talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

I can’t see this going ahead any time soon. There’s too much politics and logistics in the way at the minute. The longer that takes, the better, as it’ll put delay after delay on this but I can see all sorts of court battles and legal spats from both sides. 

That said, the damage is done. These clubs have made that first, big step in agreeing to join this competition and that’s going to be tough to win back. These clubs who’ve plastered messages over their stadium and use nice slogans and comments that actually resonate with large portions of their fanbase, as a merchandising tactic have taken that plunge and it’s going to be hard to turn back some of their fans. Ultimately, others will bow down to the clubs, as fans have done for years anyway.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
10 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

if your boss comes to you and says you or a work mate can get a 30% pay rise but only one of you can get it then askes you who should get it who would you pick? 

This is absolutely nothing like that xDxD 

You are a WUM or you don't know how this will actually affect the match-going fan. Very out of touch. 

Just now, montybhopa said:

Imagine if UK govt announces that the big six cant use the name of the cities. Will they be called Smashers, Clippers, Buccaneers etc?

That could well be a reality.... If the clubs push on with this and then get sanctioned by each league and then the players are getting sanctioned for being part of them teams where do they think they will be playing these games?? Not sure how it will work if the clubs involved will be allowed to play unsanctioned games at their grounds or not?? If not then it would mean taking these games to the likes of the States and Asia which could well be part of the long term plan anyway... It would make sense that they could then well change their names as a result.. a rebrand if you like

Just now, Stan said:

You are a WUM.

its exactly like that. everyone is looking to do whats best for them no matter what they do for a living. players will go where the money is and clubs will go to the highest profet. no body cares about the other guy and you are crazy to think other wise. ffs the vatican rakes in more money that the ESL ever will. 

Just now, UNIQUE said:

its exactly like that. everyone is looking to do whats best for them no matter what they do for a living. players will go where the money is and clubs will go to the highest profet. no body cares about the other guy and you are crazy to think other wise. ffs the vatican rakes in more money that the ESL ever will. 

Mate, give it a bastard rest will you. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

hey look on the bright side. if 6 teams leave the EPL you might get 4th :rofl:

And if you moved out of your Mum's basement and found some real life mates to spend time with you might have some better banter to fall back on. You're laughing as the club you "support" is plucked out of a great footballing city and milked for the amusement and enrichment of rich Americans and Saudis that have never set foot in Anfield.

• Administrator
Just now, UNIQUE said:

In your scenario you're acting like that other person who didn't get the pay-rise never gets a chance to get one in future. Which is incorrect because the ESL don't let anyone else have a 'pay-rise'. They choose the clubs. They choose the terms. Hence the term 'closed shop'.

In what world is that fair? Like I said, for you as long as Liverpool are alright, that's the sole reason to be taken like a chump and go ahead with it. You're being treated like a mug and like the lapdog you're coming across, you're going along with it without a care for any other team or football itself.

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Mate, give it a bastard rest will you. 

am i wrong in saying players are greedy and will go for the money? am i wrong in saying clubs will go for the highest profit? am i wrong in thinking that rich people and rich businesses dont give a fuck about the small guy. no i dont think i am wrong at all. now stop being a woke cunt and accept other people might see things different to you.

Ronaldo and Messi are greedy assholes. They know that they are at back end of their careers and they want to mint as much money as they can in the last few years of their career. Messi and Ronaldo hold enough power to stop their teams from playing in such a league but they won't because they know themselves that they are not good enough now.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

And if you moved out of your Mum's basement and found some real life mates to spend time with you might have some better banter to fall back on. You're laughing as the club you "support" is plucked out of a great footballing city and milked for the amusement and enrichment of rich Americans and Saudis that have never set foot in Anfield.

and me moaning about it like a bitch will stop any of that will it. i cant stop it any more than you can. im just giving opinions on how players and clubs are thinking. 

I blame FIFA here too. If they had not diminished the international football like they did, it would have never happened but now even if they announce ban on ESL players from World Cup, players will be like okay fuck off we dont care about international anyways.

16 minutes ago, Stan said:

You are a WUM or you don't know how this will actually affect the match-going fan. Very out of touch. 

so liverpool fans going to madrid in a UCL game is not the same as liverpool fans going to madrid for a ESL game. its nothing more than replacing the champions lge. like i say im not a fan of it and i hope it dont happen but people are acting like football is no more

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Bar the World Cup, international football is dead. 

It was always dead. FIFA never took it seriously themselves. What was the point of having so many friendlies rather than competitive games? You have players like Diego Costa and thousand others who would happily play for Spain than their own country. Or so many Brazilian players who play for Italy. 

Even if you ban ESL players from FIFA WCs, they would just go on to play in ESL and winning the trophies there. Neuer was asked which trophy was more important for him, UCL or WC and he said UCL. I can see football becoming like basketball where NBA is the biggest thing and no one gives a crap about FIBA WC.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

and me moaning about it like a bitch will stop any of that will it. i cant stop it any more than you can. im just giving opinions on how players and clubs are thinking. 

Things you and any other fan can do:

• cancel your membership
  • don't attend matches
  • cancel your TV subscriptions
  • don't watch matches on TV or internet
  • don't buy any merchandise
  • be vocal about it instead of accepting it as something that's inevitable

If everyone did it, this shit wouldn't fly. Too bad there are way too many cunts who will wank themselves to sleep over a new 100 million player "their" club signed this week and will lap up anything brought to them like good little customers they are.

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived