talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

Look, if Sakho is bought by whoever in the Premiere League and improves their team then £25m-£30m will be worth it and I'm pretty confident he'd significantly improve three quarters of the clubs in the Premiere League. 

There will be takers, I'm certain of that. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Read Deadlinesman's posts. When I say on the cheap, I'm not talking about 5 or 10 million; anything less than £20-25m is cheap for Sakho.

Well PSG is who I had in mind if they sell Marquinhos, but there are clubs all over Europe who can afford £30m. Most of the very top clubs probably don't need him but you've still got Monaco, Inter, Dortmund...

I wouldn't say twenty million is cheap. A good deal for us, but not necessarily cheap. Then again, we don't know how the market will fluctuate this summer.

Im a massive, massive fan of his but the arrogance some of the Liverpool fans have when they speak about there players on this forum is borderline cringeworthy.

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I'm still trying to find the post where I stated he'd go for cheap 🤔

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

It's hugely relevant. Clubs that don't need to sell command far higher prices. It's supply and demand, basic economics. If a club knows you want rid, why would they offer top money? 

7 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

The difference is Liverpool want to sell and the other teams don't........

Anything else I can help you with this evening?

51 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Read Deadlinesman's posts. When I say on the cheap, I'm not talking about 5 or 10 million; anything less than £20-25m is cheap for Sakho.

Well PSG is who I had in mind if they sell Marquinhos, but there are clubs all over Europe who can afford £30m. Most of the very top clubs probably don't need him but you've still got Monaco, Inter, Dortmund...

Didn't Liverpool get him from PSG?

39 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I wouldn't say twenty million is cheap. A good deal for us, but not necessarily cheap. Then again, we don't know how the market will fluctuate this summer.

Im a massive, massive fan of his but the arrogance some of the Liverpool fans have when they speak about there players on this forum is borderline cringeworthy.

I don't think it's arrogant to suggest Sakho is good enough to demand a fee of over £20m in today's market mate. Especially when you've got John Stones going for £50m and Harry Magiure of Hull being banded around at £20m. 

I just think whoever buys him at around £25m will be getting value for money. 

6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Indeed I agree. But remember one thing, they don't sell La Masia players at the age that for example Bellerín went or others like Toral or Fàbregas. They're coaxed or poached away against the club's wishes. They didn't reject Bellerín!

Barcelona are stupid in putting all their eggs in one basket though, unless they know something nobody else does where the Arsenal right-back is concerned.

Anyhow... The fact they let Dani Alves go for free just shows how ridiculous this board have been where most (not all) of the departed and recruits have been in question.

If they offer Bellerín first team football at Barça, then he should seriously think about his future at Arsenal in my opinion.  

Whatever happened to that Catalonian fella they bought from Sevilla? Vidal?

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

Whatever happened to that Catalonian fella they bought from Sevilla? Vidal?

Mashed his leg to pieces when he was suddenly doing what he was bought for...  In six straight games (since he'd won his place back) he'd scored 2 goals and had 5 assists which is what Luis Enrique wanted from him and maybe not even that much.  He's out for a long long long time which is sad to be honest as he'd had a torrid year and a half not managing to win over the coach that made the board buy him in the first place.

53 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Anything else I can help you with this evening?

Yeah, you could start with actually posting a quote where I state he'll go for cheap. Just because you think £20million is cheap doesn't mean I do for fucks sake. Do continue though.

• Administrator

I've never particularly rated Sakho, he's a cut and shut footballer, has the athletic ability and physique but has all the prowess and skill on the ball of footballer shaped bean bag.  

4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yeah, you could start with actually posting a quote where I state he'll go for cheap. Just because you think £20million is cheap doesn't mean I do for fucks sake. Do continue though.

You didn't say £20m, I did. What you did say, however, is that teams wouldn't want to pay top money because they know we want to sell him. Not because he's not worth that much, but because they know we want to sell, so we'll be forced to sell for less than he's worth, or to use a colloquialism, on the cheap.

8 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Juventus probably wanted rid of Pogba yet still got £89m :ph34r:

hahaha...  I get you! ;)

But on a serious note...  As erroneous as it was now with hindsight, clubs like Barça and especially Real Madrid were in for him until they measured up the whole package.  All the same their interest made that price spiral out of control and forced Man Utd to over spend on him as we all know well with that story and how it was stuttering in the final weeks as the price went up and up with United finally saying yes.

If PSG are in for Sakho, then that will almost certainly get you the asking price or close to it.  If that interest is real, it causes speculation even though false on value for money.

22 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

You didn't say £20m, I did. What you did say, however, is that teams wouldn't want to pay top money because they know we want to sell him. Not because he's not worth that much, but because they know we want to sell, so we'll be forced to sell for less than he's worth, or to use a colloquialism, on the cheap.

If you think any team would be willing to pay full asking price for a player quite clearly not wanted by you, you're simply kidding yourself. Think we'll just agree to disagree on this one. As a club, you're more than entitled to ask for a price, but you can't get as much as a contracted player that you actually want to keep. It's pretty much always been that way. With the well documented fall out and off the field issues, I genuinely believe you won't get £30million.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

If you think any team would be willing to pay full asking price for a player quite clearly not wanted by you, you're simply kidding yourself. Think we'll just agree to disagree on this one. As a club, you're more than entitled to ask for a price, but you can't get as much as a contracted player that you actually want to keep. It's pretty much always been that way. With the well documented fall out and off the field issues, I genuinely believe you won't get £30million.

Obviously we've set a high bar for negotiations with £30m, as all clubs do. I think everyone is in agreement that the fee he'll actually go for will be around the £25m mark, give or take a couple of mil. 

I actually hope he sorts his differences out with Klopp and we keep him to be honest. 

44 minutes ago, Batard said:

I've never particularly rated Sakho, he's a cut and shut footballer, has the athletic ability and physique but has all the prowess and skill on the ball of footballer shaped bean bag.  

It's certainly not pretty, but you can't deny that he's an effective defender. People underrate him because when he does make mistakes, which is rare, it looks fucking appalling.

Surprisingly, because of how he looks, he's an effective passer of the ball for a defender. That said, I have little time for those who claim he's a genuine ball-playing centre half, because he's clearly far from comfortable on the ball.

Looks more and more likely that Lukaku is coming home, just based on two things I've put together this evening. xD

Drogba and Massimo are good mates.

Drogba says he talks to Lukaku on a regular basis.

"You know him well?" I ask him.

"Very well".

"Do you know what he's planning?"

"I know".

"Are you going to tell me?"

"No" followed by much laughter.

7 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Looks more and more likely that Lukaku is coming home, just based on two things I've put together this evening. xD

Drogba and Massimo are good mates.

There's been no negotiations between the clubs yet. 

Archived