• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

On a more serious note, if UEFA decide that they want to expunge the clubs that are part of the ESL from all their competitions post the meeting today does that mean PSG are going to be the CL winners for this season? 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Rick said:

Genuinely gonna become a Werder or Monchengladbach fan after the dust settles here. 

Also, Rooney is a fat prick. 

Or a local club to you :what:

Maybe they're underrating the general levels of football fatigue that a lot of fans feel.

People have been markedly less interested in the game since Covid,. It seems like the ESL group look at that as pent-up demand that's waiting to be exploited - but it could just be a that a lot of people have lost interest, and the Super League will just aggravate that. 

Apparently the government will put a massive tax on the clubs and withdraw support for games which will make it very difficult. Like I said the players can stop it. If they refuse to play it cant happen. They have enough money if they get sacked they will be ok. If they dont then they dint care about the fans and they are cunts that dont deserve our support 

A comment or two on here pointed to Asian and American fans as in favor of this type of league.  For me, that's not the case at all.  I've had my fill of closed-shop leagues and watching various local teams languish season after season when there's nothing left to play for before the season even starts.  I'm speaking of the NBA, MLB, NFL, and MLS.  Yes, the teams in those leagues rake in the cash, but the product is sterile and for a fan of a middling city in the USA (Cincinnati, who isn't good at anything right now) the prospect of European football, which is the only sport I follow anymore, going down that path is all the more depressing.  

its amazing that boris johnson said he will do everything he can to stop the english teams from going to europe to make the ESL yet does fuck all to stop the illegal immigrants coming over from europe by the boat load every week. food for though boris. 

7 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Apparently the government will put a massive tax on the clubs and withdraw support for games which will make it very difficult. Like I said the players can stop it. If they refuse to play it cant happen. They have enough money if they get sacked they will be ok. If they dont then they dint care about the fans and they are cunts that dont deserve our support 

its like you have no clue about the mind set of the modern football player :rofl:

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, SkyBruce Championship said:

So would that leave only 2 spots per year for others?

They'd be the other 3 to make it 15. So there's 5 spots for the others. 

1 minute ago, UNIQUE said:

its amazing that boris johnson said he will do everything he can to stop the english teams from going to europe to make the ESL yet does fuck all to stop the illegal immigrants coming over from europe by the boat load every week. food for though boris. 

Have you not seen the laws Priti Patel brought in xD

Anyway, that has nothing to do with ESL so keep the irrelevant politics out of this :what:

9 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

Jesus Christ

I still can't get my head around the Premier League Top 6 agreeing to this monstruosity. 

I mean, in a sense it's a clear move from continental clubs, like Real Madrid and Barcelona, to retain their position of power in a moment that the balance is heavily shiftting towards Premier League. 

It's also a move against Premier League hegemony.

Those six clubs are playing the hand of Florentino and Agnelli for some quick cash,  alienating their fanbases in the process. It's very short-sighted.

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

I still can't get my head around the Premier League Top 6 agreeing to this monstruosity. 

I mean, in a sense it's a clear move from continental clubs, like Real Madrid and Barcelona, to retain their position of power in a moment that the balance is heavily shiftting towards Premier League. 

Those six clubs are playing the hand of Florentino and Agnelli for some quick cash,  alienating their fanbases in the process. It's very short-sighted.

the clubs see it as playing less games and making far more money thats why they want it. 

Just now, El Profesor said:

They saw the forecasted figures and they couldn't say no. Sacrificing the good of football as a result. Football clubs ownership are to blame, but the finger should be directly pointed at those that implemented the "Super League". 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

i dont see how this is sacrificing football. its just swapping the UCL for the ESL. domestic football will be unchanged. 

What are your thoughts on Liverpool's place in this?

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived