• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Going to take something incredible catastrophic for us to not win it now. incredible work Conte has done, despite the lot writing us off.

Happy Terry will lift his 5th before he calls it quits. 

He won't have played enough games to get a medal unless you start playing him now.

It will be typical John Terry to turn up and lift the trophy he doesn't qualify for lifting, bet he's in full kit as well :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

He won't have played enough games to get a medal unless you start playing him now.

It will be typical John Terry to turn up and lift the trophy he doesn't qualify for lifting, bet he's in full kit as well :ph34r:

With Terry there will always be the exemption request, and if we win the league by April, he'll have enough time to fit the games in for a request to not even be needed. 

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

How many games do you need to have played to qualify for a medal? I've always had 9 in my head for some reason but I'm sure I've read 5 somewhere too

It's 5 league appearances. But the club can request exemptions for certain players. 

We did with Schurlle who left us in January of 2015. Requested he got a medal for his contributions. 

• Administrator

I thought it was 10 xD.

27 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Going to take something incredible catastrophic for us to not win it now. incredible work Conte has done, despite the lot writing us off.

Happy Terry will lift his 5th before he calls it quits. 

who wrote you off??

8 minutes ago, Cicero said:

It's 5 league appearances. But the club can request exemptions for certain players. 

We did with Schurlle who left us in January of 2015. Requested he got a medal for his contributions. 

Schurrle played 14 league games in the 2014/15 season. Wasn't he given the medal by Jose as a gesture as he helped out the team to the title?

8 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

I thought it was 10 xD.

who wrote you off??

It's 5 last time I heard. And not naming anyone specific but there was a vast majority that  didn't even have us finish inside the top 4 before the season began. All about the Manc Clubs. 

8 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Schurrle played 14 league games in the 2014/15 season. Wasn't he given the medal by Jose as a gesture as he helped out the team to the title?

That was my point mate. We requested for him to receive one even though he left in January. 

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

It's 5 last time I heard. And not naming anyone specific but there was a vast majority that  didn't even have us finish inside the top 4 before the season began. All about the Manc Clubs. 

That was my point mate. We requested for him to receive one even though he left in January. 

you signed Kante. you were always going to win the league :D 

Henderson and (obviously) Sturridge are out for us but the interesting one for me is Firmino, who is listed as 'doubtful'. I wouldn't mind at all if he were to miss out as well. He's a good player but I don't think he contributes anywhere near enough against the more defensive teams so I'd like to see what we can do with someone like Origi instead.

1 hour ago, Burning Gold said:

Henderson and (obviously) Sturridge are out for us but the interesting one for me is Firmino, who is listed as 'doubtful'. I wouldn't mind at all if he were to miss out as well. He's a good player but I don't think he contributes anywhere near enough against the more defensive teams so I'd like to see what we can do with someone like Origi instead.

Yeah I was thinking the same about Firmino before I heard that he was doubtful. Definitely need to try something different.

I'm only half watching this Hull Swansea game but Swansea are dominating and it looks like only a matter of time before they score, and that's a shame because this is almost a must win for Hull. The gap is growing every week.

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 15th-17th April 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was featured
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived