talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Saul Niguez Moves to Chelsea on Loan

13 minutes ago, Batard said:

I think Klopp is great, but I don't believe he's really being backed here. Firmino is injured (again) and in general injuries seem to hurt Liverpool exponentially more than their rivals due to the dearth of quality in the squad. 

He seems contempt with what he has and as Mike showed he feels he doesn't need anything. 

Let's see how he feels in January. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

So other side's are making do in their weaker areas or using a player to cover multiple positions like Liverpool are? Glad we agree.

I honestly believe him when he says if the player they really wanted was available at the right price they'd go and get him. Liverpool have eight players to cover three positions in midfield. Why the desperate need for another? We debate how injury prone a couple of those are but it would take another massive freak for Liverpool to be down to the bare bones for a whole season in that position. Shaqiri played 732 minutes in the league in the last two seasons. Hardly someone that needs replacing when you can give his minutes to Elliott or in the cup games someone like Gordon. Some people seem to be assuming that Elliott will only play in midfield this season but I think he'll do a bit of both.

Townsend and Rondon are not better than what we have, don't be ridiculous. Why do Liverpool need Rondon? They have Firmino and Jota to play through the centre. And Salah would play there if you started Elliott on the right. I've said previously that I'd like Liverpool to sign a player for the forward positions but unless this player is of a similar level to Jota who can eventually force himself into the starting eleven, what's the point? Suggesting Townsend and Rondon is pure transfer junkie shit.

You seem to have started to write off Mane and Firmino based on last season. If that's where you're at, that's fine. I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt given everything that went on last season.

Making do? I wouldn’t say Cancelo and VDB at Utd are making do like we are but okay. Something we don’t agree on. 

Rondon up front is definitely a more effective choice than Origi. He may not be as good technically, but in terms of offering us something different, he would do more than a Origi has done, which is very little outside of let’s say 5 big games in 6 years. If you think that’s good enough for Liverpool, then fair enough, but I really don’t. 

Gordon and Elliott are kids, despite how talented they may be. On one hand you’re telling me I’m ridiculous for mentioning Lookman & Townsend, but on the other you’re talking about putting a lot of faith in a lad who was playing in the championship last season. I think Elliott is really talented, and he could turn into a world class player, but right now he is an inexperienced kid at this level and Liverpool hanging their hat on him to contribute in the league and champions league is a lot to ask of the lad. I hope he proves me wrong and has a stormer of a season, but is it so wrong to want more up front. 

You have agreed that we needed one more player of Jota’s level, so why haven’t we went out and gotten that player. We have had Firmino as a shadow of his former self for 18 months at least, and with Mane having a terrible season last year you would have expected that we would have identified plenty of potential players. I’m not having it that we are “waiting for the right one” necessarily, I just think Edwards hasn’t been given the funds to do the deals. 

1 hour ago, Batard said:

I think Klopp is great, but I don't believe he's really being backed here. Firmino is injured (again) and in general injuries seem to hurt Liverpool exponentially more than their rivals due to the dearth of quality in the squad. 

Firmino injured (again)? He's barely ever injured?

Again, people assuming something or just making things up!

Firmino, Mane and Salah very rarely miss a game. Jota on the other hand (who we bought as cover) missed 29 games last season through injury. 

People assume that Klopp isn't being backed but it's him who wants a smaller squad. He has said numerous times that he will never manage a club that just buys success. He said it about Manchester United when they tried to get him, he said it about Bayern when asked and he said he would never manage Barcelona or Real Madrid. 

Where is he going when he leaves Liverpool? Mainz! That is what he has said. 

This bollocks about him not being backed is exactly that.. bollocks.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

He seems contempt with what he has and as Mike showed he feels he doesn't need anything. 

Let's see how he feels in January. 

Exactly! Let's see where we are compared to you lot and City. I've a feeling there will be fuck all in it.

