talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

8 minutes ago, adziom said:

Yeah we're actually decent against mid table dross like this United team Ibra aside.

Decent half, spot on tactically but we need to take advantage more on the counter and get a second goal because I don't see us holding on at 1-0 and I don't fancy our chances if United find an equaliser.

If we equalise, it's 1-1 guaranteed. Have you seen us this season? Not one single positive to take from that half, with the exception we're not 2-0 down. Thought the free kick save was fairly routine, the second long range effort save was better.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Lucky bastards. United are genuinely getting worse with every season that passes. What was it 4 years ago Moyes got slated for having matches where United crossed the ball in 30 times a match and couldn't score - how far they've come since then...

Definitely a penalty but is Williams meant to get sent off there? What happened to the double punishment rule? He did clearly try to head it anyway.

Our defence - Joel, Jagielka, Barry, Williams, Gueye - were excellent. Baines, Holgate, Davies, Pennington, Mirallas very good. Barkley and Lukaku were poor. At least half a dozen chances to get a second goal on the counter attack and didn't manage to forge a shot on target between them.

The referee was a joke second half. Every time one of our players got the ball in the last 15 minutes it was a free kick to United, Young didn't even get pulled for a foul for a two footed tackle on Holgate, then when Gueye blatantly fouled Pogba in injury time he gives a goal kick to us?

BT doing themselves proud again tonight, let's watch 30 replays of the offside Ibrahimovic header but not mention the fact that Young went two footed on one player and clattered another in the space of two minutes. Biased cunts.

Would have taken a draw before the match but we should have won that.

Terrible result for Everton considering what occurred.  That had to be a win and it's actually a brilliant result for Man Utd considering how bad they are at playing football right now.  Their coach will obviously say he hasn't got the right players but bloody hell have they spent a hell of a lot of money on what their manager reckons to be mediocrity.

• Subscriber

We made very hard work of that. Thought that was the poorest performance under Shakespeare to date, yet he earned his stripes yet again as the subs made all of the difference. Albrighton and Slimani on on the hour, Albrighton crosses for Slimani to head in after 69 minutes. Albrighton sets up the second.

Far too many off games. Ndidi, Drinkwater and Gray were poor, Mahrez was useless and Okazaki absolute dump.

Sunderland to their credit battled us. They didn't make it easy. But once we found a way through it was game over, as has been the case for us every time we have taken a lead - still yet to drop a point from a winning position.

The second goal sums up why we're staying up and they aren't. Just thirty seconds after they miss a very good chance, we pounce on a slip in midfield from them and make it 2-0. Vardy with another very tidy finish.

Not at our best and still collected a comfortable win in the end. Sign of a good team. Five wins on the bounce in the league.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, 6666 said:

Apparently Sunderland didn't play that bad. Moyes probably sees that result as a bit of a slap in the face...

They weren't bad. I thought they were better than Stoke were put it that way.

It's too little too late though. They're gone barring a miracle.

Sunderland are 8 points away from safety with 6 games to go. Swansea have a hard run in but even with that they're going to need at least 11 points to catch them surely? I know they have came back from the dead a few times but surely this is too much? 

The managerial change and 6 points that we gift them every year haven't happened this time.

• Subscriber

I think it was the year before we were in the league they were something like 8 points from safety with 8 games, including all of the top four to play, and they survived.

They're hopeless now though. Failed to score in 10 of their last 11 games. That's abysmal.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

I read that Lincoln City have beaten more Premier League teams in 2017 than Sunderland.

And yeah I remember that they beat Chelsea away. Madness.

They're level at one each aren't they?

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 15th-17th April 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived