• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Dan said:

They've still not announced when it is have they?

I've said this for a little while but I've got this sneaky feeling us and Chelsea are going to do a complete role reversal for that fixture.

No they haven't - depends on the Champions League I think

I doubt that.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Storts said:

No they haven't - depends on the Champions League I think

I doubt that.

I looked at the fixtures and don't see a single midweek that we're guaranteed to not be playing before our final game. If we get past Atletico I genuinely have no idea when they'll play it.

• Subscriber
Just now, Dan said:

I looked at the fixtures and don't see a single midweek that we're guaranteed to not be playing before our final game. If we get past Atletico I genuinely have no idea when they'll play it.

I think there is one midweek which is possible - can't remember when it is though 

• Subscriber

I think there is one midweek which is possible - can't remember when it is though 

It'll be our penultimate game. It'll end up being Tuesday 16th or Wednesday 17th May.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dan said:

It'll be our penultimate game. It'll end up being Tuesday 16th or Wednesday 17th May.

Most likely - league will be done by then.

Annoying though, will have to take time off work for it

• Subscriber

Most likely - league will be done by then.

Annoying though, will have to take time off work for it

If it's any consolation we're likely to have absolutely nothing on that game what so ever.

• Administrator

Man City look dead on their feet now. Haven't been able to string a flow of passes this 2nd half for ages. 

Not sure what bringing on Yaya Toure did. He's looked shite. 

• Subscriber

What an excellent weekend of football result for us - gained points on Chelsea, extended our lead on City, Arsenal and United. Shame Liverpool won but we can't have everything

• Subscriber

That game in a nutshell is why English teams aren't all that in Europe anymore. Fine going forward but just shambolic at the back. You can kind of forgive Man City with who they had missing but Arsenal have no excuse. Piss poor organisation.

A bit of this and a bit of that.  Nothing really substantial apart from celebrating not having lost.  Both defences were a total joke and to be honest anything could've occurred in the final result.  What's for sure is neither team are championship quality even at their best this season.

Considering it was 2-2 it wasn't even that good of a game to watch. Pep needs to overhaul that defence completely in the summer, they look good going forward.

Fuck knows what will happen at Arsenal.

• The topic was pinned

I think Chelsea will beat City but if they don't and Spurs win the race is well and truly back on, especially with the Spurs run-in not looking too bad at all.

Hull vs Boro is a massive game, if Hull win that I think Boro are fucked along with Sunderland who will lose yet again.

Would've taken the draw before the game to be honest but we could've nicked the win. Fair result overall.

As for our fans, fucking embarrassing. Hiring a bus, handing out leaflets and throwing punches. These assholes out here thinking it's a Brexit campaign.

Our next three home games (Boro, Watford and Sunderland) are must wins, hopefully Marco Silva can keep his unbeaten home record going a little longer because I can't see us getting many points away from home. 

Seems like Llorente is back for Swansea soon which is bad news for us because they've looked a bit toothless without him. 

The league's lowest scoring team visit the 3rd lowest scoring, bound to be a classic xD Boro aren't a great side but are very strong defensively so I'm not overly optimistic of a good result here despite how well Silva has us playing at home. 

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 15th-17th April 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived