talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

1 hour ago, nudge said:

New garden project underway? :D 

Sadly no... I appreciate that this does severely weaken my chances of holding on to my post of the year title but with my daughter moving out finally and helping my other daughter out with her new car all projects for the garden had to be shelved as money got diverted elsewhere.. I am also being told that the house is in need of a revamp as well so if there are any projects at all to be completed they will be indoor ones and will not stretch my skills in the slightest.. only my patience probably

Had a boring leaking pipe under the bath this week that needed fixing and that's done now and some shelves to put up in the airing cupboard which I will start tomorrow.. I am afraid that's about it, my talents will amount to a few brushstrokes, holding a scraper and maybe mixing up some wallpaper paste.. The missus will probably catch me looking out of the window into the garden often as I daydream about what might have been... 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Sadly no... I appreciate that this does severely weaken my chances of holding on to my post of the year title but with my daughter moving out finally and helping my other daughter out with her new car all projects for the garden had to be shelved as money got diverted elsewhere.. I am also being told that the house is in need of a revamp as well so if there are any projects at all to be completed they will be indoor ones and will not stretch my skills in the slightest.. only my patience probably

Had a boring leaking pipe under the bath this week that needed fixing and that's done now and some shelves to put up in the airing cupboard which I will start tomorrow.. I am afraid that's about it, my talents will amount to a few brushstrokes, holding a scraper and maybe mixing up some wallpaper paste.. The missus will probably catch me looking out of the window into the garden often as I daydream about what might have been... 

Still sounds like a working holiday xD 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Still sounds like a working holiday xD 

The house will take a few months if what I am hearing is to be believed... Now that Leelah the 'destroyer' has moved out she said and I quote "It needs doing from top to bottom" she wants the lot doing, every single room including carpets.. 

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

The house will take a few months if what I am hearing is to be believed... Now that Leelah the 'destroyer' has moved out she said and I quote "It needs doing from top to bottom" she wants the lot doing, every single room including carpets.. 

Look at the bright side though - it's nice to feel needed... :D 

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

A 4 year old telling me off in my own house??? 

We get that with wee Kaiden who turns 6 this Tuesday, bought him this Wigwam, it sits in the corner of the lounge and if we tell him off for being naughty he will get the 'hump' go into his Wigwam and close the flap and play with his Star War toys for ages. xD

D8CPg5qTPAwQSJT9p_u2d1LxFAYJm_SgaqAN_inu

XlME3P_asHtN3BpjQGyR-MSqcpRnE7lRSNmMCeNT

Edited by CaaC (John)
  • Haha 1

I didn't know where to put this and as far as I'm concerned it deserves more exposure than just this thread... But I decided against creating a thread that could address such issues surrounding  the worst of human traits and starting it with this one.

But it is Sunday morning and what better day for me to get emotional about the more marvellous moments in human kindness and understanding.

• Subscriber

@Harry @Toinho @Spike any feedback's on this?

Quote.thumb.png.d6d63456888b6abbcb310a2e0f9c4b19.png

Moment 'fireball' meteor 'size of a football' lights up the night sky over southern Australia

VIDEO

download.thumb.png.875bed2c733dc5cd33e922cb0b597975.png

A ‘fireball’ meteor has lit up the skies and caused a clap of thunder over southern Australia.

Residents from Tasmania and Victoria shared footage of the object that flew across the horizon just before 8.30 pm Saturday AEST (11.30 am BST).

Video shows the night sky lit up by a bright light as the meteor passes overhead with a tail trailing behind, and lasting only a few seconds.

Experts believe it was a “fireball” meteor, which may have been the size of a football.

Astronomer Martin George from the Queen Victoria Museum's Planetarium told the Australian Broadcasting Corporation when the meteor faded from view it would have only been 12 to 18 miles above the earth’s surface.

AAHDDMj.img?h=533&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

"We think this object was at least about the size of a soccer ball; it may have been larger," he said.

"We are certainly talking about a significant event, something that we don't often see."

Adrian from Mole Creek told the broadcaster he heard what “sounded like thunder” and a vivid light.

"I was outside and it was all nice and dark and suddenly the backyard lit up, like a helicopter going over with a spotlight, quite low," he said.

"The front of it was orange and had a really long whitetail. It was pretty quiet going over but about 20 seconds later we heard the rumble."

Dominic McAlinden said he expected an explosion.

"Night turned to day, and a blue-and-white streak turned red and orange as it burnt up," he said.

Victor was driving in northern Tasmania when "just out of the corner of my eye to the east I saw what appeared to be like a skyrocket shooting down to the ground".

"It appeared to be only half a kilometre away. I was very surprised to hear it was so far away because it appeared [to be] within several hundred metres."

While in Victoria, Rachel Kazakis said: "It was amazing! I honestly thought we were all goners!".

Others wondered if the meteor was “the aliens” seeking revenge for the supposed secrets at Area 51, a once-secret military base that was “stormed” this weekend by alien hunters.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/moment-fireball-meteor-size-of-a-football-lights-up-night-sky-over-southern-australia/ar-AAHDExn?li=BBoPWjQ

My nan is in the hospital, not looking good, I feel the anxiety and stress of the world bearing down on me, I don’t think I could forgive myself I can’t see her again. It is especially cruel because I was planning on surprising her with a visit in February. I wanted to be there with her on my birthday and pop’s passing day. A very ambivalent day for her.

Not looking for any pity or anything like that, I just needed to vent and it is easier on here with relative anonymity than anywhere else

Edited by Spike
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Spike said:

My nan is in the hospital, not looking good, I feel the anxiety and stress of the world bearing down on me, I don’t think I could forgive myself I can’t see her again. It is especially cruel because I was planning on surprising her with a visit in February. I wanted to be there with her on my birthday and pop’s passing day. A very ambivalent day for her.

Not looking for any pity or anything like that, I just needed to vent and it is easier on here with relative anonymity than anywhere else

Sad to hear that @Spike, sounds like you and your nan are very close, keep your chin up buddy and I hope she gets better. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Sorry to hear about that mate... 

• Administrator
6 hours ago, SirBalon said:

O.o

Great positioning of the header. Gave himself enough time to get back in goal...

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Sorry to hear this mate. Hope she pulls through...