talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Discussion

football forum

Chelsea takeover: How data-led Todd Boehly would maximise youth talent in Stamford Bridge revolution

Todd Boehly will put data at the heart of his Chelsea revolution if his bid to buy the club is successful, with maximising youth talent one of his key visions for the future.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-fc-takeover-todd-boehly-la-dodgers-b991708.html

Ricketts promises to Chelsea fans

1. Make no change to the club’s name, badge and crest, or Chelsea blue, without the consent of supporters.

2. Never participate in a European Super League and always protect the integrity and heritage of Chelsea F.C.

3. Commit the resources necessary across all levels of the club to continue winning trophies, including investing in the first team, experienced football leadership and the Academy.

4. Put diversity and inclusion at the heart of the club and fight against any form of discrimination or inequality.

5. Create an Advisory Committee with diverse representation to ensure our decisions are informed by: a former men’s and women’s first team player, members of the CST and Chelsea Pitch Owners, and influential community leaders.

6. Explore every option to redevelop Stamford Bridge and do everything in our power to keep playing in this historic stadium.

7. Match the current commitment to Chelsea F.C. Women and increase the number of women’s matches played at Stamford Bridge.

8. Continue the vital charitable work of the Chelsea Foundation, seeking to use the power of football and sport to motivate, educate and inspire. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12581442/chelsea-sale-ricketts-family-promises-no-european-super-league-diversity-to-be-a-priority-and-stamford-bridge-upgrade-plans

Feeling its already been decided.

Exclusive: Ken Griffin will fly to London with Tom and Laura Ricketts to speak with Chelsea officials this week. Griffin had previously remained in the background #cfc https://t.co/3hmOCL50hY

— Matt Law (@Matt_Law_DT) April 5, 2022

• Upvote 1

More from thr Ricketts camp:

"a statement from Laura Ricketts read: "Obviously, I can’t comment on talks we had with Chelsea officials because that has to remain confidential. But I can say we had very informative and enjoyable meetings with some passionate fan groups – in particular with Tracy Brown from Chelsea Pride and Kerrie Evans from Chelsea Women Supporters Group.

"We also met Sanjay Bhandari, the Chair of Kick It Out, and it was wonderful to hear about all the work he’s doing. We admire their approach and would like to introduce them to Major League Baseball.

"Tracy Brown reminded me of a lot of people I know and have worked with in Chicago – leaders who put themselves out there for their community. She loves Chelsea and wants herself and her community to be acknowledged and to have a voice. We agreed to stay in touch, starting with a Zoom next week with me and the Founder of Out at Wrigley, an annual LGBTQ+ event that the Cubs have hosted at Wrigley Field since 2001.

"I was also thrilled to go to the Chelsea Women’s game at the weekend and I flew in early to make the match. It was a joy to see the incredible athletic talent of the Chelsea Women and to also experience the supporters’ amazing energy at Kingsmeadow.

"Much of my life’s work has been about empowering and supporting women, so to see these young women playing at this level was a real treat for me. It was also so great to see all the families who were at the game. Sport has such power to bring communities together and family is at the heart of the community. Some of the girls there reminded me of my 11-year-old daughter. For young girls to see the Chelsea Women on the pitch can be inspiring and empowering to them

"In recent weeks, we’ve also had several valuable conversations with the Chelsea Supporters’ Trust. I appreciate their passion for Chelsea and the important questions they’ve raised. I look forward to continuing the good conversations we’ve begun.

"We all need to be listening and speaking up, and I feel a particular responsibility because of the position I’m in. We’re not going to be able to persuade all the fans right away that we will be good stewards of Chelsea – we’re going to have to show them with meaningful action if we are successful in our bid. But I can assure all Chelsea fans that it has been my life’s work to fight against discrimination and bigotry of any kind.

"Coming out as an LGBTQ+ woman has influenced my perspective and sensitivity about diversity and inclusion. I can’t know what it’s like to walk in another person’s shoes, but I can begin to understand and have an awareness of their different experience. And that’s a gift. In the position that I’m in, I feel a sense of responsibility to be an advocate. To me, being an advocate means speaking up, and also listening.

"When we assumed responsibility for the Chicago Cubs and its legacy, we immediately realised that teams like the Cubs don’t belong to one person or organisation. They belong to the fans. We’re stewards – and we’re answerable to the fans. That’s how we see it in Chicago – and it would be exactly the same at Chelsea.