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Firmino, Mane and Salah very rarely miss a game. Jota on the other hand (who we bought as cover) missed 29 games last season through injury. 

People assume that Klopp isn't being backed but it's him who wants a smaller squad. He has said numerous times that he will never manage a club that just buys success. He said it about Manchester United when they tried to get him, he said it about Bayern when asked and he said he would never manage Barcelona or Real Madrid. 

I think Klopp will feel he’s been backed because he’s gotten most of our key players signed to long deals. And we signed the CB he wanted.

But I do think we wanted to bring in a midfielder and striker but just weren’t able to after committing to spending so much on extending contracts.

To me it’s disappointing because he’s the best coach we’ve had in my life with the best squad I’ve seen in my life. Those old Arsenal/United sides never rested on their laurels after winning big titles.

Having said that I don’t think we should be signing some of the names that have been thrown about. Making signings just for the sake of making signings is silly.

Back on topic: I hope Saul ends up being shit

9 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think Klopp will feel he’s been backed because he’s gotten most of our key players signed to long deals. And we signed the CB he wanted.

But I do think we wanted to bring in a midfielder and striker but just weren’t able to after committing to spending so much on extending contracts.

To me it’s disappointing because he’s the best coach we’ve had in my life with the best squad I’ve seen in my life. Those old Arsenal/United sides never rested on their laurels after winning big titles.

Having said that I don’t think we should be signing some of the names that have been thrown about. Making signings just for the sake of making signings is silly.

Back on topic: I hope Saul ends up being shit

We don't need a midfielder, we have plenty. 

I also hope to god that @Rick never ever gets a chance to swap Firmino and Mane for Rondon and Townsend. 

All this shit every transfer window and for what? Because in some peoples OPINION we might be ONE attacking player short? 

And to anyone who thinks FSG haven't backed the club, I will point to nearly all the first 11 been given new long term contracts, a new CB costing nearly £40m, a new training complex, a new extension of Anfield and a new extension of Anfield upcoming.

Jesus christ, we are not PSG and money doesn't grow on trees. Fucking grow up.

3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

We don't need a midfielder, we have plenty. 

I also hope to god that @Rick never ever gets a chance to swap Firmino and Mane for Rondon and Townsend. 

All this shit every transfer window and for what? Because in some peoples OPINION we might be ONE attacking player short? 

I hope Klopp can mold Minamino into that same player that was carving us open for that Fizzy Pop side he was playing for when he did that.

24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Back on topic again though…

Chelsea fans are you concerned at all about how massively he looks to have fallen off at Atletico? 

I guess you wouldn’t be too concerned as he’s only on loan.

A bit, but Tuchel has gotten the best out of all of our midfielders.

Saul was also on a podcast last night stating Simeone was trying to convert him to LB, and that was when Saul said "fuck that shit I'm leaving". Not in those exact words but similar. 

• Subscriber
52 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I would venture to guess in the last decade we've spent very close to the same as you have. "bought success" get outta here xD

47 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Back on topic again though…

Chelsea fans are you concerned at all about how massively he looks to have fallen off at Atletico? 

I guess you wouldn’t be too concerned as he’s only on loan.

Don't be coming in here waving your negativity wand over this move to distract from your own woes and in fighting.. :ph34r:

Seriously though I am not that worried to be honest, Not sure why he is surplus to requirements at Atletico as he can bring a lot to the team so not sure if it was his form, attitude or just simply not getting enough playing time that's brought this about but from a loan point of view we have some decent cover with the potential to become permanent if he exceeds expectations.. If not back he goes. Hoping the new challenge will bring the more positive aspects out of his play here

30 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I would venture to guess in the last decade we've spent very close to the same as you have. "bought success" get outta here xD

Oh come on, everyone knows that Bayern hoover up the best players in Germany by either buying them or tapping them up to sign them for free when contracts run out.

Ask Dortmund!

