talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cahill from zero to hero, well repaid himself with the winning goal. Felt Stoke deserved nothing from this game, apart from terrible challenges they contributed to nothing. We had a very slow second half and After Alonso hit the post we created several chances to score, even after 1-2 we had at least two clear chances to score. All in all deserved and we go 13 clear for the moment. Also Loftus was very good in his 10 minute cameo, think Conte saw promising stuff from him.

• Subscriber

A good win for us in the end. Great to see the love between Lukaku and the fans at the start and after his second goal. Overall the performance was average but I thought Davies was very impressive again, my man of the match. Valencia with a very good contribution off the bench too.

If Hull play like that for the rest of the season and Niasse can get them a few more goals they have a good chance to stay up in my opinion.

Hopefully Middlesbrough can get something against United tomorrow as while 5th/6th/7th will all end up being Europa league spots now, it would be a big bonus if we can cause an upset and finish ahead of United and/or Arsenal. We have tough fixtures left though and I'll be surprised if we can manage it.

There's something intensely satisfying about seeing Arsenal in freefall. I'm really enjoying the meltdown across the entire fanbase. Spoiled for years, now they just don't know what to do when some non-elite upstart club like West Brom has the audacity to come and give them a hiding.

It's wonderful. :banana:

Bit limp from us I thought, 4-5-1 and frustration tactics are okay but don't carved open so easily as we did for the first goal. After that we did okay, never really threatened apart from one great chance to equalise which went in the side netting, Hernandez is wasted as a lone man up front. Then the red card, which I thought was harsh, I was in the Everton end so couldn't really voice it but I think the crowd reaction may have played a part. Then we collapsed late on, Valencia's was a nice goal but Lukaku's brace were preventable.

Rannochia looks a player, he was very commanding at centre back and clearly could go up a level from us. I fear we've left it too late now, we need to pick up points away.

Another solid home win. Quite enjoyable these home games under Koeman, not pretty at times but effective and clinical. 

Hull were more adventurous than West Brom last week so a different problem, they at least had a go and put us on the back foot.

Spot on about the crowd putting pressure on the red decision, didn't think it was from my view. 

Gana back at his best in there but unfortunate Schneiderlin went off. Got to hope he makes it in time for the Derby cos Barry isn't the answer any more. 

I'm happy for  Stan &  Dan that Leicester are likely going to be safe now,  but I have pure unfiltered hatred for every single one of those disgusting bastards that pull on that shirt. Tactics get you so far,  but desire gets you over the line.  How they were quite happy to throw Ranieri under the bus like they did, after he won some of those cunts the only silverware that they'll ever see.... Well that makes me genuinely say and leaves a massive mark on their achievements last year for me personally. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, FOYM said:

I'm happy for  Stan &  Dan that Leicester are likely going to be safe now,  but I have pure unfiltered hatred for every single one of those disgusting bastards that pull on that shirt. Tactics get you so far,  but desire gets you over the line.  How they were quite happy to throw Ranieri under the bus like they did, after he won some of those cunts the only silverware that they'll ever see.... Well that makes me genuinely say and leaves a massive mark on their achievements last year for me personally. 

what about if it was Ranieri that was the problem? After all, it wasn't just Ranieri that won us the league last season. Yes obviously he helped, but it says a lot that he starts changing things in summer/start of this season, we turn to shit. Then he goes and Shakespeare gets us playing back to how we used to be and how the players like playing (something Ranieri seemed to take away from us).

I'm not having it at all that it's only the players that get the brunt of all the shit. Fuck that. they didn't throw Ranieri under the bus. If anything he helped himself in to the road in front of the bus. 

Anyway, I'm fucking delighted we've finally got our first away win of the season in the league under our belts. 4th win for Shakespeare (who seems to be going criminally unnoticed in his achievements). Funny how he gets no credit for the great escape, winning the league last season, and getting back to winning ways after Ranieri left ¬¬). He knows the players strengths, gets them playing how they want to and 4 wins out of 4 in his tenure shows that he knows what he's doing. 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, FOYM said:

Where does this come from? They won it for him as much as he won it for them. It's massively patronising to them as players to claim otherwise and the last four results kind of prove he alone wasn't the reason.

Another good win for us. Another record falls courtesy of Leicester - first PL manager to get 3 goals in each of his first 3 games. I thought we did get away with it at times today but our quick start paid dividends again. Was laughing my head off at 0-2, thought we were going to absolutely slaughter them.

We could very easily have thrown it to be fair. I don't think we played quite as well as the other games under Shakespeare, but I suppose we have just come off the back of a physically draining game against Sevilla and I think it showed towards the end.

I'll be amazed if we go down from here now. We're bang in form. With Stoke & Sunderland at home as our next two I'm actually looking at a very realistic possibility of five wins on the bounce. Has a team ever lost five in a row then won five in a row?

Think that's the last time I'll bother with West Ham away as well. It's absolutely awful. Such a shame after how good a trip Upton Park was. The place just doesn't have a jot of footballing character about it. Utter rubbish. Can see why their fans are down about it. I'm disappointed to lose one away game a season there, imagine losing half of your games.

• Administrator

big shout out for Kasper as well. Kept us in the lead right at the end with a brilliant save from Lanzini's free-kick and from Carroll as well. So glad we have him to call upon. Has won us so many points over the years.

Whilst we're  giving big shout outs let's give a big shout for Leicester City. Because theyre doing so well at the moment nobody has noticed there is another shit club on the bounce that have won three games in a row and miraculously kept three clean sheets with Wayne Hennessey in goal. The squad is doing so well without the pressure.

Or maybe this shout out is for Sakho.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Whilst we're  giving big shout outs let's give a big shout for Leicester City. Because theyre doing so well at the moment nobody has noticed there is another shit club on the bounce that have won three games in a row and miraculously kept three clean sheets with Wayne Hennessey in goal. The squad is doing so well without the pressure.

xD fair play. both picked up 9 from 9 and 3 clean sheets in a row at this time of the season should not be ignored, you're right!

3 and 5 points respectively from top half of the league. Who'd have thought xD?! 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Bloody snakes those Palace players not doing it under Pardew

26 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

How I wish Klopp would forgive Sakho and give him another chance at the back, He's quality and if we had him in the team this season I think our defensive record would be much better. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Aaroncpfc said:

Well Benteke is worse than before.

I always thought you would get out of it. Allardyce didn't start particularly well at Sunderland either but he got their act together with some clever buys in January and they eventually started getting the results. I'd imagine both of us will pull away and our game in April won't actually be as big as it was shaping up to be.

3 hours ago, FOYM said:

Same with Rodgers

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 15th-17th April 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was featured
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived