talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Transfer Rumours 2017

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'd have no problem if we sell Barkley and sign Sigurdsson but if we spend more than we bring in for Ross I wouldn't class that as good business. 

Think it's a given if the two moves take place. We'll only sign Ross for up to £25 million I think if it happens. Just depends on whether they're happy to let him see out his last year and leave, or can persuade him to sign another deal - or if they let him go to us. 

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Storts said:

Think it's a given if the two moves take place. We'll only sign Ross for up to £25 million I think if it happens. Just depends on whether they're happy to let him see out his last year and leave, or can persuade him to sign another deal - or if they let him go to us. 

That would be awful from us and I'd only swallow it if there's absolutely no way Barkley will sign a new contract. 

• Subscriber

I've got money on both Barkley and Sigurdsson staying at their clubs. Something tells me I'm going to be on the end of a double whammy.

I want us to go for Boudebouz.

3 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

We don't need to sell and strikers who score 15-20 are like goldust  regardless of how lazy they are. They'll have to pay big if they want him.

21 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Tottenham Hotspur want to take Kelechi Iheanacho to North London as part of their deal to sell Kyle Walker to Premier League rivals Manchester City, according to The Sun.

Probably bollocks but would definitely take it. 

Arsenal should get rid. I really don't see the appeal with the Ox, much like Walcott. Unfulfilled potential that has gone stale and need's binning for the sake of the club going forward, also the player too. All he does is take a load of Instagram selfies. That doesn't win you trophies.

He's not a player that's going to walk into City, Chelsea or Liverpool's first XI either. I would prefer to see him move to someone like an Everton, Southampton or West Ham where he can go and be one of the club's more important players, take up the mantle of being one of the team's bigger players and improve further.

• Subscriber

Not convinced Chamberlain would even get much game time for us with the players we've brought in. There isn't much room for out and out wingers in the Premier League at the moment unless they're versatile enough to play more of a free role and drift into the middle or swap sides. 

How many top class wingers are there in the league now that make a living off hugging the line? Players like Walcott and Lennon used to be solid top 6 players but now it's hard to find them a place with the emphasis on wing backs or at least attacking full backs providing a wide threat already. 

18 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Not convinced Chamberlain would even get much game time for us with the players we've brought in. There isn't much room for out and out wingers in the Premier League at the moment unless they're versatile enough to play more of a free role and drift into the middle or swap sides. 

How many top class wingers are there in the league now that make a living off hugging the line? Players like Walcott and Lennon used to be solid top 6 players but now it's hard to find them a place with the emphasis on wing backs or at least attacking full backs providing a wide threat already. 

Ox did show last season he can play in the middle or at right wing back. He's prolonged his career at the top for another couple of years for that reason which rules out Everton for now. Peps a fan and Klopp would see benefit in his versatility.

27 minutes ago, Dan said:

Plenty of those with some sort of 'ITK' track record at Leicester reckon Kelechi Iheanacho is ours so I'm not too worried about the Spurs link.

The fact Sky sent a notification about it before Lukaku and Rooney were confirmed confirms it's happening.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Lucas said:

Arsenal should get rid. I really don't see the appeal with the Ox, much like Walcott. Unfulfilled potential that has gone stale and need's binning for the sake of the club going forward, also the player too. All he does is take a load of Instagram selfies. That doesn't win you trophies.

He's not a player that's going to walk into City, Chelsea or Liverpool's first XI either. I would prefer to see him move to someone like an Everton, Southampton or West Ham where he can go and be one of the club's more important players, take up the mantle of being one of the team's bigger players and improve further.

We might well be having a void coming up on the right wing soon....

Stranger things have happened.

1 hour ago, Dan said:

We might well be having a void coming up on the right wing soon....

Stranger things have happened.

Again, Leicester, perfect example of a club he could go to and be the bigger fish in the pond and flourish.

Would you want him?

Only thing I would say is, I don't think he's necessarily and out and out winger.

Would definitely have Ox in the squad rather than sold, people don't actually seem to watch any games and just go off of cliches about Arsenal players. Ox played well last season, he's not irreplaceable though and if he's not gonna sign a new contract it wouldn't be the worst idea to cash in. And Walcott scored 19 goals from the wing last season, bettered a goal every other game. Only the formation change saw him play a lesser part in the second half of the season. Can argue that he shouldn't be first choice but it's pretty ignorant to suggest he's not useful.

Only players we should be looking to sell are those that just don't have a place in the squad. Either Szczesny or Ospina, both solid but doubt one would settle for third choice. Jenkinson & Debuchy, barely ever play and should've looked for moves already. Lucas Perez and Joel Campbell, look good when they play but for some reason Wenger doesn't play them and they're not willing to just be reserves for the bench, might as well sell. Gibbs or Gabriel could also be sold as we have decent cover in those positions.

After that it depends on if we're looking to bring anyone else in. If Lemar is joining then obviously that would mean either Sanchez or Chamberlain is being sold. If he comes down to that then hopefully it's Chamberlain and a gun is held aiming at Sanchez's dogs to force him to sign a new contract.

Other than the names mentioned I'd be surprised by others moving. Other than Lemar, can see us maybe looking for a creative central midfielder as Cazorla and Wilshere are dead until further notice.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Again, Leicester, perfect example of a club he could go to and be the bigger fish in the pond and flourish.

Would you want him?

Only thing I would say is, I don't think he's necessarily and out and out winger.

Considering we are likely to have a void there I think we'd be about as suitable a move as any. I don't know what sort of money he is on at Arsenal mind.

If we signed him I wouldn't be disappointed. I wouldn't have Walcott but I've got more time for AOC.

Archived