talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Subscriber

Win our game, which I fully expect us to, and we're safe for me.

If we do win it, I would bite the bullet and rest most of them for Everton at the weekend. I'd take a loss there if it gave us a better chance of getting something at Atletico.

Has a team in Premier League history ever lost 5 games in a row and then won 5 games in a row, in a 10 game spell?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need Moses back for this one. Vastly unlucky against Palace at the weekend and I thought we actually played brilliantly, just certain players let us down and Palace's GK felt like being a world beater that day.  Confident we'll get a result here considering City will definitely leave gaps. Cesc must start. No question about it. 

COYB

NVM just seen the post match interview. It's not surprising from him tbf

I still don't understand how you 'deserve' to win even if you fail to outscore your opponent. We played brilliantly against Palace, but we failed to score more than them. You know, the actual point of the game? The team with the most goals wins? Unless there is major controversy, you can play the best footy ever, but if you can't get the ball in the actual net, you deserve fuck all. 

• Subscriber

Mourinho really is a bellend. I've always been torn on whether I find him a tedious arsehole or if I find him quite funny but he really is just embarrassing these days. How can Mourinho have a go at ANYONE for playing defensively? You can forgive Pulis a bit more when you compare the resources he has against what Mourinho has at Man Utd, how can you when you spend what he does?

• Subscriber

Thought Man City should have done better last night if they really had any aspirations of trying to put pressure in the top 4 bracket of the league but it wasn't to be. Sane is going to get a whole load better as a player and he already has the composure it takes to score a goal under pressure as is evident from the first goal he got.

I watched Xhaka play in an international friendly the weekend past and I thought he was rubbish there. Couldn't control or dictate the play and consistently kept causing problems which the other players in the team had to pick up. Now, this is Switzerland which is a whole different setup to Arsenal but yesterday he looked a bit out of sorts too. If they want to be in Europe next season they're going to have to sort out their problems soon because that end of their season is where the real tough games are and I think they could end up losing or drawing them all only based on the fact that some of those teams are playing much better atm.

Same squad for us tomorrow but hopefully a change of system. 

Would probably bring in Barry for Pennington and back to a 4 man defence. 

United will have far too much for us, especially Zlatan returning up against Williams and Jagielka.

20 hours ago, Dan said:

Win our game, which I fully expect us to, and we're safe for me.

If we do win it, I would bite the bullet and rest most of them for Everton at the weekend. I'd take a loss there if it gave us a better chance of getting something at Atletico.

Has a team in Premier League history ever lost 5 games in a row and then won 5 games in a row, in a 10 game spell?

That sounds very much like something Pardew would have done up here although I'm not sure if he did or not.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Toony said:

That sounds very much like something Pardew would have done up here although I'm not sure if he did or not.

Looked it up and even he didn't manage that.

Sunderland could be missing Defoe tomorrow. This all sounds far too good to be true.

• Subscriber

Hope for a reaction tomorrow against United. They're under some pressure again having drawn at home again at the weekend. 6 wins from 15 at home from Mourinho is not impressive. 

That said, we're still vulnerable without Schneiderlin, Lennon, Bolasie, Funes Mori, Coleman and McCarthy... Hopefully we line up with a back four and Barkley in midfield - Robles, Holgate, Jagielka, Williams, Baines, Gueye, Davies, Barkley, Mirallas, Lukaku, Valencia.

I was going to say that United players would be well advised to wear full body armer tonight with them playing the yard dogs but then I remembered.... Everton always roll over and let their feeder club tickle their tummies. 

3-0 United. 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

We've not had to put up with United crippling our players year after year so there's no reason for revenge.

Don't know what you mean about us rolling over either as we've got a really good record against United. Mullered them 3-0 with LVG in charge, beat them twice when they had Moyes and beat them in the FA Cup semi and 1-0 at Goodison on the opening day of the 2013 season. All these results are off the top of my head and we've probably had more good ones.

The 4-4 draw was hardly us rolling over was it? I know you might be fishing but that post above is total nonsense.

What players of yours have we crippled? :rofl:

12 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Luis Suarez changing the speed of his run to snap Mirallas' ankle, Steven Gerrard lunging into Gary Naysmith with two feet while he's lying on the ground and Dirk Kuyt flying into Phil Neville in a foul that luckily didn't catch him properly.

Another incident that didn't cripple anyone but was pathetic was Suarez' rugby tackle on Heitinga in the Wembley cup clash.

We're the animals though, a Liverpool player wouldn't hurt a fly :dam:.

OMG xD You lot have done more than that in the last 2 games ffs :whistling:

But it's nice how you recall things from years ago to justify Everton's thug tactics again! I'm just surprised Klopp didn't employ the same tactics because Stevens ended Beglins career in the eighties :what:

Lets quit the history lessons. This was 2 different teams with 2 different managers and you had a legitimate chance of getting a result (you said it yourself pre-match)... and you well and truly blew it! And when it became apparent that you were getting well beat you resorted to thuggery tactics that you would expect from The White Swan Cloggers in a pub league. 

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

You're missing the point slightly though, I've never once said that we didnt play thuggish I'm taking an objection to the feeling that its only us that's ever done it. It's the Merseyside derby ffs, there's going to be tackles flying in from both sides and over the past few seasons there's evidence of that in both camps.

As for the part about bottling it what can you expect when we've got Mattew Pennington making his first start of the season marking the likes of Mane and Coutinho alongside a young Mason Holgate with Calvert-Lewin up top. I'm not fishing for sympathy because don't get me wrong you played the better football and deserved to win but I have faith that our first win at Anfield since the blitz will come under Koeman.

Since the blitz :rofl:

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

I was going to say that United players would be well advised to wear full body armer tonight with them playing the yard dogs but then I remembered.... Everton always roll over and let their feeder club tickle their tummies. 

3-0 United. 

Arsene? 

Chelsea fluked a win against us last time, we dominated them start to finish and was centimeters away from scoring 7 goals   ...Bravo had a howler but he's been dropped so can only see a City win which will let Spurs get a foot in the door   ...2nd thought's, i hope we have an off day and lose :$

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fuck off Everton. Bottle job cunts. Back out of the cave now they're not playing Liverpool. Fumes me.

Yeah we're actually decent against mid table dross like this United team Ibra aside.

Decent half, spot on tactically but we need to take advantage more on the counter and get a second goal because I don't see us holding on at 1-0 and I don't fancy our chances if United find an equaliser.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 15th-17th April 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived