• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dickie said:

Lallana should probably pay this weeks wages back to liverpool

He's quality and was good again today apart from the miss. 

Klopp said this after the game ..“Obviously he is one of the best, if not the best player technical wise I’ve ever worked with".

Thats high praise indeed from a manager of Klopps calibre. 

52 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

He's quality and was good again today apart from the miss. 

Klopp said this after the game ..“Obviously he is one of the best, if not the best player technical wise I’ve ever worked with".

Thats high praise indeed from a manager of Klopps calibre. 

I'll take Gotze or Lewandowski over him...

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

I don't get why everyone is so emotionally attached with Ranieri. He was fucking useless at the end and was sending the team down. It's pretty clear he was obviously a masssive problem when you look at Leicester's upturn in form.

Reminds me a lot of Wenger, but we just pussyfoot around him instead of actually progressing.

I do wonder if people would've warmed to the whole 'story' with us if the manager was someone like Pearson himself. Someone a lot less liked publicly. I think a lot of it was that Ranieri was like the grandfather figure masterminding everything and the possibility that he had become a problem was unfathomable.

It's hard convincing people who haven't watched us but he walked into a cracking set up here. Granted not one you'd have backed to win a title, but still a good one. The form team of the country who were about to sign a world class midfielder. That ain't half bad really.

We have such a bright future as long as we can iron out the wrinkles.  Players like Coutin ho,  Firmino,  Mane,  Lallana, Gini,  Can so much potential),  Origi (even more potential) Matip,  Clyne.... So many fucking class players there,  we just need an injection of three top quality starters and maybe three squad players.  

Excellent performance,  and considering how good city were in parts,  I'm happy with a point.  Bit gutted at the Lallana miss,  but it happens I suppose. 

3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Fucking hell. Lingard deserves to be castrated for that goal celebration. Pogba and him are more embarrassing than United's brand of football. 

To be fair, he always celebrates like an absolute twat. This is normal.

21 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Emre Can had really good game, for a change. Probably our best performer in this game along with Matip and Mane.

This was by far his best game of the season. He was much better behind Wijnaldum and Lallana in a bit more simpler role. He's very good at the "behind the scenes" stuff - breaking up play, getting stuck in, shit like that. And when he did burst forward, it was much more effective than when he's going box to box. It was a simpler, yet much more effective performance from him. Which is good to see, because he always works hard... and he's certainly got the potential. But he needs to show he can have the consistency to be a starter.

22 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This was by far his best game of the season. He was much better behind Wijnaldum and Lallana in a bit more simpler role. He's very good at the "behind the scenes" stuff - breaking up play, getting stuck in, shit like that. And when he did burst forward, it was much more effective than when he's going box to box. It was a simpler, yet much more effective performance from him. Which is good to see, because he always works hard... and he's certainly got the potential. But he needs to show he can have the consistency to be a starter.

Yeah he was excellent yesterday. As you say he needs to show that he can put in performances like yesterday on a regular basis. I hope yesterday isn't a one off and he starts doing it in games against the lesser sides who make up the majority of our remaining fixtures

Klopp (and Can himself) have just come out and admitted that he was previously playing with a persistent calf injury that has really been hampering his game. This has apparently been ongoing all season but, in Klopps own words, we've simply not had the depth to enable him to rest it properly. 

This would explain why he sometimes seems slow off the mark and on the half turn but it's cleared up now so hopefully we'll see more performances like yesterday on a regular basis. 

I said it before and I stand by it... We shouldn't be selling Can in the summer like some people suggested because we need to improve our squad depth if we want to be competitive and even if Can shouldn't be a guaranteed starter, he's certainly a very good option to have in certain games, especially in ones like yesterday where he was excellent. 

18 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Think you've just got to see how he does between now and the end of the season and whether he deserves a new contract or whether we should cash in with him only having a year remaining.

We'll not get his full value anyway with him only having a year left. Unless he's asking for absolute stupid money then I'd definitely keep him. If, on the other hand, he's demanding ridiculous amounts then yeah, wish him farewell. 

I think he is also asking for a bigger role or some kind of reassurances. He needs to earn his place, with consistency. His competitors -- Gini, Hendo and Lallana have been more consistent and deserve to start ahead of him. But Hendo's injury problems means he has a chance. Now he needs to grab those opportunities.

• Subscriber
17 hours ago, Machado said:

Good stuff between the 4th and 10th minute.

I like that he explained his philosophy (not like he needed to everyone knows it) and the part about how his defensive setup primarily also relied heavily on creating chances versus stopping players. Think they are slowly getting a lot better and hes learning the game. This summer you'll see them bolster specific positions and they'll be better for it next year.

• The topic was unpinned

Well if Everton want to record their first win at Anfield since 99 then they'll not get a better chance than this:

Lovren - Out

Henderson - Out

Lallana - Out

Coutinho & Firmino - Return from the other side of the world on Thursday night with barely a light training session to prepare a day before the game. 

We'll still have too much for the shite!

3-1

football forum
6 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We'll still have too much for the shite!

3-1

Wouldn't be a derby without the arrogance from the Reds eh? 

We'll bottle it as we always do, 2-0 to Liverpool and the inevitable ''April Fools'' headlines to come out in the papers afterwards.

2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Wouldn't be a derby without the arrogance from the Reds eh? 

We'll bottle it as we always do, 2-0 to Liverpool and the inevitable ''April Fools'' headlines to come out in the papers afterwards.

Nah mate, was just joking. 

The way you lot are playing compared to our sketchy form and with us having key players out or returning from Mars, I'd expect you to turn us over and you probably will. 

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 15th-17th April 2017
  • The topic was featured
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived