talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

The amount of goals Lukaku and Kane have scored in the Premier League for their age is phenomenal. 78 and 68 respectively. 

Wonder how many other players have been that prolific in this league by that age.

They are both in the top 10 for "most Premier League goals before 23rd birthday" but that list is slightly out of date I think. Lukaku was 4th with 60 and Kane joint 6th with 47. Fowler (93), Owen (91) and Rooney (71) ahead of them.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Aguero scores - have to say I feel for Sunderland sometimes, they always seem to look not that bad but never seem to play against teams that aren't playing well. I still hope they don't get relegated as while I don't have much love for Moyes, he's still a good manager in a difficult job who is better than having his reputation shattered by unsuccessful spells at United and Sunderland in difficult circumstances.

• Administrator

Linesman has had a mare there. When Aguero played the ball Silva was miles onside. Sterling was off but never made any intention to go to the ball or play it.

Niall Quinn said it was a tight call. Dickhead.xD 

1 minute ago, StanLCFC said:

Linesman has had a mare there. When Aguero played the ball Silva was miles onside. Sterling was off but never made any intention to go to the ball or play it.

Niall Quinn said it was a tight call. Dickhead.xD 

I can only think the lino thought Sterling touched it  ..when are we going to get video refs??? :(

This is where offside is all about interpretation though. If Sterling is offside running and taking players with him (and the ball is played into a general area around him), the linesman deems him to be effecting play. Same with that Southampton goal in the cup final. If you're offside when a ball is played and the keeper or defender has to account for you, for me it's active.

• Subscriber

I keep saying it but the fundamental flaw is that the officials jobs are simply too much. How on earth can you expect a linesman to judge not only if someone is onside or offside, but how much they were influencing play, in a split second?

I do think the standard has dropped but it really is time something was done to make the job easier. It's a farce at the minute and I'd like to hear proper reasons for why nothing gets changed.

• Administrator

Sunderland made that way too easy for Man City. Away side strolled to victory and Sunderland never ever looked like giving Man City any kind of threat.

Can't believe we lost to Sunderland 9_9

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Dan said:

I keep saying it but the fundamental flaw is that the officials jobs are simply too much. How on earth can you expect a linesman to judge not only if someone is onside or offside, but how much they were influencing play, in a split second?

I do think the standard has dropped but it really is time something was done to make the job easier. It's a farce at the minute and I'd like to hear proper reasons for why nothing gets changed.

That's a good point to be fair, it can be difficult to keep up with the game. However, then you look at some of the organisations like UEFA putting in two extra officials which is a good idea but the way it's implemented is a joke because those officials never actually do anything to help the referee make decisions.

Maybe something like having a referee in each half of the pitch is a potential answer or they could just find a way to implement video refereeing but given how shambolic football's organising bodies can be I'm not holding my breath.

36 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Just going to have to get 3 points against West Ham. 

Shouldnt be asking any clubs to do us any favors. 

West Ham are a shambles, easy win  ..the pressure will be on when we beat you at the bridge ;)

This is a day late but just wanted to give my two cents on the game yesterday. Probably the most heartless and the most pathetic performance I have ever seen from an Arsenal team first half. We had zero threat going forward and we was cut to pieces by Liverpool's front four. Honestly looks like the players have completely given up on Wenger now, the team was defeated before a ball was even kicked. One of Wenger's last decent qualities was his man management and now that seems to have gone. To drop Sanchez to the bench was terrible mis-management and it's no surprise we flourished in the second half when he was brought on. It's come out that apparently he has had a massive row with Wenger and that was the reason he was dropped because he was 'disrespectful'. I for one applaud Sanchez for actually having a go because he has every right to and it's about time our players stopped being nicey nice arse-licks.

Ozil missing out is again another weird one, apparently he had the flu but was out bowling with the rest of the team on Thursday night? I think him and Alexis are both gone this summer and I honestly don't blame them. They are both completely wasting their time here. 

Anyway I hope the is the final nail in the coffin for Wenger he has to go. There is just nothing good about him anymore and it's just sad to see him go this way. He needs to come out and clarify his future because he has the club in a chokehold right now.

Finally, congrats to Liverpool on a very deserved win. Sadio Mane was blinding, he has  absolute superstar potential. If he carries on this way I can see the big two in Spain sniffing soon.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, adziom said:

That's a good point to be fair, it can be difficult to keep up with the game. However, then you look at some of the organisations like UEFA putting in two extra officials which is a good idea but the way it's implemented is a joke because those officials never actually do anything to help the referee make decisions.

Maybe something like having a referee in each half of the pitch is a potential answer or they could just find a way to implement video refereeing but given how shambolic football's organising bodies can be I'm not holding my breath.

Again I think the problems run deeper. Do people not have massive concerns at the fact there have been instances where an incident is shown to a panel of referees and the referees themselves actually disagree with each other after replays?

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

West Ham are a shambles, easy win  ..the pressure will be on when we beat you at the bridge ;)

Should be a cracker. Bet Costa has missed playing against Otamendi and Stones. 

• Administrator
47 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

why did you lock this topic xD 

Didn't think there was much point having it open ... but fair point, looks odd xD

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 15th-17th April 2017
  • The topic was unlocked
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was featured
  • The topic was locked

Archived