talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

What is the actual point of Diego Costa? He's been gash in 2017. Could be 2 goals up if he actually posed a threat in the box rather than wandering around outside the penalty area when Hazard and Alonso whip their crosses in. Kinell Cesc is posing more of a threat. 

Shambles defensively on our part. Palace have been more than up for it. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Cure said:

He scored a superb goal in the game between Ivory Coast and Russia a week ago. Dribbled past four with ease and slotted it past Akinfeev.

That wasn't as good as what I was hoping. The defenders are no where near him. I thought he had scored a 50 yard screamer from what I had heard.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

We used to on TFF but decided that it would be better if everyone bumped into each other in one single topic, that way people are more inclined to post about games that they wouldn't normally talk about (as an example I wouldn't go into the West Ham and Hull thread but would post about it here if someone put up a video with a world class goal or incident). 

Andy Carroll scored his fiftieth goal in the Premier League this afternoon. More than a million per goal.

12 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

That wasn't as good as what I was hoping. The defenders are no where near him. I thought he had scored a 50 yard screamer from what I had heard.

England could have benefitted from his services. We need a goalscorer like Zaha in the national team despite the presence of Kane. He slipped through. A wasted opportunity to incorporate more talent.

33 minutes ago, adziom said:

Have to say Sky Sports were absolutely pathetic in their post match analysis. Ripping into Koemans comments about being proud of the team, what the fuck do you expect? Him to come out and blast the youngsters for not playing well enough? Took the presenter to mention the fact that Everton were missing up to 5 first team players which the 'experts' failed to mention. It's not an excuse because we were poor but they were talking as if this was the team we play every week.

Also the interviewer has gone into that interview with Koeman trying to get him to say something controversial about anything and trying to get him to sound like bitter lemons, then the one thing he did say about Klopp's antics towards the officials they go and ask the Liverpool manager about that to try and stir shit up. Klopp annoyed me at times today but fair play to him for not getting sucked into it. Well handled by both managers. 

Media are absolutely disgusting cunts at times in this country constantly trying to turn football into a soap opera. There's enough bullshit already without trying to create more.

+1 for that!

couldnt agree more. 

I thought both managers handled the post match interview very well despite blatant wuming from the press. 

Btw, despite the result today... Everton are in good hands with Koeman! Knows exactly what he's doing and a gentleman to boot. 

Last few minutes in the majority of the games in the Premier League. Some exciting games and some rather bland affairs. My favourite goal was scored by Ndidi. Pure class in that strike.

Outside of the league Rotherham have officially been relegated from the Championship whilst Doncaster have been promoted to League One following a goalless draw between Luton and Blackpool.

Costa needs to be benched. Absolute horrid performance once again and has been utterly shite in 2017. Obviously his head is somewhere else. 

Could of played 90 more minutes and I still think we wouldn't of scored. Created so much yet the final ball let us down, and when there was a final ball, no one wanted to be on the end of it. 

Shit happens. It's football. Hope this wakes the players up from being so complacent against a team that's won 3 in a row. 

Fair play Palace. Our players couldn't cope with Zaha

57 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

We used to on TFF but decided that it would be better if everyone bumped into each other in one single topic, that way people are more inclined to post about games that they wouldn't normally talk about (as an example I wouldn't go into the West Ham and Hull thread but would post about it here if someone put up a video with a world class goal or incident). 

Fair enough, I suppose there's pros and cons to either system. I prefer the individual threads personally.

Incredible to lose after a performance like this, absolute steal by Palace. No way they deserved the win, but it happens we cut our lead to 7 going into the midweek game against City. We were also denied a clear penalty when it was 1-2, but won't be looking to find excuses. Time to move on and get back to winning ways midweek. I was just frustrated with all the crossing into the box with zero effect, none of our players tried a long rage shot.

Just now, True Blue said:

Incredible to lose after a performance like this, absolute steal by Palace. No way they deserved the win, but it happens we cut our lead to 7 going into the midweek game against City. We were also denied a clear penalty when it was 1-2, but won't be looking to find excuses. Time to move on and get back to winning ways midweek. I was just frustrated with all the crossing into the box with zero effect, none of our players tried a long rage shot.

Thoughts on Costa? 

9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fuck me we're wank.

Yes. Yes you are. Eighth draw of the season for United at Old Trafford.

How you put up with the shit that is Mourinho is beyond me. Waiting for his next excuse.

11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Thoughts on Costa? 

Think i wrote it awhile back, after the China links he isn't the Costa before January. His head is not in it could be very costly for us if he keeps this up as we don't have a decent back up and Michy isn't rated by Conte. As soon as the season ends cash in on him and bring in a player that wants to be here.

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

City and Spurs as well

I don't think you'll lose both but it's not beyond all realms that it could happen. 

If it did happen then the title is well and truly up for grabs again but it would mean Spurs would have to win all their games and without Kane it's a long shot at best. 

Mane is the real deal. Both his and Coutinho's goals were pure class.

Marco Silva is unbeaten at home for 39 games now. That's two full seasons - one for Sporting Lisbon and another for Olympiacos, plus this short spell at Hull.

In the seasons before that, while managing Estoril, he lost 4 home games in 15. Finally, in his first ever season as a manager, also for Estoril but in Portugal's 2nd division, he lost 1 in 15 at home. Which means that in his whole managing career he lost a total of 5 home games out of 54.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

I don't think you'll lose both but it's not beyond all realms that it could happen. 

If it did happen then the title is well and truly up for grabs again but it would mean Spurs would have to win all their games and without Kane it's a long shot at best. 

Of course everything could still be lost, we are still in pole position but a bad spell could come our way and we could blow it. I was certain Liverpool would win the title a few seasons back but the defeat from Chelsea and draw from Palace and you are out. Could well happen but we should win on wednesday and ease the pressure a bit.

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Of course everything could still be lost, we are still in pole position but a bad spell could come our way and we could blow it. I was certain Liverpool would win the title a few seasons back but the defeat from Chelsea and draw from Palace and you are out. Could well happen but we should win on wednesday and ease the pressure a bit.

Yeah I think you'll win it too but this league is mad and anything can happen!

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 15th-17th April 2017
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived