talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

On the face of it one would think it was a good result at the weekend. For me we lost 2 points by playing far too defensive against a team ripe for the taking.

Ok so I have sat through the game a number of times, as per normal. Outside of a miss control by Bakayoko which lead too the celebration of a man who still held in his heart the chance of wearing Blue, it is difficult to see how Liverpool were going to get a goal, so that part of Conte’s plan was fine.

The amount of times Drinkwater was sprung free during the game makes you wonder if that had been Fabragas, what would have been the end result?

I guess there is an argument Fabregas slow little legs might not have got him to the ball.

Well he wasn’t to know Liverpool would, for me, start a weakened 11, but he should have known they are no better than last season and again, there is an argument outside of their front 3 they are a weaker outfit.

So was the manager over cautious?

Maybe before the game he had talked himself into believing a point was the best we could do because of fixtures congestion?

I would say the evidence of the night, he was badly wrong.

Footnote:

How about that Willian?   :ay:

Edited by The Liquidator

28 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

On the face of it one would think it was a good result at the weekend. For me we lost 2 points by playing far too defensive against a team ripe for the taking.

Ok so I have sat through the game a number of times, as per normal. Outside of a miss control by Bakayoko which lead too the celebration of a man who still held in his heart the chance of wearing Blue, it is difficult to see how Liverpool were going to get a goal, so that part of Conte’s plan was fine.

The amount of times Drinkwater was sprung free during the game makes you wonder if that had been Fabragas, what would have been the end result?

I guess there is an argument Fabregas slow little legs might not have got him to the ball.

Well he wasn’t to know Liverpool would, for me, start a weakened 11, but he should have known they are no better than last season and again, there is an argument outside of their front 3 they are a weaker outfit.

So was the manager over cautious?

Maybe before the game he had talked himself into believing a point was the best we could do because of fixtures congestion?

I would say the evidence of the night, he was badly wrong.

Footnote:

How about that Willian?   :ay:

Works both ways. Had we fielded full strength, we’d have wiped the floor with ya :coffee:

Both managers played it too cautious. 

Also not sure how you can say we are weaker this season without looking at yourselves? We didn’t lose anybody over the summer but added the wonderful Salah whereas you lot are weaker up top losing Costa whilst arguably weaker still in midfield swapping Matic for Drinkwater. 

Edited by LFCMadLad

6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Works both ways. Had we fielded full strength, we’d have wiped the floor with ya :coffee:

Both managers played it too cautious. 

Also not sure how you can say we are weaker this season without looking at yourselves? We didn’t lose anybody over the summer but added the wonderful Salah whereas you lot are weaker up top losing Costa whilst arguably weaker still in midfield swapping Matic for Drinkwater. 

Morata has his strengths that are better suited in our system, even ahead of Costa. His record breaking involvement in goals and assists for us proves that. 

You honestly think a midfield of Matic, Kante, Fabregas and, Chalobah is stronger than Kante, Fabregas, Drinkwater, and Bakayoko? Maybe in terms of quality, it's dead even. But in what they provide in our system (Drinkwater's balanced attributes and Bakayoko's dynamism) it's no question. 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Morata has his strengths that are better suited in our system, even ahead of Costa. His record breaking involvement in goals and assists for us proves that. 

You honestly think a midfield of Matic, Kante, Fabregas and, Chalobah is stronger than Kante, Fabregas, Drinkwater, and Bakayoko? Maybe in terms of quality, it's dead even. But in what they provide in our system (Drinkwater's balanced attributes and Bakayoko's dynamism) it's no question. 

I’ll except that because you obviously know your team better than me. 

Just as I know my team better than Term-X :D

Eden Hazard

Very interesting interview here: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/eden-hazard-does-not-give-everything-in-chelsea-training-after-rivals-attacks-a3702471.html

Him being hacked is becoming more of a concern, it was border line assault at times against West Brom and the Liverpool players seemed to take it turns especially in the first half.

17 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

Eden Hazard

Very interesting interview here: https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/eden-hazard-does-not-give-everything-in-chelsea-training-after-rivals-attacks-a3702471.html

Him being hacked is becoming more of a concern, it was border line assault at times against West Brom and the Liverpool players seemed to take it turns especially in the first half.

What do you expect from a referee that wouldn’t let Klopp make a substitution because he thought it was for time wasting purposes? 

Dermot Drummys passed away. He was only 56! 

Condolences with his family. That's no age for anybody to go.

For those that don't know, Dermot did a lot of work with the Chelsea academy. He very nearly got the Crystal Palace Managers job on two separate occasions because of how he impressed in interviews and his reputation around young players. He recently had a managerial stint at freefalling Crawley Town.