talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

9 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

Ronaldo and Messi are greedy assholes. They know that they are at back end of their careers and they want to mint as much money as they can in the last few years of their career. Messi and Ronaldo hold enough power to stop their teams from playing in such a league but they won't because they know themselves that they are not good enough now.

they have no power at all in stopping it. they are under contract to play for barca/juve. they could leave in protest and make £45k per week playing for west ham though. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, nudge said:

Things you and any other fan can do:

• cancel your membership
  • don't attend matches
  • cancel your TV subscriptions
  • don't watch matches on TV or internet
  • don't buy any merchandise
  • be vocal about it instead of accepting it as something that's inevitable

If everyone did it, this shit wouldn't fly. Too bad there are way too many cunts who will wank themselves to sleep over a new 100 million player "their" club signed this week and will lap up anything brought to them like good little customers they are.

and that my friend is how life and football works. finding morals in a mulltibillion sport is like finding a kardashian that dont own a 2 pac greatest hits CD. 

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Things you and any other fan can do:

• cancel your membership
  • don't attend matches
  • cancel your TV subscriptions
  • don't watch matches on TV or internet
  • don't buy any merchandise
  • be vocal about it instead of accepting it as something that's inevitable

If everyone did it, this shit wouldn't fly. Too bad there are way too many cunts who will wank themselves to sleep over a new 100 million player "their" club signed this week and will lap up anything brought to them like good little customers they are.

The power has always been with the fans... collectively they could bring any club to it's knees if they pulled together properly... 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

and that my friend is how life and football works. finding morals in a mulltibillion sport is like finding a kardashian that dont own a 2 pac greatest hits CD. 

And attitudes like that is exactly what enables it. 

1 hour ago, UNIQUE said:

its like you have no clue about the mind set of the modern football player :rofl:

Not all of them. I know a lot of them are cunts but the ones that aren't can afford to refuse to play. 

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The power has always been with the fans... collectively they could bring any club to it's knees if they pulled together properly... 

you know as well as i do that fans dont give a shit about rival teams. i see people on here acting all high and mighty yet would love to see rival clubs go down. 

@UNIQUE has a point to be fair. 

What is the main goal of any business? To achieve long term profitable sustainability. That's what the Super League annoyingly does for these clubs. The owners see the forecasted figures and its probably incredibly difficult for them to say no to it. The whole embodiment of the Super League should be considered Illegal in every aspect of competitive football. That is essentially why I'm hoping there are legal ramifications against it and it falls through. 

8 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

they have no power at all in stopping it. they are under contract to play for barca/juve. they could leave in protest and make £45k per week playing for west ham though. 

they do have power. If Messi leaves Barca, no one would give a fuck about Barca outside Barcelona, same thing happened when Ronaldo left Real, no one cares about Real Madrid anymore outside Madrid. All of Ronaldo fans worldwide shifted to Juve. If Messi and Ronaldo go on to play for Bournemouth and West Ham, i swear they would become the highest revenue generators in the world.

54 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

i dont see how this is sacrificing football. its just swapping the UCL for the ESL. domestic football will be unchanged. 

Are you joking?

You don't see how swapping the ESL for the Champions League would damage the integrity of European football? A tournament where 15 sides are permanent fixtures and they never have to worry about whether they are there on merit or not?

Currently the CL is the tournament where you get to see the pinnacle of European football. The best sides in Europe get there based on how they did on the season before (earning their place) and get to compete to say "who's the best in Europe." This Super League bullshit isn't a meritocracy it's a rich boy club where a bunch of billionaires have decided they don't want to compete with the rabble challenging their hegemony by... being normal football clubs... and think they can create an "elite" new tournament where nobody is there on merit and it'll be fine.

At least with the Champions League... the trophy you end up winning is the old European Cup. They've changed the format, but at the end of the day you're still winning "Ol' Big Ears" and you still have to get there on merit.

This new tournament is thinking "wow people really love the matches between big clubs in the CL - what if we removed the spectacle by having those matches happen all the fucking time!" It's just going to remove the spectacle entirely.

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Not all of them. I know a lot of them are cunts but the ones that aren't can afford to refuse to play. 

come on mate if players like jack grealish has the chance to play for man city in the ESL or take the moral high ground and move to leicester city to play in a EPL without the big 6 where will he go. 

• Subscriber
Just now, UNIQUE said:

i think most people confuse the real world with the ideal world. 

Or rather those people just have principles and stick to them instead of bending over and thanking for being screwed afterwards.

2 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

they do have power. If Messi leaves Barca, no one would give a fuck about Barca outside Barcelona, same thing happened when Ronaldo left Real, no one cares about Real Madrid anymore outside Madrid. All of Ronaldo fans worldwide shifted to Juve. If Messi and Ronaldo go on to play for Bournemouth and West Ham, i swear they would become the highest revenue generators in the world.

please tell me you dont mean any of that. 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

Or rather those people just have principles and stick to them instead of bending over and thanking for being screwed afterwards.

you are one of them people that get on a players back for leaving your club to make more money when you would leave your job to make more money at the drop of a hat. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Ah shit, they've got @Cicero one of the good guys :( :( 

Trying to play devil's advocate. xD

On a business perspective, I imagine the decision was incredibly difficult for most owners. Keep the integrity of competitive football or achieve incredible long term profitable sustainability for 20+ years. 

Just now, UNIQUE said:

please tell me you dont mean any of that. 

You only have to look at the Instagram statistics for Real Madrid followers after Ronaldo left to see the impact these global icons have on global support. Then look at how Juventus gained a shitload of followers.

FIFA can stop this dead in it's tracks, I think, if they ban players from ESL sides from competing for their international teams. That will essentially make the ESL-clubs only appealing to prospects or aging stars - so a glorified MLS.

• Administrator
Just now, Cicero said:

Trying to play devil's advocate. xD

On a business perspective, I imagine the decision was incredibly difficult for most owners. 

Don't backtrack like your clubs will and come crawling back to us. You are dead to us now :ph34r:

• Subscriber
Just now, UNIQUE said:

you are one of them people that get on a players back for leaving your club to make more money when you would leave your job to make more money at the drop of a hat. 

oh, for real? You don't know shit about me, so keep your assumptions to yourself, will you. 

2 minutes ago, montybhopa said:

So you dont think Messi and Ronaldo hold any power? Ok then why Barca were on. their knees when Messi was blackmailing them to leave?

If Messi and Ronaldo go on to play for Bournemouth and West Ham, i swear they would become the highest revenue generators in the world.

you dont mean that do you. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You only have to look at the Instagram statistics for Real Madrid followers after Ronaldo left to see the impact these global icons have on global support. Then look at how Juventus gained a shitload of followers.

FIFA can stop this dead in it's tracks, I think, if they ban players from ESL sides from competing for their international teams. That will essentially make the ESL-clubs only appealing to prospects or aging stars - so a glorified MLS.

so lets think about this for a second. harry kane gets the chance to play for a ESL club on a 5 year £400k per week contract or he can choose to get knocked out in the group stage playing for england  for no money. what does he pick. 

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived