• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Fulham 1-1 Liverpool - Sunday 13th December, 2020

football forum

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Transferred him in to Fantasy League yesterday. Will miss the game. Soucek comes in. Points on the board. Standard 24 hours in the life of a Fantasy League player xD

13 minutes ago, Stan said:

Transferred him in to Fantasy League yesterday. Will miss the game. Soucek comes in. Points on the board. Standard 24 hours in the life of a Fantasy League player xD

I've got both too, Soucek first sub so no issues

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Why did he even play, or any of the first team? Bizarre.

Its not bizarre at all really. Klopp gave a number of reasons why first team players were involved, the main one being that you cant just throw 11 players on the pitch that aren't usually in the first team bubble because of the risk of covid infection. 

Another reason was not wanting to weaken the team that much that we got a battering, which does nothing for a young players confidence. He wanted to give some youth players a chance mixed with some first team players and Jota was one of the players that had had plenty of rest so far this season. 

Thats not really bizarre.

I swear some people think this is FIFA and you can just throw any random 18 kids who've never played together into the matchday squad. Football doesn't work like that.

Hope it's nothing serious for Jota, but the fact we're 3 days out and still waiting to scan it doesn't bode well

59 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Using the risk of Covid infections to defend a Managers team selection. That killed me. xDxD

It wasn't me who said it, it was Klopp? 

You can only name so many in a CL squad before the competition. Bringing youth players in who havent fully emerged with the first team is risking spreading the virus.

Whats so funny about that? xD

33 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

If they cared about the spread of the virus they would have prevented players playing pointless international friendlies, have a specific European 15 or told Mo Salah he couldn't hug every Tom, Dick and Harry at his brothers wedding.

Not play Jota midweek.

It's not just about Jota. There's clearly a good reason why no players who haven't been in and around the first team this season didn't travel to Denmark.

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm specifically referring to the hilarious covid excuse. I dont care about any other reasons.

But its not an excuse? Most youth players who many think should have started instead of first team players couldn't even travel with the squad because of covid restrictions?

Not sure what you don't understand about that? 

Whats it matter anyway? Jesus... Jota picks up a knock and suddenly people think they know better than the clubs manager xD

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm specifically referring to the hilarious covid excuse. I dont care about any other reasons.

I'm not sure why you find it hilarious though. Surely it's all about minimising the risk of spreading it throughout your squad by not having effectively two different squads of players mixing for 2-3 days on a European away? 

It really is boring how many criticisms of Klopp's stance on injuries, 5 subs, covid etc. ultimately boil down to "Well if he really cared about [this thing which is ultimately tangential to his job], he'd completely undermine his ability to do his actual job of winning football matches". No one seriously expects him to split the squad in two between European and domestic fixtures

• Administrator
56 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

It really is boring how many criticisms of Klopp's stance on injuries, 5 subs, covid etc. ultimately boil down to "Well if he really cared about [this thing which is ultimately tangential to his job], he'd completely undermine his ability to do his actual job of winning football matches". No one seriously expects him to split the squad in two between European and domestic fixtures

A meaningless European fixture though? Did Salah have to play the whole 90 for instance? 

54 minutes ago, Stan said:

A meaningless European fixture though? Did Salah have to play the whole 90 for instance? 

No, he could have been rested. But seeing as he'd been stuck in Egypt for over 2 weeks recently, not playing football or even training, Klopp and the medical team might have thought he could do with another game to regain sharpness with games such as Spurs coming up? Alternatively Klopp hasn't got a clue what he's doing and just throws players into games for shits and giggles.

Who knows? 

Fuck me, Jota picks up a slight knock and all this xD

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

I probably wouldn't have given him the full 90, but he is a player who needs rhythm, so I don't disagree with the decision to start him. Maybe we could've moved Minamino forward and brought Jake Cain on into midfield second half, but you still want to field a team that has a chance of competing because getting battered is no good for anyone, plus you've still left Jota on. I know we're not really allowed to talk about injuries on here, but we really do only have so many players. Do you risk (another) covid outbreak in the squad by bringing in 3 or 4 players from outside?

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I do think Klopp has come across as being a little bit whingy over this... He might have some fair points about the schedule etc but that schedule affects everybody not just Liverpool... 

Whingy over what?

He never mentioned the schedules etc after the game, just answered questions on why first team players were played.

And going back to your last point... yes the schedules affect everyone.. thats exactly what Klopp has been saying all along, that its not fair on the players.. not just Liverpool players.. all players.

Does anyone take a blind bit of notice anymore, or just make things up and run with it?

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Whingy over what?

Pretty much everything... Injuries, TV schedules, Amount of matches being played, sarcastic comments about BT scheduling then having a dig about Chris Wilder and Sheff United over the 5 substitutes rule etc.. Now I am not going to argue the rights and wrongs and what should or should not be happening and like I said he does have a point about some of the things he is talking about but it's coming across as a little bit whingy in my opinion... I know you lot are going to stick up for him no matter what because you see him as the second coming of Christ and it's just my humble opinion... 

Big clubs have big demands when you are fighting on all fronts so Klopp needs to wipe away those tears, pull up his big boy pants and suck it up, preferably in silence... B|

• The title was changed to Fulham 1-1 Liverpool - Sunday 13th December, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived