talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Incredible isn't it? Beat the the big teams lose to the dross, it's the Liverpool way.

It's got to be a tactical issue?!  

Against the best teams in the league we are all over them everywhere on the pitch, intense pressure with players flooding forward. 

Against the lesser clubs though it's like the players have all had a spliff 5 minutes before kick off. We look slow and lethargic with absolute no clue how to break them down. Our passes become sloppy and we have absolutely no outlet. 

Klopp needs to sort this out because great managers don't consistently lose to clubs who are well below them both in terms of stature and resources. 

Sick of saying the same things over and over again. Honest to god, being a Liverpool fan is like ....

IMG_1850.JPG

• Administrator

Liverpool aren't even close in this game. Not even close to their best let alone matching Burnley today.

Don't think they've had a shot on goal, or any kind of shot?!

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's got to be a tactical issue?!  

Against the best teams in the league we are all over them everywhere on the pitch, intense pressure with players flooding forward. 

Against the lesser clubs though it's like the players have all had a spliff 5 minutes before kick off. We look slow and lethargic with absolute no clue how to break them down. Our passes become sloppy and we have absolutely no outlet. 

Klopp needs to sort this out because great managers don't consistently lose to clubs who are well below them both in terms of stature and resources. 

Sick of saying the same things over and over again. Honest to god, being a Liverpool fan is like ....

IMG_1850.JPG

I'm convinced it's mentality. If it's as simple as setting up like a bottom half club does against you just to beat you then I don't know why the top teams wouldn't do it.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'm convinced it's mentality. If it's as simple as setting up like a bottom half club does against you just to beat you then I don't know why the top teams wouldn't do it.

Using this game for example.. Emre Can moved between our CB's effectively making 3 at the back but it also left us with absolutely nobody covering between the lines! A massive gap was created for them to take advantage of between our defence and midfield... that's a tactical error, not mentality. 

22 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Got away with it today but I'll say again that our tactics against the clubs we should be beating comfortably are way off the mark.

3 points though and at this stage of the season it's all that matters.  

Agree with all of that.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator

pl.PNG

Huge games at the bottom at Palace, Bournemouth and Sunderland. 

Palace can drag Watford in to the relegation fight if they beat them. Sunderland will see their game at home to Burnley as must-win, especially considering the away side haven't won all season. And a Swansea win at Bournemouth would make the home side a bit nervous and looking over their shoulders.

The big game at the top is Man City vs Liverpool on the Sunday. They'll both be hoping Spurs drop points at home to Southampton to then fight it out to end the weekend in 2nd. 

I don't know what to say.  The three points are important obviously,  but we got away with it today.  That won't happen in 8/10 cases when we play like that.  Well beat city next weekend,  we'll bear Everton,  but then we'll lose to whichever 'smaller team we face.  Its boringly predictable.  

• Subscriber

I reckon we will draw 1-1 but be the better side.

Still a bit of an unknown quantity really. Shakespeare's yet to take charge of an away game.

I'd go there and attack them. They're absolutely awful at the back and I don't know if it's the effect of the ground itself kidding me here but their pitch seems to be massive. That suits players like Vardy.

Nice going to an away game and having some hope that the game isn't dead before it's started.

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Harry said:

I like the single thread approach. Is that the M.O going forward?

Yep, for the time being at least. It reduces overhead creating endless threads.

• Subscriber
On 3/12/2017 at 11:26 PM, LFCMadLad said:

Got away with it today but I'll say again that our tactics against the clubs we should be beating comfortably are way off the mark.

3 points though and at this stage of the season it's all that matters.  

Its the mentality and tactics together. I don't see how or why our manager thinks its okay to play this pass the ball around nonsense when clearly in the first half of the season absolute attack battering saw us produce far better results than what we've seen lately. I half expected us to lose it and the worst part is that I am almost of the mind now that its okay to lose against these kinds of teams because its becoming common place from what used to be a joke. Having said that we're going to have a good next few games and perhaps some solidifying of a top four spot. 

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Harry said:

I like the single thread approach. Is that the M.O going forward?

1 hour ago, Batard said:

Yep, for the time being at least. It reduces overhead creating endless threads.

happy for it to continue.

so many times on TFF there would be individual match threads with a big fat zero for replies.

• Subscriber

Much better method imo - one big match thread for all the weekend games. Conversation flows better this way too.

Big weekend at the top imo too. Chelsea and Arsenal have as tricky away games as possible outside the top 6. United should have no problems at Boro. One of, or both, City and Liverpool dropping points. We really have to keep our run of home wins going, but no Kane is really depressing.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Storts said:

Much better method imo - one big match thread for all the weekend games. Conversation flows better this way too.

Big weekend at the top imo too. Chelsea and Arsenal have as tricky away games as possible outside the top 6. United should have no problems at Boro. One of, or both, City and Liverpool dropping points. We really have to keep our run of home wins going, but no Kane is really depressing.

It was used on a previous forum I frequented back in the day, always much more active than indivudual game threads. Happy to see it's proving popular. 

By the way you still owe me a hug 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Batard said:

It was used on a previous forum I frequented back in the day, always much more active than indivudual game threads. Happy to see it's proving popular. 

By the way you still owe me a hug 

I'll give you more than that you beautiful man. Once the edit button is sorted out >:( Until then I can't offer my services

Massive game for us. This is the type of game you need to pick up maximum points from when you're lurking in 17th.

Im takeing the missus along for her first Palace game. It's taken over a year to find a time when we're going in to a game in good form and I'm confident of a win.

• Administrator
4 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Massive game for us. This is the type of game you need to pick up maximum points from when you're lurking in 17th.

Im takeing the missus along for her first Palace game. It's taken over a year to find a time when we're going in to a game in good form and I'm confident of a win.

2-0 win for Watford then :ph34r: 

• Subscriber
On 3/14/2017 at 10:16 AM, True Blue said:

Stoke is always a tricky away game for us, we lost last two out of three seasons there. Stoke in solid form and we are in meh form, we get the results but we aren't really setting the world on fire.   

You'll win at Stoke. I'm convinced it's nowhere near as hard to go as it was once upon a time. They can turn it on every now and then but they quite regularly get soundly turned over there.

They could well finish 9th for the fourth year running.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 15th-17th April 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was featured
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived