talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

European Super League

football forum

3 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

i dont see how this is sacrificing football. its just swapping the UCL for the ESL. domestic football will be unchanged. 

Domestic football, in England, would be hugely changed. If a team isn't challenging for the title, they would immediately bin off the league and rest players for their ESL games. If they don't have anything to play for in the league, why would they bother with it?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Imagine calling the Prime Minister "Boris" and crying about the scary illegal immigrants you read about in The Sun and supposedly supporting Liverpool. Jesus Christ indeed.

Anyway, the first thing that needs to go here if fans want to exert any power over this situation is the lashing out at Gary Neville, the Premier League and others who you don't usually agree with but are currently fighting for the integrity of the football pyramid for being "hypocrites", along with the notion that football is already finished despite the absolute gulf of a difference between this proposal and literally anything that's come before. 

3 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

i dont see how this is sacrificing football. its just swapping the UCL for the ESL. domestic football will be unchanged. 

In what way is domestic football unchanged if teams can finish in the top four but still not qualify for Europe's elite competition? One of the 'big six' could finish 10th and still get in. 

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

What are your thoughts on Liverpool's place in this?

i dont want the ESL i think things are fine as they are but if it means liverpool either go with the flo or end up like notts forrest then we need to join it. 

• Administrator
Just now, UNIQUE said:

i dont want the ESL i think things are fine as they are but if it means liverpool either go with the flo or end up like notts forrest then we need to join it. 

Speaks volumes.

1 minute ago, ScoRoss said:

Domestic football, in England, would be hugely changed. If a team isn't challenging for the title, they would immediately bin off the league and rest players for their ESL games. If they don't have anything to play for in the league, why would they bother with it?

the english teams will still want to win the EPL title. 

UEFA executive committee member Jesper Moller wants Chelsea, Real Madrid and Man City to be kicked out of this season's Champions League.

The head of the Danish FA told DR: "The clubs must go, and I expect that to happen on Friday."

"Some of the other 14 Premier League clubs who are not involved in this breakaway want the six breakaway clubs to be sanctioned immediately.

"They believe the sanction should include suspension from the current Premier League season. Some of these other 14 clubs are so unhappy with what is happening that they want this six clubs to be kicked out of the Premier League immediately."

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Imagine calling the Prime Minister "Boris" and crying about the scary illegal immigrants you read about in The Sun and supposedly supporting Liverpool. Jesus Christ indeed.

Anyway, the first thing that needs to go here if fans want to exert any power over this situation is the lashing out at Gary Neville, the Premier League and others who you don't usually agree with but are currently fighting for the integrity of the football pyramid for being "hypocrites", along with the notion that football is already finished despite the absolute gulf of a difference between this proposal and literally anything that's come before. 

never got a ESL invite then :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Speaks volumes.

its just the facts of life mate. do the liverpool fans want to watch players of the quality of shaun goater scoring 6 goals a season in lge 2 or watch world class players in the ESL. 

4 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

the english teams will still want to win the EPL title. 

Bit of realism though. By October / November, a few of these six will know they won't be winning the title. They already don't bother in the domestic cup games, it won't take much for them to not bother in the domestic league.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

its just the facts of life mate. do the liverpool fans want to watch players of the quality of shaun goater scoring 6 goals a season in lge 2 or watch world class players in the ESL. 

I'd like to think that most fans, if not all, will stop at letting their club be taken for a ride just to keep the bank balances high. All morals and ethics of this have been fucked off out the window but fans like you don't give a shit. As long as your club is alright, who else really matters, eh? Pathetic attitude.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'd like to think that most fans, if not all, will stop at letting their club be taken for a ride just to keep the bank balances high. All morals and ethics of this have been fucked off out the window but fans like you don't give a shit. As long as your club is alright, who else really matters, eh? Pathetic attitude.

if your boss comes to you and says you or a work mate can get a 30% pay rise but only one of you can get it then askes you who should get it who would you pick? 

The Super League would take the romance out of the game for sure, the dream of doing a Leicester or for the tides to change and a new guard to form and that faint possibility that your club could somehow climb up and have a go at the highest level of the game. For the kids more than anything, growing up that idea in your head is something that will die now. Even before this, it just became about wishing you could bag a rich owner, so it’s not much of a change in that regard, it just feels so much worse. 

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

BREAKING: The so called ‘big six’ would essentially be banned from foreign transfers if the government goes ahead with its threat of work visa crackdowns

that would be illegal

1 minute ago, UNIQUE said:

Be careful with what you wish for. This could be the first step to Liverpool becoming an itinerant club. 

It wouldn't surprise me if those clubs in the long-term held a good part of their matches in different continents. 

Liverpool would become just a name. The team would completely lose its identification with its original area. 

A deterritorialised, cold international corporation, no different from companies like Nike, Apple, Amazon. The sport would totally lose its emotional connection with fans and would become an enterprise for good. 

Look, I'm not against people earning money but I also don't like the prospects the Superleague opens. There has to some limit.

7 minutes ago, Cicero said:

BREAKING: The so called ‘big six’ would essentially be banned from foreign transfers if the government goes ahead with its threat of work visa crackdowns

WOW this is getting messier. No big six would want to buy Cresswell or Philipps over someone like Hakimi or Kondgbia 

1 minute ago, El Profesor said:

Be careful with what you wish for. This could be the first step to Liverpool becoming an itinerant club. 

It wouldn't surprise me if those clubs in the long-term held a good part of their matches in different continents. 

Liverpool would become just a name. The team would completely lose its identification with its original area. 

A deterritorialised, cold international corporation, no different from companies like Nike, Apple, Amazon. The sport would totally lose its emotional connection with fans and would become an enterprise for good. 

Look, I'm not against people earning money but I also don't like the prospects the Superleague opens. There has to some limit.

mate ive said before im against the ESL. i think football is fine now as it is but if liverpool taking the moral high ground means becoming another west ham then fuck that. 

• The title was changed to European Super League

Archived