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Oh come on, everyone knows that Bayern hoover up the best players in Germany by either buying them or tapping them up to sign them for free when contracts run out.

Ask Dortmund!

The typical lazy click bait from non league followers. I know youre better then that.

5 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

The typical lazy click bait from non league followers. I know youre better then that.

It definitely looks that way on the outside. 😅

You just bought the best defender, midfielder, and manager in the league that doesn't play for Bayern. 

4 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Mane and Firmino as much use as a chocolate teapot in a team that finished 3rd with one of the biggest injury crisis ever known?

Fuck me, you really are coming across as a spoilt fucking tinpot fanboy. Seriously.. start 'following' Chelsea or City if you want new player wank banks because you aren't a real fan. 

Stop quoting me just to spout these sort of insults. Me and Mike may disagree but at least he puts his arguments across, unlike yourself who just pops into threads to post this sort of drivel. 

And for what it’s worth, if it wasn’t already clear, I didn’t once say to replace Mane or Firmino with Rondon. i was making an argument for having him ON THE BENCH instead of an Origi, who I think offers very little when he comes off it. People are forgetting what an awkward bastard he can be for defences, especially if it’s for 15/20 minutes against tired centre half’s. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

It definitely looks that way on the outside. 😅

You just bought the best defender, midfielder, and manager in the league that doesn't play for Bayern. 

But i thought we buy all Dortmunds players? and tap up everyone for free? (not replying to you specifically) but yeah,  that certainly doesnt help my arguement but these where actual needs anyways so I wont be arsed there. The Götze signing was the one I could never defend, even not knowing how his career would spiral it just never made sense other then weakening Dortmund at the time.

Meanwhile small indie/hipster club not backed by a billionaire conglomerate is just barely scraping to get by. Anyways you took your cheap shot, I had to respond Ill move on. This topics derailed plenty enough.

3 hours ago, Rick said:

Making do? I wouldn’t say Cancelo and VDB at Utd are making do like we are but okay. Something we don’t agree on. 

Rondon up front is definitely a more effective choice than Origi. He may not be as good technically, but in terms of offering us something different, he would do more than a Origi has done, which is very little outside of let’s say 5 big games in 6 years. If you think that’s good enough for Liverpool, then fair enough, but I really don’t. 

Gordon and Elliott are kids, despite how talented they may be. On one hand you’re telling me I’m ridiculous for mentioning Lookman & Townsend, but on the other you’re talking about putting a lot of faith in a lad who was playing in the championship last season. I think Elliott is really talented, and he could turn into a world class player, but right now he is an inexperienced kid at this level and Liverpool hanging their hat on him to contribute in the league and champions league is a lot to ask of the lad. I hope he proves me wrong and has a stormer of a season, but is it so wrong to want more up front. 

You have agreed that we needed one more player of Jota’s level, so why haven’t we went out and gotten that player. We have had Firmino as a shadow of his former self for 18 months at least, and with Mane having a terrible season last year you would have expected that we would have identified plenty of potential players. I’m not having it that we are “waiting for the right one” necessarily, I just think Edwards hasn’t been given the funds to do the deals. 

I completely disagree that any of the players you mentioned are an upgrade on what we have. Waste of time.

It's worth giving kids like Elliott the minutes instead of bringing any of the names you mentioned in because Liverpool will reap the benefits long term. There has to be pathway to the first team for these kids. Bringing in any of the names you've suggested blocks that.

You're not having that we're waiting for the right one but there's plenty of evidence that Liverpool do just that. They've done it previously and the managers words suggest it also.

If you want to have a worst case scenario in your head with regards to the attack then yeah, not signing someone of the profile of Jota could come back to bite them. You can't continue to think the worst though. Liverpool would have to be the victim of a freak injury crisis for it to be a problem this season. 

I've said before, I'd like to see them bringing someone into the front three as competition by the end of next summer but I don't think not doing so right now really affects what they're capable of doing this season. 

Archived