talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 2-0 Arsenal - Sunday 6th December, 2020

football forum

Just now, Lucas said:

I want to see how they cope when teams do to them what they have done to Chelsea/City etc.

Burnley was a good indicator which they won. So if they can do that frequently, they have a chance.

They need Kane to be injury free though I think.

Or just against an organised defence really. I genuinely didn't know both Kane and Son were playing against us last weekend until somebody told me. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
14 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

You're winning the league this season mate. Said it to Liverpool and United supporting mates before the season started and got laughed at. 

Mourinho is the best and most under appreciated manager of our generation. The Kane/Son relationship like i've said before will go down in history as the best ever in the PL... over the course of a title winning season.

I hope you're right but a loooong way to go yet. Liverpool, Chelsea, City all really strong teams 

1 minute ago, JoshBRFC said:

If you didn't sack him for a wheel you'd be a good side by now.

x

They would've imploded. 

As does every club who has Mourinho in charge longer than 3 seasons. Spurs should be wise to this. 

32 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Bit too reliant on Kane and Son up top in my opinion. 

If it works, it works. 2 great players who can be dirty cheats at times and people will still end up siding with them because "they're not that type of player". And their other options may not be on the same level but they're still decent. Hope I'm wrong and Mourinho gets annoyed and tries to throw everyone under the bus to save himself though. Fingers crossed.

Just now, 6666 said:

Hope I'm wrong and Mourinho gets annoyed and tries to throw everyone under the bus to save himself though. Fingers crossed.

12 months too early for that. 

The “Us vs Them” Mourinho mentality is fully implemented with this Spurs team now. It will push them to win ‘something’. We were heavily reliant on Hazard and Costa too in 2015, but we had prime Cesc + Oscar along with Cech, Terry, and Drogba to take us over the line. 

• Subscriber
27 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Did you watch us? That third season was awful. @Storts will see, just like we’ve all seen it when we’ve had to live with it.

I did yes and I still can’t believe he took you to 2nd.

Still better than Ole. They bought everyone Mourinho wanted as soon as he left. Ole will never take you to a title, Mourinho would have eventually if given the time. 

10 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Still better than Ole. They bought everyone Mourinho wanted as soon as he left. Ole will never take you to a title, Mourinho would have eventually if given the time. 

Mate... Mourinho assembled the most expensive United squad in history. 

Pogba, Bailly, Mkhitaryan, Lukaku, Matic, Lindelof, Sanchez, Fred, and Dalot. 

To suggest Mourinho wasn't backed simply isn't true. 

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Am sure he spent nearly 400 million with us. 

That went pretty much as I thought it would. Arsenal with plenty of the ball but doing fuck all with it, Spurs clinical and that first goal was pretty special. I think they're gonna win it this season as long as the Europa League doesn't start getting to them as the season goes on.

I noticed something in Spurs second goal. Aurier plays the ball to Lo Celso, there are 3 arsenal players goal side of Lo Celso, the 2 central defenders, who are on top of Bergwijn, and Partey, who is closer to Kane and Son, but he's a touch behind them and closer to the touchline(god knows why)

Anyway, while other Arsenal players are chasing back hard as they can, he's jogging along merrily, then gives up all together before he's covered a 3rd of the pitch. 
What an enormous cunt 

5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I noticed something in Spurs second goal. Aurier plays the ball to Lo Celso, there are 3 arsenal players goal side of Lo Celso, the 2 central defenders, who are on top of Bergwijn, and Partey, who is closer to Kane and Son, but he's a touch behind them and closer to the touchline(god knows why)

Anyway, while other Arsenal players are chasing back hard as they can, he's jogging along merrily, then gives up all together before he's covered a 3rd of the pitch. 
What an enormous cunt 

Wasn't that when Partey just put in a challenge that injured him?

I blame Bellerin the most. All he had to do was square it to Aubameyang for a tap in, he passes it behind him and Spurs get the ball for the counter. xD

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Wasn't that when Partey just put in a challenge that injured him?

I blame Bellerin the most. All he had to do was square it to Aubameyang for a tap in, he passes it behind him and Spurs get the ball for the counter. 

Oh yeah, I'm not saying he's at fault for the goal, just a lazy disinterested cunt 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Oh yeah, I'm not saying he's at fault for the goal, just a lazy disinterested cunt 

He already had a quad injury coming into it and that challenge definitely re-aggravated it. 

In such a congested season, absolutely foolish from Arteta to rush him in. Probably out for longer now. 

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

I think Mourinho isn’t the right man for a big long term project like United, judging by his time there. And his track record shows, and I think Spurs being rejuvenated against him, is he takes very good squads that are close to being genuine contenders (and Spurs were still a very good group of players last season - there were clearly many issues in the dressing room though) - and he helps them take that final corner.

We’ve never really seen what Mourinho can do at a club like Spurs (at least in England) and we’ve never seen him stay at a job for too long. I think him doing well now with Spurs shows he can compete without having the richest side in the league. I wonder if he can bring a side sustained success if he stays there long term.

But I don’t think it can be said he wasn’t backed at United. He was given a lot of money and he didn’t really help them at all. I think he’s a better manager than Ole for sure... but he failed at United on his own merits. Just like he’s succeeded elsewhere on his own merits.

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Mate...... k Fair point xD He was backed but I feel like he wasn’t finished and that he and Van Gaal were both sacked too soon. It doesn’t matter what I say tbf, Mourinho will forever be unliked by the majority. It’s all good ;) 

1 hour ago, JoshBRFC said:

You are joking? Mourinho had Pogba, Bailly, Mhktyrian, Ibrahimovic, Lukaku, Matic, Lindelof, Sanchez and Fred come in. Let’s not play into the myth that he wasn’t backed, that’s almost an entire new 11. This second place was as good as a trophy nonsense is just that, Mourinho served it up as good PR for himself and everyone lapped it up because Ole couldn’t replicate it. Crazy.

Edit: I realise I’ve come in late on this post but Mourinho was the downfall at United alongside Woodward, not because of Woodward

17 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Mate...... k Fair point xD He was backed but I feel like he wasn’t finished and that he and Van Gaal were both sacked too soon. It doesn’t matter what I say tbf, Mourinho will forever be unliked by the majority. It’s all good ;) 

Think Mourinho burns too many bridges to stay longer. That and the fact his players grow tired of his football. 

The very best of Mourinho died in 2015. Been a changed man since. 

• The title was changed to Tottenham 2-0 Arsenal - Sunday 6th December, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived