talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

Are West Brom done for the season? Lost 2-0 at home to Palace last week, now they're 2-0 down at half time. Happy with their 40 points? I might be speaking a bit too soon, it's only two games, but I'll be keeping an eye on them because I might be able to make money betting against them every weekend. xD

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, StanLCFC said:

Hull goal! Did not expect that. 

N'Diaye with the goal.

Niasse with the goal.

They didn't start well but they improved towards the end of the first half and have been good in the second.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, ...Dan said:

There go my Ranocchia dream team points.

Jakupovic for me but did have Sigurdsson for the assist.

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Bad news at the Vitality, we need Bournemouth to be dragged into it.

Same. Would have preferred West Ham to win that one.

Questioned the starting team with Barry and Jagielka coming in but both done well. Possibly would have been a different story if Rondon had played instead of HRK for Jagielka, though. 

Fairly comfortable in the end despite the opening 30 or so being scrappy. Apart from a few long hits from Chadli we were fine.  

Barkley continues to step up. Must be given a long term contract soon. 

A good, very comfortable win against a side we have struggled with in the past. On the down side, for the first half-an-hour i was thinking 'here we go again, another bore-draw'; they weren't doing much (other than time wasting) but neither were we. That's the impatience in me, but slow starts wind me up no end. Hence relief when we cut the chance and took it well on 39 mins (could the keeper have parried the initial shot anywhere else other than straight in front of Mirallas?) From that point on we totally dominated. 

Morgan looked happy with his first Everton goal and so he should be! Lukaku's header was so cleanly taken (bad defending?) set up by Ross...

...which leads me to give my opinion on Barkley's game today. That's probably the best performance i've ever seen from him. Tricky as fook, i found myself thinking if i was playing against Everton and the boss said 'right lad, you're on Barkley today, don't let him do anything' then i'd be like 'FFS!'. Seems like he made tight situations just go away (i.e. 3 players round him yet still twists and turns and comes away with the ball) and that performance alone justified the big contract coming his way soon. Man of the match by far for me today. He's certainly had his wobbles in form in the past, but maybe Koeman has his confidence flowing and this is what we have to look forward to?

• The title was changed to Matchday Chat - 15th-17th April 2017
  • The topic was unpinned
  • The topic was featured
  • The topic was pinned
  • The topic was locked

Archived