The better place to talk football.

(Group D) - Scotland 0-2 Czech Republic - Monday 14th June, 2021

football forum

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, McAzeem said:

Skilful yes but it's the aesthetic of it that makes them more popular. Technically in the same league as others 

Such as?

It gets hype because it's not every game you see something like that. It's a rare occurrence to even get the opportunity, let alone execute it to how Schick did it with that much power and swerve. 

I think you're hugely underrating it. 

• Administrator

It's not Scotland's day at all. Keeper in inspired form and deflections not falling their way. On another day they've at least level. 

13 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Much like @Devil-Dick Willie thinking Messi's header in the 2009 CL final was "easy". 

This is actually my point. Messi's header would lose out to this goal in most goal of the tournament polls simply because seeing a long ball going is aesthetically more good looking than a header without going in technicalities of it. 

Really, just get Clarke to fuck after this tournament. The Adams sub was a small mercy but everything else has been a disaster.

You've got 5 subs, in an emergency situation, at home, against a side which is on the ropes.

Rather than bring on our best talents and using the energy of the crowd to try and do something special, in a historic game for this generation, he sticks to his old favourites Fraser and McGregor who are both bang out of form. 

With a day like today, you can lose, fair enough. But just completely killing any hope or enjoyment is unforgivable. 

I can forgive a manager like Southgate or Loew making uninspiring choices, because they're under pressure to go deep into tournaments and will get slated for risks that don't pay off.

But all anyone wanted of Clarke was a bit of enjoyment and excitement, and he's honestly did his damnedest to take that away from us. 

2 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I can forgive a manager like Southgate or Loew making uninspiring choices, because they're under pressure to go deep into tournaments and will get slated for risks that don't pay off.

But all anyone wanted of Clarke was a bit or enjoyment and excitement, and he's honestly did his damnedest to take that away from us. 

He’ll defo look at this as a game you coulda won 3-2/4-2

7 minutes ago, Danny said:

He’ll defo look at this as a game you coulda won 3-2/4-2

Definitely, we could have. 

The problem is that Clarke is the kinda personality that will settle for being able say "we made enough chances to win" in hindsight, rather than doing everything he can during the game to try and create as many chances as possible. 

Some people will watch a chance being missed and think "ah well" and some will think "ok, where's the next chance coming from?". Clarke is the former. 

24 minutes ago, McAzeem said:

This is actually my point. Messi's header would lose out to this goal in most goal of the tournament polls simply because seeing a long ball going is aesthetically more good looking than a header without going in technicalities of it. 

I think you are underestimating the 'technical' ability needed to pull off that long ball dink. 

We need to clone McTominay. He's needed in defence and midfield. Kinda expect him to be forced back into defence for the remaining games.

I just can't figure out Jack Hendry. His confidence is completely up and down throughout an entire match, and almost always at the wrong time.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived