talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-3 LIVERPOOL - Thursday 28th January, 2021

football forums

42 minutes ago, Storts said:

It’s just utter shite. 

Yeah even as a non-Spurs fan the disrespect shown towards Poch’s 86 point season, Champions League final, seasons of no investment and transfer to a new stadium whilst still getting the results needed the sudden wanking over Mourinho as bringing something to the club that it lacked under Poch has just been terrible reporting

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Liverpool have been on fire in this game, Sadio Mane in particular has stood out. I am sure that Mourinho will be preparing his excuses for the post match interview. Liverpool though have looked very impressive playing away from home tonight, they've controlled most of the match.

its not done yet mate

7 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Be interesting to see how Tottenham fare if Kane is out for a while. Historically, they've been absolutely fine without him, but this Mourinho team is built around his strengths more than any previous iteration

I think they actually do win more without him.  Although that stat could be misleading because it could be that he was being rested for games against lower opposition for example so its not actually because they are better without him. I can't see how they could be better without a player that good 

That will fucking do us. I feared we were seeing the same pattern of laboured passing and no bite, but second half we really turned it up a bit. Well deserving of the points and that’s a massive win for us. If we can beat both West Ham and Brighton, we will be in a great position going into the City game. 

Trent, Bobby, Mane & Milner were my stand outs. Phillips came on and showed why he should be playing over Reece Williams every single time. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Loving Thiago playing further up, worked much better. Trent getting some form back and the whole team  generally looking much better... just in time!

Great win. 

thiago is the most technically talented player in england imo. just needs more games tbh

Just poor from Spurs.

Kane's injury did affect them but I didn't think they defended particularly well and despite a cracking Hoijberg hit, I don't think they showed much desire to get back in that game. But I would also put that down to Jose's subs. Awful.

I would probably go as far as to say that was comfortable for Liverpool. Deserved and could have been more. First time in a while I think I saw all the main front 3 combine well.

Top 4 is going to be a challenge for Spurs at this rate. You wouldn't tip them at the moment.

Archived