Arsenal (his price to Leicester has dropped significantly though)
Cedric to stay at Southampton
Cristiano Ronaldo to stay at Real Madrid (1/50, how is that even a market?)
Ings to stay at Liverpool
Rose to stay at Spurs
Demarai Gray to stay at Leicester (he was favourite to join Spurs earlier)
Origi to Wolfsburg
Gayle to Fulham (WTF Newcastle???)
Emre Can to stay at Liverpool
Delph to stay at Man City
Fabinho to stay at Monaco
Forestieri to stay at Sheffield Wednesday
Llorente to Chelsea (1/8!!!!)
Bale to stay at Real Madrid
Slimani to stay at Leicester
Colback to Wolves
Wilshere to stay at Arsenal
James McCarthy to stay at Everton
Jonny Evans to Man City (I may have a punt on him staying at WBA at 4/1)
Rhodes to stay at Sheff Weds
Draxler to stay at PSG
Jota to Birmingham
Dolberg to stay at Ajax
Lamine Kone to stay at Sunderland
Messi to stay at Barcelona (1/66, fuck sake)
Loic Remy to stay at Chelsea
Lucas Moura to stay at PSG
Lucas Perez to Deportivo
Debuchy to stay at Arsenal
Mamadou Sakho to Palace
Lanzini to stay at West Ham
Kovacic to stay at Real Madrid
Ozil to stay at Arsenal
Batshuayi to stay at Chelsea
Moussa Dembele to stay at Celtic
Sissoko to stay at Spurs
Nahki Wells to Burnley
Chadli to Swansea
Nelson Oliveira to stay at Norwich
Niasse to Brighton
Crouch to stay at Stoke
Raul Jimenez to stay at Benfica
Mahrez to stay (!!!!!!!!)
Ross McCormack to Sunderland
Sterling to stay at Man City
Ryan Sessegnon to stay at Fulham
Aguero to stay at Man City
Vermaelen to stay at Barcelona
Werner to stay at RB Leipzig
Deeney to stay at Watford
Vincent Janssen to stay at Spurs
Aboubakar to stay at Porto
Bony to Swansea

I have the following outstanding:

- Riyad Mahrez to stay at Leicester, got this at 7/1

- Lucas Perez to stay at Arsenal, 8/1

- Ross Barkley to stay at Everton, 5/2 (left topping it up at 7/1 at a later date, stupidly)

- Ben Gibson to Leicester, 12/1 (had it on good authority we were going for him but doubt it now)

Expecting some form of profit.

Talk of Xhaka leaving Arsenal now, linking him with moves back to Germany or Italy xD Apparently Arsenal need to make room as they expect to bid for Seri from Nice. 

So that be all the 3 transfers minus Holding would be out of the club from last season .

• Subscriber

xD Sky are absolute jokers. Bony to stay at Man City was 7/1 when I posted that message, there's been a tweet about the deal breaking down and he's now gone to 12/1 to stay there. Watch it mysteriously drop to 6/4 in the next hour.

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

xD Sky are absolute jokers. Bony to stay at Man City was 7/1 when I posted that message, there's been a tweet about the deal breaking down and he's now gone to 12/1 to stay there. Watch it mysteriously drop to 6/4 in the next hour.

Dangerous game betting on transfers.  

Archived