talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 2-5 Leicester City - Sunday 27th September, 2020

football forum

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

How can you be lucky but score 5 xD

This wasn't a 1-0 shithouse win @Dan would jizz over in an FM game. Man City didn't even have that many other chances?

Rodri is bitter. Not seen Pep's comments but imagine he's just as sour. 

Scoring five times takes a lot more luck than what you'd need to score only one goal. Just goes to show how lucky they were really.

Did you watch Bayern's 8-0 over Schalke? Luckiest victory ever.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We deserved to win. Course we did. They were crap throughout the game. Even when 1-0 down and we were in Scunthorpe defensive mode they didn't exactly pepper our goal. I slaughtered the negativity but in fairness they couldn't find any ways through it. They got two goals from corners.

They had no answer to us on the break what so ever. Reminds me of the first time Guardiola ever met Vardy and he had no answer then either.

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

BBC based in Salford and most of Tory England (including Leicester) are worrying that Liverpool might win it again. Hopefully Everton, because that will reveal the real hatred of Liverpool that it was always about.

Remember when English people tried to get the league cancelled because Liverpool were 22 points clear? Unbelievable.

Funnily enough I think that would prove the opposite. I don't sense any serious disliking of Everton at all here.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

We deserved to win. Course we did. They were crap throughout the game. Even when 1-0 down and we were in Scunthorpe defensive mode they didn't exactly pepper our goal. I slaughtered the negativity but in fairness they couldn't find any ways through it. They got two goals from corners.

They had no answer to us on the break what so ever. Reminds me of the first time Guardiola ever met Vardy and he had no answer then either.

Some more confidence is due. This year will be a leveller because there are so many games. You may not be the best side on paper but you can definitely get yourselves amongst it. Liverpool look the early favourites but they will falter this year to.

And tbh if Manchester City are going to react in the arrogant manner they have done, to what was an absolute spanking, I don’t see why you shouldn’t be aiming to compete with them. They lack any humility when the tide is against them:

• Subscriber
Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Some more confidence is due. This year will be a leveller because there are so many games. You may not be the best side on paper but you can definitely get yourselves amongst it. Liverpool look the early favourites but they will falter this year too.

We're a strange side. Capable of the sublime and the ridiculous. When we overcome fear we're really quite good. I had no confidence because Rodgers I felt was a big part of the fear we'd shown in every meeting with a good team last year (we were the only side in the league to not beat a side who finished higher last season). Really did sense it was going the same way today but it was like the minute we got behind them once, the whole game swung.

Quite remarkable how we've started really. 12 goals scored already. Deadly when we want to be.

Manchester City midfielder Rodri said "football has not been fair to us" after Leicester City inflicted the biggest home defeat on Pep Guardiola as Blues boss.

Jamie Vardy scored a hat-trick and the hosts conceded a three penalties in Sunday's 5-2 loss,which put the Foxes top of the Premier League.

The result came despite Guardiola's side dominating possession and having 16 shots to Leicester's seven.

"For me, they were lucky," said Rodri.

Speaking to BBC Radio 5 Live, the 24-year-old Spaniard added: "Football has not been fair to us. Maybe it is our fault, maybe it is their strength - but it is very difficult to explain.

"We did a lot of good things to win the game. A team like Leicester comes here and plays with 11 guys behind the ball.

Guardiola said Leicester "did not want to run". Although City got an early lead through Riyad Mahrez, other than a Fernandino header that went straight to Kasper Schmeichel, the hosts were unable to exert any pressure on the Foxes goal despite controlling the game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54319820

They scored 5 with 11 players behind the ball? They didn’t want to run, yet you’ve gave away 3 penalties? What is it with the cult of “you just play the way we want you to so we can score at will”. You’re absolutely pish Rodri. Another failed Pep experiment. But don’t worry. He’ll spend another £200mill and it’ll fly under the radar as per usual. 

I fucking hate Guardiola more passionately with each day. He’s an utterly dislikable twat.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

We got robbed here, Vardy should of been sent off for simulation on the 1st penalty, even Sterling would of been embarrassed with that one  

Even as a troll you can't talk about your players and simulation xD

3 hours ago, Dan said:

xD their reaction has been priceless. Totally embarrassing.

I'm here all day for it. Love it. 

If you play a high line with shit defending and no intensity in your pressing, then every opposition chance is going to look like a counter attack - even if it's from a goal kick. 

For a football genius, Pep seems to very often make this mistake. Any attack with pace gets labelled a counter attack, even if City were set in their positions and the opposition had to work open the opportunity. 

It's like he sees it as cheating to play with a high intensity, take risks, and punish bad defending. 

6 minutes ago, Inverted said:

It's like he sees it as cheating to play with a high intensity, take risks, and punish bad defending. 

Take the bad defending out of your sentence and that’s the way his teams have always played. High intensity to take the ball back, keep ball with the occasional risky pass and reward. It’s what annoys me the most about him. Unless a team sits wide open and allows his tactics to work, he claims it’s unfair and not in the spirit of the game. It’s almost as if he doesn’t have a plan B.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Take the bad defending out of your sentence and that’s the way his teams have always played. High intensity to take the ball back, keep ball with the occasional risky pass and reward. It’s what annoys me the most about him. Unless a team sits wide open and allows his tactics to work, he claims it’s unfair and not in the spirit of the game. It’s almost as if he doesn’t have a plan B.

That's what annoys me about his and his players comments. As if every team should just roll over for them. Rubbish. Spend all that money and you should be able to overcome any tactic. Any excuse after yesterday for them is just bitter. 

• Subscriber

Rodri should know that it may be right to say teams are lucky when you lose by a goal but when you've had 5 put past you then it's not luck at all. I watched Pep's face when the media were asking him questions and he seemed disinterested (as he always is) in answering the questions regarding what he thought of the game.

I am wondering what the upper management at City think they'll achieve this year because to me it seems like another deep run in the CL only to get ousted again and I am wary of whether they can change their tactics quickly enough to challenge for a title in the league. 

On a side note, Brendan gave a rather good post-match interview yesterday. Congrats to the Leicester supporters on here.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah i thought that. Ndidi might have a problem getting back in the side based on that performance. 

Nah he'll go straight back in but it's good to have the selection issues as opposed to playing players out of position. Plus Praet picked up an injury yesterday from an Ake tackle so he may be out for a few weeks. Sadly, as he's hit the ground running this season. 

• Subscriber

The thing is if we'd gone there and lost 4-0 they would be saying what an excellent side we are. I will hold my hands up I got Rodgers completely wrong yesterday, I mean in my defence, he has had a pretty abysmal track record in big games here and the way we started it felt like we were just sitting there letting them totally boss the game, but it's become apparent that he's demonstrated another string to his bow. I was really impressed by his interview post match - I mean maybe it's easy to say it after the event but he was saying how it's taken him a long time to accept that he might have to play a different way occasionally. If he's honest with that then yesterday could be a real turning point for him as a manager I feel.

Yesterday was like something from 2015/16. Absolutely no care at all for possession stats. If we can replicate that against other big sides we're actually going to be a really dangerous team this season - providing we do bulk that squad up a bit more.

Still can't quite believe what happened. We are a bonkers team. Was only 7 games ago we got destroyed by a pathetic Bournemouth xD

Archived