talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

15 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You’ve become the new Sirbalon 

Brb starting a fashion thread where literally every picture in the thread is of some sort of absurd clothing getup that no person could in good conscious recommend another person should wear.

16 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What’s the verdict on Mason Mount so far? Seems to be coming in for some stick on Twitter (I know not the greatest barometer). Only a kid, maybe lampard should switch him a bit?

Needs a break. Looks gassed mentally. Continues to make poor decisions. 

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

What’s the verdict on Mason Mount so far? Seems to be coming in for some stick on Twitter (I know not the greatest barometer). Only a kid, maybe lampard should switch him a bit?

As Cicero said he needs a break. He's been overplayed and perhaps mismanaged a bit by Lampard and it was revealed recently that he's been playing with injuries. The first couple of months of the season he was very good (perhaps our player of the season up to a certain point) but he's been poor or hot and cold since then. I rate him but he needs to be managed a little better. I also think he suits certain games better than others and there's also a theory that some of his best performances have come from the left-hand side where he hasn't been used since earlier in the season. 

In truth, you could say in general most of our youth players this season can blow hot or cold.

Edited by carefreeluke

1 hour ago, The Artful Dodger said:

In my eyes he is pretty much a forward with an eye for goal but his workrate makes him able to cover the midfield. He really has a great shot.

40 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Simon Phillips stating Lampard wants Kepa gone in the summer and might not play him the rest of the season. 

Oh joy. Hope Lampard is looking forward to Nick Pope being unable to distribute from the back. 

Maybe Kepa is just mentally drained? :ph34r:

11 hours ago, Cicero said:

Simon Phillips stating Lampard wants Kepa gone in the summer and might not play him the rest of the season. 

Oh joy. Hope Lampard is looking forward to Nick Pope being unable to distribute from the back. 

Who is Simon Phillips? If we sell Kepa we will need two new keepers. As we saw that Caballero is just poor, but can't blame him at 38 years of age. If we sell Kepa we need a new keeper and a back up that provides cover and competition. 

7 hours ago, True Blue said:

Who is Simon Phillips? If we sell Kepa we will need two new keepers. As we saw that Caballero is just poor, but can't blame him at 38 years of age. If we sell Kepa we need a new keeper and a back up that provides cover and competition. 

Our best correspondent. Going to take a massive loss if we do get rid. 

So we spend a small fortune taking FIFA to court to get the transfer ban lifted and then decide to be prudent by keeping our powder dry for the summer? Or so it seems.

Plenty of Chelsea scratching their heads n mouthing off against the club, spouting all number of uneducated ideas with the clubs lack of movement in this window. I guess they are fuelled by our manager looking like his world has just caved in as none of his recommendations have found their way to Stamford Bridge, soon followed by his again making public his opinion we are underdogs for top four. Nothing to do with his inability to get the team to play a full 90mins and generate points against teams who are losing to most others.

For me I think someone should illuminate the fact nobody of note left the club either and lets face it, the list of players who need to be moved on is far longer than the reasonable amount of players one could expect us to sign in a Winter window. Those players are that poor even Italian clubs wont take them back.

----------------------

Mason Mount starting to feel the Chelsea numptees on his back as his assists and goals have dried up. He is not alone having a turn in form, but the teams Frank is picking carry far too many passengers and I guess it was just a matter of time before they brought the other players down to their level.

Kovacic started off the season as our best player, now 25 games in, he cant get a starting place in Franks team, yet Jorginho starts every game no matter how often he is caught in possession and exposed by opponents of not being able to run. Now we have idiots who praised the previous manager for moving Kante forward, expressing a need to replace him with someone who has more attacking flair! The home games we lost to Southampton West Ham and Bournemouth, Jorginho started all 3 games and was pathetic. Frank pulled him off in the first two, yet still picked him against Southampton who ran around him like he was treading in quicksand. I am sure I saw Pierre Hojbjerg have a shaking his pocket moment aimed at Jorginho during the 2nd half. You hear anyone say Jorginho is a “player” I show you someone who knows nothing about football. FUCKING USELESS!!!! and is the major weak point of the front two thirds of our team. Need an example of his poor play? Just watch him in our last game & see how unprotected he leaves the boys behind him & offers nothing going forward both with n without the ball. The Chelsea idiots are the same people pointing fingers at Mount and Kante. Anything to take the spotlight off of Jorginho. Get him out of my club!!

Back to Frank, Tammy has gone off the boil, so suck it up and play Giroud. I think the one thing Chelsea fans agree on is Mitchy is very limited so for god sake play Giroud and maybe even play Tammy and the French feller together.

Pulisic loss has become more hurtful as the games against defensive side come and go. With luck he will be back soon. Reuben Loftus-Cheek return will good in a attacking view, but we must remember he is as much use as a heart attack defensively.

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Do you think he goes to the Euros?

That’s a toss up. I know Southgate rates him but this entire season is a write off for Ruben. I dont expect him to hit the ground running.

He’s just come back from a complete Achilles tear. CHO’s was just a partial. 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Why doesn’t Lampard play Giroud ever?

No idea. It’s amusing hearing him whine about lack of fire power when Saturday was a great time to of utilised Girouds hold up and link up play. 

Edited by Cicero

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

That’s a toss up. I know Southgate rates him but this entire season is a write off for Ruben. I dont expect him to hit the ground running.

He’s just come back from a complete Achilles tear. CHO’s was just a partial. 

No idea. It’s amusing hearing him whine about lack of fire power when Saturday was a great time to of utilised Girouds hold up and link up play. 

Giroud must be looking like total shite in training then. Unless you think Lampard’s just got certain biases against players

I love Frank, adored him as an player and i like him as a manager. However i feel like other managers he has favorites, which is normal i guess not every manager rates the same player. We obviously tried with Michy, he needs 10 clear chances to get a deflected goal. Has no hold up play what so ever and his decision making is also very poor. I like the guy i really do, but he needs to be sold this summer. Didn't impress at Chelsea and didn't impress on his loans. Giroud on the other hand is much more similar to Tammy, big strong and can keep the ball. There is no reason he shouldn't be used in the Cups all the time, and to be cover for Tammy when he is unfit. Hope he does play him now that we didn't sign anyone.

Edited by True Blue

Tammy does have good hold up play. He’s just been in a rut as is 90% of the team. 

The defensive issues is solely down to Lampard. Kepa had the third most clean sheets last season and our defending of set pieces were solid. 

Both are a massive issue this season