• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Arsenal 2-1 Tottenham - Sunday 14th March, 2021

football forums

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, shut up said:

We're not talking about Kane or Gabriel. It was a clear pen. 

So all three panelists in the studio including Freddie Ljungberg, not to mention Lacazette in his post match interview, said you were "lucky" to get that pen.

Never stonewall or clear as you said, on the contrary, very debatable.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

So all three panelists in the studio including Freddie Ljungberg, not to mention Lacazette in his post match interview, said you were "lucky" to get that pen.

Never stonewall or clear as you said, on the contrary, very debatable.

Definitely. And to be honest that second yellow was debatable too. Stupid from Lamela to give Oliver a chance to send him off but you very rarely see that given. 

Just now, Lucas said:

As you said, we're not talking about Kane.

Don’t try and talk sense and reason with him.

Also there was nothing clever about it ... just a dumb comment. He completely miskicked his shot at goal 

2 minutes ago, Storts said:

Don’t try and talk sense and reason with him.

Also there was nothing clever about it ... just a dumb comment. He completely miskicked his shot at goal 

Yeah agreed, having seen the last comment, I'll tap out. 

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Storts said:

Meh we are miles off 

I know what you're saying but we were 'miles' ahead of others last season and then we fucked it. I'm sure you can forgive my reservations for the time being!

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Mourinho has to go. He’s killing us. Why have we sat back in this game it’s so so stupid. Let us attack them and we are so much better. 

“Winning mentality has been brought to Spurs”.

I still get irritated on Poch’s behalf every time Mourinho sends a team out and I don’t feel anyway good or bad for Spurs 😅

• The topic was unpinned

I think the problem with the "give the manager a chance" argument with Mourinho is that he has had multiple chances at big clubs, and the exact same issues have cost him repeatedly. 

And he always rocks up at the next job saying he won't repeat the same mistakes. 

At some point you have to wonder if he is capable of changing at all.

4 hours ago, Cazza said:

I was talking generally, how many times has it created a successful team? Statistically speaking.... Don't see Twatford setting the world alite?  So what if Chelsea fail to win their opening games next season or Liverpool? Off with his head..... Eventually you can sack and hire enough managers that you'll find one who'll win a trophy.

Poor example to use really, Watford’s style of changing head coaches (they don’t have a manager) saw them pick up 5 seasons in the Premier League, an FA Cup semi and final. 

Prior to that they were in the Premier League once over a 15 year spell. You can’t really argue that their style of changing head coach consistently didn’t work out for them.

50 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I think the problem with the "give the manager a chance" argument with Mourinho is that he has had multiple chances at big clubs, and the exact same issues have cost him repeatedly. 

And he always rocks up at the next job saying he won't repeat the same mistakes. 

At some point you have to wonder if he is capable of changing at all.

He’s not. 

Anyone can see we are at our best with these players when we attack and take the game to the opposition. Yet every time without fail he reverts to this pathetic low block, no pressing and we look abysmal.

17 hours ago, Danny said:

“Winning mentality has been brought to Spurs”.

I still get irritated on Poch’s behalf every time Mourinho sends a team out and I don’t feel anyway good or bad for Spurs 😅

Pochettino is making a pig's ear of a guaranteed title win with PSG. The man is overrated.

The more I rewatch that the more frustrated I am with the penalty decision. Oliver was desperate all day to give them that and the red card. He’s one of those refs that properly believes his own hype. Wants to be centre of attention 

That's such a weird scenario all together.

What's the law exactly? The ball was away from Lacazette before contact was made, does that still constitute as a penalty? Or should it be an in-direct free kick given Sanchez impeded Lacazette, but the ball was already going out?

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

That's such a weird scenario all together.

What's the law exactly? The ball was away from Lacazette before contact was made, does that still constitute as a penalty? Or should it be an in-direct free kick given Sanchez impeded Lacazette, but the ball was already going out?

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Don't think it makes a difference where the ball is as long as it's in play. If you foul someone and they haven't got the ball it's still a foul. 

I don't think you'd ever get an indirect free kick in that situation. There must have been several penalties given where the attacker has knocked the ball out far ahead of them and a defender comes sliding in and fouls them, even though the ball is gone.

Lacazette scuffed the shot. Sanchez comes across and tackles him, doesn't get the ball and impedes Lacazette. It's on the softer side but I still think it was a penalty. Sanchez is nowhere near the ball and makes full contact with Lacazette :what:

5 minutes ago, shut up said:

Don't think it makes a difference where the ball is as long as it's in play. If you foul someone and they haven't got the ball it's still a foul. 

But that's the thing, is it in play? Lacazette strikes the ball, miss hits it and its clearly going out, and then Sanchez impedes him.

@Stan

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

But that's the thing, is it in play? Lacazette strikes the ball, miss hits it and its clearly going out, and then Sanchez impedes him.

@Stan

Definitely is in play. 

Screenshot_20210315_151424_com.twitter.android.jpg

The ball there is just in front of Sanchez' legs. And that's after the challenge is made where he collided/impeded/fouled Lacazette... 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Definitely is in play. 

Screenshot_20210315_151424_com.twitter.android.jpg

The ball there is just in front of Sanchez' legs. And that's after the challenge is made where he collided/impeded/fouled Lacazette... 

Ah yup that clears it, thought the ball was scuffed out for a goal keep afterwards. 

Archived