talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 2-0 Arsenal - Sunday 6th December, 2020

football forums

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate this game, impossible to enjoy, even more so now when they’re such an awful team just the pressure is right on us to do as we should. They haven’t beaten us at the Lane since 2014. 

Hopefully Kane had recovered from injury and Hugo is fine to start. We need a win here with some trickier games coming up against Liverpool and Palace 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Storts said:

Looks like Lloris might be out and if Hart plays we will lose. His performance on Thursday was abysmal 

Is this confirmed? Just considering my FPL options that’s all.. obviously important stuff. ;)

Had a search on Twitter and I’m hearing positive for Covid. Next thing I’m seeing it’s Mourinho mind games and he will be declared fit tomorrow xD.

4 hours ago, Cazza said:

Really.... ?

Arsenal are proper fucked mate.

I could see it going both ways.

I could pretty easily see a 0-0 given the way Arteta sets Arsenal up to "play" and how Mourinho can approach big games - and this is a derby so he might just set up Spurs to completely nullify any threat Arsenal might have.

At the same time, I can see Arsenal getting absolutely fucking smashed. They're playing poorly and Spurs aren't. And I can't see Mourinho setting up to just nullify Arsenal because right now Arsenal are a team that don't pose much threat... so I think he'll be thinking this is very winnable.

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

Is this confirmed? Just considering my FPL options that’s all.. obviously important stuff. ;)

Had a search on Twitter and I’m hearing positive for Covid. Next thing I’m seeing it’s Mourinho mind games and he will be declared fit tomorrow xD.

Not confirmed but our local reporter that knows all this says he’s a big fitness doubt and hart is preparing to play. Who knows but doesn’t sound great 

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

It's going to be the worst North London derby in living memory

Mmm possibly. Don’t expect us to play like we did against Chelsea/City though. 

This really isn’t meant as a wind up although will come across as one but that is generally saved for games against the really good sides (will do it against you next week too) but will be more expansive today. I assume we will have a lot more of the ball as Arteta will set up his Arsenal side to play without it.

If Lloris was playing I’d be as confident as I’d ever been going into a NLD, now I’m just on edge. Need an early goal to settle the nerves 

40 minutes ago, Storts said:

Mmm possibly. Don’t expect us to play like we did against Chelsea/City though. 

This really isn’t meant as a wind up although will come across as one but that is generally saved for games against the really good sides (will do it against you next week too) but will be more expansive today. I assume we will have a lot more of the ball as Arteta will set up his Arsenal side to play without it.

If Lloris was playing I’d be as confident as I’d ever been going into a NLD, now I’m just on edge. Need an early goal to settle the nerves 

Oh yeah I fully expect Spurs to be the side controlling things with the ball. Just from what I've seen of Arsenal under Arteta I'm not expecting a great game for the neutral

5 hours ago, MUFC said:

Will Arteta go for it or park the bus like he did at OT.

Most likely the latter. Usually the most exciting fixture of the season but I can see it being a dull one today (unless we get destroyed).

Archived