• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 1-2 Benrahma FC - Friday 11th December, 2020

football forum

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Lucas said:

The goals are drying up too which is a problem when you let in piss easy goals. Our chance to conversion rate must be up there as one of the worst. Need to improve that.

I think they mentioned something about this last night, Since the first 5 games of the season your possession has gone up and so have the chances you create but the conversion rate has dropped right off... Leeds are a grafting side but silly mistakes at the back are proving costly.. I also thought you were denied a penalty for handball as well but looking at how you take those I don't think it would have made any difference to the final score.. xD

5 hours ago, Dan said:

I'm quite happy for Moyes. Unfairly written off as a finished manager.

I agree, I quite like Moyes. Always have done.

Get the impression Leeds are a better side away from home when the onus isn't on them to attack and they can play on the counter. They seemed pretty clueless last night when they got into the final third. 

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

I think they mentioned something about this last night, Since the first 5 games of the season your possession has gone up and so have the chances you create but the conversion rate has dropped right off... Leeds are a grafting side but silly mistakes at the back are proving costly.. I also thought you were denied a penalty for handball as well but looking at how you take those I don't think it would have made any difference to the final score.. xD

I think we need to remember that we're essentially using players who were deemed not good enough to get promoted a couple years ago and somehow, Bielsa has got the maximum out of them to get us promoted.

That is why he's been voted in the Final three of the Fifa Coach of the Year, for literally getting blood out of a stone.

Problem is, the quality only stretches so far. We can play all the good football we want but if we aren't efficient with it, we're going to get problems when teams are picking us off so easily.

Leeds need a striker. Bamford, for all his efforts, isn’t the man you can hang your hat on. I know he’s scored a few goals so far, but every time I see you lot play I just think “how can one person scuff so many chances??”. I’d be seriously looking at getting a poacher type striker in, somebody similar to Danny Ings who is just gonna wait around and take every crumb of a chance given. Your team should be scoring a lot more with the chances you create. 

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Leeds need a striker. Bamford, for all his efforts, isn’t the man you can hang your hat on. I know he’s scored a few goals so far, but every time I see you lot play I just think “how can one person scuff so many chances??”. I’d be seriously looking at getting a poacher type striker in, somebody similar to Danny Ings who is just gonna wait around and take every crumb of a chance given. Your team should be scoring a lot more with the chances you create. 

100% agree, we need a clinical striker to help shoulder the burden of goals.

Ideally, I'd have loved us to have someone like Giroud which could have been a realistic opportunity in January but he's back in favour now so that is a no go.

I'm also starting to wonder whether the lack of experience in the team is telling. James Milner would have actually been a very clever signing for us to make.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

100% agree, we need a clinical striker to help shoulder the burden of goals.

Ideally, I'd have loved us to have someone like Giroud which could have been a realistic opportunity in January but he's back in favour now so that is a no go.

I'm also starting to wonder whether the lack of experience in the team is telling. James Milner would have actually been a very clever signing for us to make.

Milner would have been a brilliant signing, possibly instantly becoming your best player. Such a great professional that can cover a multitude of positions at a very high standard. 

Unfortunately for you lot he is still very much needed at Liverpool. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived