talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah I mean considering what you and @Lucas have just said, plus some links that my fiancé's texted me about whiplash and how long it takes to feel the effect of it and the seriousness of it... fuck it, I'm going to be filing that claim. Just gotta go to a doctor today or tomorrow.

My advice would be that you have to cover your ass in these situations and I may be thinking quite presumptuously here but I think quite a few people wouldn't hesitate to claim if they could.

Maybe see how you feel next couple days before all the insurance companies get involved and your head clears.

It might be worth checking up with the doctor too to give you the once over. Sometimes once adrenalin has gone, the pain came come out later so be cautious of that as your gf rightly said.

Got to look after yourself in this world.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
53 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

It is October and Halloween after all... 

Bloody hell, its nearly that time of the year again and I would imagine the wife will be doing the normal as usual and go out and buy a load of sweets, bag them and wait for 'Trick or Treaters' knocking at the door, mind you, the last two years it has been pretty quiet for T&Ts, and lots of bags of sweets left over for our grandsons. 

• Subscriber
Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Bloody hell, its nearly that time of the year again and I would imagine the wife will be doing the normal as usual and go out and buy a load of sweets, bag them and wait for 'Trick or Treaters' knocking at the door, mind you, the last two years it has been pretty quiet for T&Ts, and lots of bags of sweets left over for our grandsons. 

I bought loads of sweets last year and didn't get any trick or treaters at all! Doesn't seem to be a 'cool' thing to do anymore. The youths would rather cause havoc by smashing in car windows and stuff instead.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

I bought loads of sweets last year and didn't get any trick or treaters at all! Doesn't seem to be a 'cool' thing to do anymore. The youths would rather cause havoc by smashing in car windows and stuff instead.

Same here really it's been pretty quiet the last two years, a couple of years back we had 3 young ones knock at our flat door asking for money for Halloween, the wife told them no, and next time call with your parents and gave them sweets instead, never saw them again after that, the same as Guy Fawkes or Christmas Carol singers, if they are with adults that we recognise then we will give them dosh. 

19 hours ago, Lucas said:

My advice would be that you have to cover your ass in these situations and I may be thinking quite presumptuously here but I think quite a few people wouldn't hesitate to claim if they could.

Maybe see how you feel next couple days before all the insurance companies get involved and your head clears.

It might be worth checking up with the doctor too to give you the once over. Sometimes once adrenalin has gone, the pain came come out later so be cautious of that as your gf rightly said.

Got to look after yourself in this world.

Visited the doctor yesterday as Spurs were collapsing in the second half vs Bayern - filed the claim just now. Cheers for looking out for your pal Dr. Gonzo

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Visited the doctor yesterday as Spurs were collapsing in the second half vs Bayern - filed the claim just now. Cheers for looking out for your pal Dr. Gonzo

No worries fella. Good luck getting it all sorted.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pyfish said:

I hated it when I got sweets, I only wanted the money myself xD

Agreed to go to Birmingham with the girlfriend while she does a work course thing on a Sunday. I agreed thinking I could get tickets to Wolves v Sheff Utd, however, I’ve just realised that it’s going to be pretty hard to get tickets to, so now I potentially have most of a day to kill in Birmingham. I now have to pray Walsall, Coventry and Solihull make it to the 2nd Round of the FA Cup and one plays on the Sunday. 

35 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Agreed to go to Birmingham with the girlfriend while she does a work course thing on a Sunday. I agreed thinking I could get tickets to Wolves v Sheff Utd, however, I’ve just realised that it’s going to be pretty hard to get tickets to, so now I potentially have most of a day to kill in Birmingham. I now have to pray Walsall, Coventry and Solihull make it to the 2nd Round of the FA Cup and one plays on the Sunday. 

Well I'm hoping that one of the 3 makes it to the 2nd round & gets a Sunday match, so you get to go to one of those and kill your day with the Brummies the way you'd want to kill the day as opposed to just spending it sat in some pub.

21617587_10211318511252829_1983310885918

The Iowa hawkeyes built that hospital for sick children only... during the end of every 1st quarter, the fans turn around and wave at the kids and family and as a neutral it brings joy to see those innocent kids waving back and having a smile, like they haven't in a while and to some it may be the last big cheese smile they have a chance to enjoy, that is worth the ticket price itself  . Not being a pro sports enables college sports to have a deeper connection with fans than just with their money. The opposing team putting the score to the side and allowing a blind player to hold the ball for a kicker or allowing a five time cancer survivor be the designated holder for the place kicker makes all fans of the sport love it even more. The atmosphere while playing metallica's enter sandman as the whole stadium is being shaken by all the home fans as virginia tech enters the field and the navy versus army game are part of my bucket list. 

I enjoyed the MLS game i attended and although it was packed with many loyal fans... a good portion is there for the city of Atlanta and not necessarily the team and most big cities have fans like that. Maybe one or two generations of passionate MLS fans will start creating a connection that will pave the way but college football is the closest thing to what football means to the rest of the world.. 

Edited by Teso dos Bichos
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Subscriber

How are we all? 

Lot's happened for me in the last few months. Been very hectic! Split with the ex then one of the MD's at work asked me to go and help run another department for an interim period. A department i had no previous experience of. And it's actually been really good. Learnt a lot! And kept my mind busy when it needed to be!

P.S - Sorry @Toinho for missing the Question a member. Been completely inactive from the forums.

Edited by JOSHBRFC

2 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

How are we all? 

Lot's happened for me in the last few months. Been very hectic! Split with the ex then one of the MD's at work asked me to go and help run another department for an interin period. A department i had no previous experience of. And it's actually been really good. Learnt a lot! And kept my mind busy when it needed to be!

P.S - Sorry @Toinho for missing the Question a member. Been completely inactive from the forums.

Hope you’re all good mate - and no worries at all...fancy going next week?

Edited by Toinho

I am going through a rough patch despite the good news above this post.

I've gone back into college a month ago, and honestly am hugely struggling. Education is not for me, and I really think I should wait a bit cos I'm still young and honestly my attention span is way too low at the moment. I can't complete a class properly. Homework isn't too much of an issue but time passes quickly for me.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

I am going through a rough patch despite the good news above this post.

I've gone back into college a month ago, and honestly am hugely struggling. Education is not for me, and I really think I should wait a bit cos I'm still young and honestly my attention span is way too low at the moment. I can't complete a class properly. Homework isn't too much of an issue but time passes quickly for me.

How old are you buddy if you don't mind me asking, you might have mentioned it in @Toinho's Question a Member thread but I can't be arsed trying to look it up? 

2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

How old are you buddy if you don't mind me asking, you might have mentioned it in @Toinho's Question a Member thread but I can't be arsed trying to look it up? 

On 03/10/2019 at 03:17, Teso dos Bichos said:

21617587_10211318511252829_1983310885918

The Iowa Buckeyes built that hospital for sick children only... during the end of every 1st quarter, the fans turn around and wave at the kids and family and as a neutral it brings joy to see those innocent kids waving back and having a smile, like they haven't in a while and to some it may be the last big cheese smile they have a chance to enjoy, that is worth the ticket price itself  . Not being a pro sports enables college sports to have a deeper connection with fans than just with their money. The opposing team putting the score to the side and allowing a blind player to hold the ball for a kicker or allowing a five time cancer survivor be the designated holder for the place kicker makes all fans of the sport love it even more. The atmosphere while playing metallica's enter sandman as the whole stadium is being shaken by all the home fans as virginia tech enters the field and the navy versus army game are part of my bucket list. 

I enjoyed the MLS game i attended and although it was packed with many loyal fans... a good portion is there for the city of Atlanta and not necessarily the team and most big cities have fans like that. Maybe one or two generations of passionate MLS fans will start creating a connection that will pave the way but college football is the closest thing to what football means to the rest of the world.. 

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, it is so cool to watch this, and it's a fantastic gesture by the Iowa HAWKEYES. 

(For those that don't understand the joke, the Ohio State BUCKEYES are one of Iowa's Rivals.)

3 minutes ago, Eco said:

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, it is so cool to watch this, and it's a fantastic gesture by the Iowa HAWKEYES. 

(For those that don't understand the joke, the Ohio State BUCKEYES are one of Iowa's Rivals.)

Lmao 😂 thanks for pointing out my mistake, finally I get to experience that feeling for the first time. 

• Haha 1