"There is such power in sport for community building and to bring diverse people together. At Cubs Charities, we have developed our own sport-based youth development programming that engages young people and families in under-served communities. As the Chair of Cubs Charities, I am proud of our work and the impact it has on so many lives.

"Here, the Chelsea Foundation already makes a significant impact and I would hope we could help build on this.

"We strive to be champions both on and off the field. It’s what makes Chelsea great, and is a tradition we would honour if we were to become the club’s next stewards.""

Stories have emerged suggesting that the UK government have concerns over Ricketts ownership of #CFC, while one rival bidder was reported by The Times to have voiced concerns that the Ricketts group were being given favourable treatment in the bidding process.

- @MarkOgden_

🚨LA Dodgers principle owner Mark Walter joins bid to buy #Chelsea led by Boehly. The addition of Walter, who has a real-time net worth of $4.4bn figures to put the Boehly group on even stronger financial footing. Boehly is regarded as the favorite to purchase Chelsea. (Athletic)

As reported in the US, billionaire Mark Walter has joined the Todd Boehly-led bid to buy Chelsea. Walter and Boehly already run the LA Dodgers baseball team together. New deadline for improved bids is Thursday, April 14 #cfc

— Matt Law (@Matt_Law_DT) April 8, 2022

I was looking at news stories around Tuchel's divorce and his wife launched proceedings in March.

They have children too, daughters though don't know their ages. 

I would expect the wife will want to return to Germany and so would think this or perhaps next season will be Tuchels last at CFC.

I do wonder if this has reduced his ability to focus on CFC as much recently. 

5 hours ago, Waylander said:

I was looking at news stories around Tuchel's divorce and his wife launched proceedings in March.

They have children too, daughters though don't know their ages. 

I would expect the wife will want to return to Germany and so would think this or perhaps next season will be Tuchels last at CFC.

I do wonder if this has reduced his ability to focus on CFC as much recently. 

He would be sacked this season or next anyway. That's how Chelsea roll.

Some much heated debate between Chelsea fans regarding Mount vs Gallagher. Some saying one should start over the other and some being incredibly disrespectful and critical towards other's opinions instead of being grateful we have two club products who could essentially provide us a Lampard vs Gerrard situation. 

Hoping both somehow can player together. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Waylander said:

I could see them both playing together and also not if we go 5-3-2.

It all depends.

I only see both playing if we are needing to suffocate opposition with our press. Which we need to be doing in 70% of our games. 

3-4-1-2, Gallagher partnering Kovacic in the midfield two and Mount at CAM. Gallagher can also play in the front three if needed, and hell, I imagine Tuchel will want to play a 433 as well if we sort out a DM which could have both in midfield. 

Lots of options. 

Edited by Cicero
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Some much heated debate between Chelsea fans regarding Mount vs Gallagher. Some saying one should start over the other and some being incredibly disrespectful and critical towards other's opinions instead of being grateful we have two club products who could essentially provide us a Lampard vs Gerrard situation. 

Hoping both somehow can player together. 

Surely the answer for Tuchel (or any future Chelsea manager) would be to try to get the most out of them. Like what England managers should have done with Gerrard & Lampard if not for the weird obsession with a flat 442 for most of their time as internationals.

I dunno how any Chelsea fan could not like Mount. Sure, I think he's a bit overrated but he's still a very good player for his age and the past few seasons have to be very good experience for him as a young player that's had a lot on his shoulders. He's clearly got something about him that most players don't have at that age imo.

Meanwhile Gallagher just looks an incredibly exciting prospect - a ball of energy with a good eye for a pass/shot. Now that Oxlade-Chamberlain looks on his way out, I'd be quite happy if we managed to end up with Gallagher (it'll never happen, but I'd like it a lot).

Surely you'd want a beast of a DM in and find some way to slot those two in. But then I guess there's less room for players like Kante in the side then.

39 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Surely the answer for Tuchel (or any future Chelsea manager) would be to try to get the most out of them. Like what England managers should have done with Gerrard & Lampard if not for the weird obsession with a flat 442 for most of their time as internationals.

I dunno how any Chelsea fan could not like Mount. Sure, I think he's a bit overrated but he's still a very good player for his age and the past few seasons have to be very good experience for him as a young player that's had a lot on his shoulders. He's clearly got something about him that most players don't have at that age imo.

Meanwhile Gallagher just looks an incredibly exciting prospect - a ball of energy with a good eye for a pass/shot. Now that Oxlade-Chamberlain looks on his way out, I'd be quite happy if we managed to end up with Gallagher (it'll never happen, but I'd like it a lot).

