talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Matchday Chat - 2016/17 season archive

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Palace's run in is irrelevant. They won at Chelsea when Chelsea looked untouchable. Their record against the top sides lately is remarkable.

Same old from Liverpool.

2 hours ago, StefBWFC said:

Sam Allardyce still trolling the big sides. I have absolutely zero interest in the Premier League at the moment, but this pleases me greatly. Good lad.

Genuine question (mostly towards @Aaroncpfc), but are Sam's tactics still as... 'divisive' as they were when he was at Bolton?

As I said a few weeks ago I feel he has came on a lot as a manager, his playing style is not what it used to be. Had he not been appointed England manager Sunderland would be where Palace are now and had he started the season at Palace they'd be top ten I reckon.

Can't blame people from associating Allardyce with boring, physical, negative brand of football. But to be fair to that fat bastard, he did play some flashy football in his final years at Bolton, especially when he had the likes of Djorkaeff and Okocha (my personal favourite) at his disposal.

@topic

Lovren had a stinker, but the teams collectively failed as a unit. We need more players like Mane, who are quick and direct. Without them, we look utterly clueless against the smaller sides.

On a side note, I am really glad to see Martin Kelly doing well.

• Subscriber

Big game tonight for Chelsea at home to Southampton. I think they'll have the mental edge over Tottenham again after the weekend but if they were to cock this up, I think Spurs would get their hopes up again.

If Chelsea are going to drop points in any of their home games, you would expect this to be the one as Southampton can be tricky. Watford look well on the beach away from home and the others are against the bottom two.

Well I imagine Liverpool must not be happy about that. They knew to the threat of Benteke better than anybody because they sold him to us. Yet they let us cross the ball to him more than the sides in the relegation battle did. That's the second game at Anfield against us where I thought Klopp has been tactically naive by not considering our strengths.

From a Palace perspective I was obviously very happy. We look fitter and even without Sakho the defenders seem a lot more confident to throw themselves in the way of danger. I think that's down to Big Sam and the coaching ataff. I'm not expecting anything against Tottenham after this but with Burnley and Hull at home I think we can look up rather than down.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Well I imagine Liverpool must not be happy about that. They knew to the threat of Benteke better than anybody because they sold him to us. Yet they let us cross the ball to him more than the sides in the relegation battle did. That's the second game at Anfield against us where I thought Klopp has been tactically naive by not considering our strengths.

From a Palace perspective I was obviously very happy. We look fitter and even without Sakho the defenders seem a lot more confident to throw themselves in the way of danger. I think that's down to Big Sam and the coaching ataff. I'm not expecting anything against Tottenham after this but with Burnley and Hull at home I think we can look up rather than down.

I think the plan was to stop Zaha but I have to say that the players who impressed me the most on the day were Townsend, Benteke and Cabaye. While we were busy shutting down Zaha they were holding the ball and just trying to keep the team up. Its unfortunate that our defense went to sleep for the Benteke goal (second) but thats what you get for not learning to be more firmer in clearing balls from the box. Can't blame Robbie for fluffing his clearance but I think he could have done much better there and his reaction after the fact says it all.

I also wouldn't put it past you'll to trouble Tottenham as well considering your defensive line is looking a lot more robust and at this point in the season that counts for much more than just scoring goals.

• Administrator

equaliser for Southampton. Poorly defender corner finds its way to Gabbiadini who sends it back across goal. Deflected to Romeu who had a very easy finish. 1-1. 

As a neutral I want Chelsea to drop points tonight and Spurs to win tomorrow - that would set the cat amongst the pigeons in the title race.

I think Palace will get something tomorrow though.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Flukiest goal I've ever seen

nah seen much worse. Romeu had time to kick it in rather than bounce off him.

This one is fluky..

• Administrator

Gary Cahill scores on the stroke of half-time! 2-1!.

Kante crosses in to the box, Alonso wins the header. Cahill gets his head to it and just gets in front of Costa who was attempting an over-head kick.

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Fucking hell glad that went in. Thought this would be another Palace incident. Creating so much but couldn't put it in the back of the net. 

@Stan @Cannabis One of you needs to change ur avatar. Keep thinking ur the same person!

I am the same person. 

Archived