talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

You are young, stick in there as Education is very important nowadays, I remember arriving in Australia when I was young and just could not hack school once I went to High School, when I was just 14 my mother dragged me into the bathroom to get ready for school as I was refusing to go but I climbed out of the bathroom window and just run away from home for about 2 days until the police eventually found me.

I was still a problem not going to school so my mum & dad just gave up trying and I started work when I was 14 and as the years rolled on I regretted not getting a proper education as a lot of good jobs then you needed school certificates, that's why I joined the army and as I could type I became a regimental clerk and gained certificates, when I left the army I found it easy to get a job and over the years I had worked myself up to become a building manager which I had for years until I retired 5 years ago.

I was lucky when I married Liz as she did have a good education and when we had our two kids we made sure they got their education which they did and ended up at college, so never give up on your education and try and get as many certificates as you can.

When I was 41 and got made redundant from a job I registered for a college course compliments of the DHSS and gained myself a small diploma which to this day is sitting in my CV folder in the bedroom closet, our son & daughter were ready to go to college then and I showed them the certificate to spur them on and said "See...your old man has got a Dip before you two..." they both went to college and got about 5 certificates each.

Where there is a will there is a way. ;)

20191007_175721.jpg.10a25c17680a3f521cf3d660e18234c6.jpg

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber

I agree that education is important but it also depends on what you're studying. A lot of degrees nowadays are essentially useless - either because of the subject matter (shite like "gender studies") or lack of a viable job market now or in the near future so it turns out to be a waste of time and money.

• Upvote 1

Deciding to just leave college for now. It’s not for me. Either I can’t sit through the 4 hours in class or I just get overwhelmed by the other people in there even if I don’t talk to them. Just too anxious. Fighting a losing battle.

16 hours ago, Grizzly21 said:

Deciding to just leave college for now. It’s not for me. Either I can’t sit through the 4 hours in class or I just get overwhelmed by the other people in there even if I don’t talk to them. Just too anxious. Fighting a losing battle.

All the best mate. Health and well-being is more important than a bit of paper with a qualification on. 

• Subscriber

Bloody hell, how time flies, that's 2 letters arrived for me and the wife from the Docs reminding us of our yearly flu jabs which are due, made an appointment for Sat 26th Oct and get them out of the way with, I can suffer a cold but the flu would knock me for six years ago without a flu jab.   

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spelling corrections

• Subscriber

I like this, it's unusual and eyecatching.  :x

Quote.thumb.png.c4af3eb50b9b50db4106152a0a6d7712.png

Saudi artist’s unique portrait of Princess Diana goes viral

AAIzaWE.img?h=563&w=750&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

© Provided by Gulf News REG 191003 Saudi artist Diana-1570687383007

Khobar: With her trademark feathered blonde hair and unforgettable smile, the late Princess Diana is literally sparkling in a stunning new portrait that has gone viral.

Made entirely of beads, Swarovski crystals and buttons, the unique artwork has been viewed over 100,000 times on Twitter and liked by thousands on Instagram-- but the artist herself is not all too surprised.

FULL REPORT

43 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’m currently on Zapain for my shoulder. Now that AND Cherry Coke is a beautiful combination.

Codeine's in that shite, so watch out with drinking on it. Or if you're an alcoholic: Zapain helps you get drunk quicker.

But it's also quite habit forming mixing codeine with drinking, so still be careful.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Codeine's in that shite, so watch out with drinking on it. Or if you're an alcoholic: Zapain helps you get drunk quicker.

But it's also quite habit forming mixing codeine with drinking, so still be careful.

No wonder I was fucked up as cooter brown last night..  8 tall boys and 3 mixed cups of that purple 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

It’s cherry coke mate. I’m blitzed enough as it is when I take it, so wouldn’t dream of adding alcohol to the mix. I don’t even take it before driving.

2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s cherry coke mate. I’m blitzed enough as it is when I take it, so wouldn’t dream of adding alcohol to the mix. I don’t even take it before driving.

Yeah definitely do not take that shit before driving mate

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

Headline this morning is that Jamie being the mature adult he is has decided to unfollow Wayne... sad fuckers

What a load of bollock :rofl: that's like a pack of school kiddies in the playground arguing over a bag of sweets and picking sides.    

On 11/10/2019 at 22:39, Cicero said:

You’re going to kill yourself 

Heavy drinking, codeine, blow/adderall, and cigs are sure as hell gonna speed it up. I'm slowly getting away from all of it but codeine and beer is by far the hardest.. I just need to settle with green and I'll be okay. 

P.s. started talking to this fine ass blondie and everything was going great till she sent me a snap from the hospital.... she has lupus and loves to drink...is God starting a race to see who kicks it first ?  I thought about doing my famous disappearing act but I dont want to look like an asshole but I HATE HOSPITALS. 

• Administrator
22 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Anyone else fed up of hearing about this ridiculous IASFW saga between Colleen Rooney and Rebecka Vardy or is it just me??? 

Headline this morning is that Jamie being the mature adult he is has decided to unfollow Wayne... sad fuckers

It's not even news mate. How it made national news is indicative of society these days lapping up WAGs lives more than their own. Load of shite all round. 

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

In other news, at Majorca airport and see a family with 2 kids. 

One with a Liverpool top on. 

The other with a Man Utd top on. 

Their parents are in for a rough ride as the kids get older... 

• Upvote 1