Surely you'd want a beast of a DM in and find some way to slot those two in. But then I guess there's less room for players like Kante in the side then.

Mount is a serial winner. Genuinely. The lad has average 2 cup finals a season, at all levels, since he was 16. He needs to improve his end product for sure, but of the current crop of youth prospects that have broken through over the years, only he and James had that 'no bull shit' attitude you find in natural born winners. It's the very reason why they are now integral members of the team. 

Personally, I'd like to see this next season. If our new owners are looking for the club to becoming self sufficient, we need to be utilising our younger players + experienced ones. 

Mendy

Rudiger Silva Colwill

James Gallagher Kovacic Chilwell

Mount

Havertz Broja

Edited by Cicero

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The lad has average 2 cup finals a season, at all levels, since he was 16. 

Tbh that says something about him, but also the sides he's been in - because no individual can just guarantee making it to the finals. But he's been a part of Chelsea's incredibly good youth sides, a Derby side that probably should have won promotion, and some first team Chelsea sides - other than Derby, I sort of would expect Chelsea (especially their youth teams because you've got one of the best academies in Europe, let alone England) sides to be pretty strong.

Again, I don't think he's a bad player. Far from it, he's a good player and there's obviously something very special about him and the way he carries himself despite being so young, I just think he's a bit overrated (and that's probably because he came through at Chelsea while Lampard was manager so there were a lot of lazy Lampard comparisons... and comparing a kid to a legend like Lampard like that is ultimately going to make people watch him and expect him to be like prime Lampard, which I think is unfair on him).

And I know that's unfair on him, he's still a young player developing and I think Chelsea are right to stick with him as a key player because, as you say, he's got the right attitude you need to be a top level player. And he's got the talent, so time is on his side especially with an attitude like that.

• Upvote 1

On 04/04/2022 at 08:13, Cicero said:

Ricketts promises to Chelsea fans

1. Make no change to the club’s name, badge and crest, or Chelsea blue, without the consent of supporters.

2. Never participate in a European Super League and always protect the integrity and heritage of Chelsea F.C.

3. Commit the resources necessary across all levels of the club to continue winning trophies, including investing in the first team, experienced football leadership and the Academy.

4. Put diversity and inclusion at the heart of the club and fight against any form of discrimination or inequality.

5. Create an Advisory Committee with diverse representation to ensure our decisions are informed by: a former men’s and women’s first team player, members of the CST and Chelsea Pitch Owners, and influential community leaders.

6. Explore every option to redevelop Stamford Bridge and do everything in our power to keep playing in this historic stadium.

7. Match the current commitment to Chelsea F.C. Women and increase the number of women’s matches played at Stamford Bridge.

8. Continue the vital charitable work of the Chelsea Foundation, seeking to use the power of football and sport to motivate, educate and inspire. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/12581442/chelsea-sale-ricketts-family-promises-no-european-super-league-diversity-to-be-a-priority-and-stamford-bridge-upgrade-plans

lmao all lies

1. Commit to winning once, then pull the rug out and use the good favour to turn the team into tourist destination we can use to make money indefinitely.

2. Move all Chelsea games onto Marquee Sports

3. We can’t afford contracts or new players.

4. However, Fulham will be renamed Rickettsham after we buy up all the land and develop it.

Edited by Spike

Breaking: The Ricketts have decided not to submit a final bid. 

Edit:

BREAKING! The Ricketts-led consortium has withdrawn its bid to buy Chelsea, the group has confirmed in a statement.

The Chicago Cubs owners and their partners opted not to submit a final bid for the Blues, with consortium members understood to be unable to agree the final composition of their offer.

- @NickPurewal

Edited by Cicero

From what I've read on the family this sounds like good news for Chelsea. Ignoring the head of the family's outdated religious views, everything I have read about the Chicago Cubs suggests this family will struggle to adapt to a competitive league where the financial rewards between success and failure are astronomical.

On 23/02/2022 at 17:06, The Liquidator said:

So much being banded about in the pubs around Stamford Bridge & inside the ground last night. If just 25% of it turns out to be true we are in for one hell of a summer!

Alas it turns out most of it has proved to be true.

This past Wednesday the buzz was Raine group have a forth option. 👾

Tired of it all, but most of all of the so called Chelsea fans who have less than a decade put in but have the most say n conditions to be met on any new owner.

My hope, if this goes pear shaped, these know nothings disappear as quickly as they appeared with the silverware.