talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Discussion

football forum

46 minutes ago, Danny said:

Not to mention selling Toure and bring Busquets through. The Barcelona board really let themselves down forcing moves like Fabregas, they could have built a team with Pep that lasted a decade.

I'm glad they sold Toure :ph34r: what a player he was

21 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I'm glad they sold Toure :ph34r: what a player he was

When he was at Barcelona the coaches thought he was a CB/DM. Took ages for anyone to realise he was an elite attacking player.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

We play Club America tonight 1.30am UK time,  not expecting too much only being back a week but cant wait to see us back in action again, feels like ages since the last game

9 pm kick off here, available on Dazn.

• Upvote 1

Is that your first friendly? Seems very late. How many more friendlies have you got? Assuming you'll only have time for one more before flying back for the Charity Shield. If that's the case, three friendlies, including the Charity Shield, doesn't seem enough.

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Is that your first friendly? Seems very late. How many more friendlies have you got? Assuming you'll only have time for one more before flying back for the Charity Shield. If that's the case, three friendlies, including the Charity Shield, doesn't seem enough.

Yeah that was the first one, we play Munich at the weekend then you in the shield, we only been back a week 😂 ..some of the squad has not even come and some not fit to train yet like Dias, Laporte, Stones, Foden, Gundogan, Walker was limping towards the end of the friendly too so was De Bruyne, it was a high tempo game with lots of full on slide tackles, that was no friendly :4_joy: Greelish got cleaned out about 4 times

Only fit senior CB we have right now is Ake, Phillips played CB in the 2nd half. I fear Liverpool could get a head start this season while we recover players and get back into the swing of things. 

As for the game Cole Palmer does not look out of place with the first team, Alvarez is rapid, looked very sharp he fit straight in too, Haaland didn't play, he's only trained for 2 days, looks like Peps wrapping him in cotton wool, hope to see him against Munich

• Like 1

FT City win, I've never seen a team totally dominate Munich like that and we only 2 weeks back in training, must of been 80% possession, think Haalands 2nd goal was onside too ..we don't need to buy another LB, the young kid Wilson-Esbrand has been top draw in both games, he's miles better than Zinc and twice as quick, love to see him get a chance this season. Cole Palmer looking good too. Liverpool next 

20220724_025449.jpg

Edited by Happy Blue

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

He said Guardiola is crazy, then drops the F bomb 💣 😂 ..he reminds me of Zlatan, he's got that arrogance about him

20220724_110422.jpg

I think he's going to put some noses out of joint across the media because of how he is but I like that about him. He's a very confident lad and doesn't have a filter which makes him real.

The worst thing you can do is make him angry because you just know he's gonna be an absolute handful. Going to ve interesring to see how some defenders play him.

Edited by Lucas
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

I think he's going to put some noses out of joint across the media because of how he is but I like that about him. He's a very confident lad and doesn't have a filter which makes him real.

The worst thing you can do is make him angry because you just know he's gonna be an absolute handful. Going to ve interesring to see how some defenders play him.

By the looks of it, it doesn't take a lot to make him mad 😂 just not getting a pass when he's in space seems to irritate him. he will be unstoppable if he plays with that anger, he absolutely legally rag dolled Dias last year in the CL charging past him because he was getting frustrated, i've never seen anyone out muscle Dias before, he's too fast and strong for most CB's to handle

Edited by Happy Blue

3 hours ago, Waylander said:

As much as he has great physical prowess he does look a bit unusual, expect some of the fans to find some mocking taunts to try and put him off his game.

Think that would just fire him up to score more goals tbh 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Erling Haaland

Body: Zlatan

Hairstyle: Andy Carroll

Hype: Ronaldo

Expectation: Lewandowski

Predicted Performance: Messi

Reality: Lukaku.. with a little touch of Yakubu.. Spiced with Timo Werner.. & flavoured with a little touch of Benteke. Having Maguire's mentality😏

7 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Name: Erling Haaland

Body: Zlatan

Hairstyle: Andy Carroll

Hype: Ronaldo

Expectation: Lewandowski

Predicted Performance: Messi

Reality: the greatest striker to ever play the game

I agree mate, he will average a goal a game and win the ballon'd or he's 5 star skill's and weak foot with sprint speed of 101, did you like how he rag dolled Robertson? 😂 the kids a freak of nature!