talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
15 hours ago, Spike said:

Just got an emial for an interview for a position I can't remember.

3 hours ago, Khan of TF365 said:

My friend once got a rejection email for a job he applied two years ago. 

I got an email from America saying I had won $2 Million Dollars and asking for bank details etc.:coffee:

• Subscriber

I'm off the Isle of Man today for the first time since October 2019. Just wandering around some of my favourite spots in Liverpool while I wait for my hotel check in to open later on. Even in the rain, a special and beautiful city.

• Upvote 1

Anyone done a cruciate or collateral ligament before(my self-diagnosis)? I won’t have it confirmed for a week or so but fuck me what a nightmare. Literally 2 minutes into my football game last night turned and knee “snapped”. Worst thing is I can’t help out with the babies at home as I can’t stand or walk. Life hey. 

Edited by Toinho

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Anyone done a cruciate or collateral ligament before(my self-diagnosis)? I won’t have it confirmed for a week or so but fuck me what a nightmare. Literally 2 minutes into my football game last night turned and knee “snapped”. Worst thing is I can’t help out with the babies at home as I can’t stand or walk. Life hey. 

I've partially torn my ACL ages and ages ago (school years). Studs got stuck in the ground as I was tackled. Knee went with the momentum of the tackle as my foot was stuck.

It's fucking horrible.

I was taken to A&E for x-rays and I think you should definitely get it checked out. It's something you'd want diagnosed and treated correctly so as not to cause further issues in the future. Was on crutches for about a week and rested it for a few months, no sport or anything. Didn't have physio or anything but did exercises at home when it felt better. 

In fact just thinking about when it happened it's making me queasy. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

I've partially torn my ACL ages and ages ago (school years). Studs got stuck in the ground as I was tackled. Knee went with the momentum of the tackle as my foot was stuck.

It's fucking horrible.

I was taken to A&E for x-rays and I think you should definitely get it checked out. It's something you'd want diagnosed and treated correctly so as not to cause further issues in the future. Was on crutches for about a week and rested it for a few months, no sport or anything. Didn't have physio or anything but did exercises at home when it felt better. 

In fact just thinking about when it happened it's making me queasy. 

Yep already had an X-ray all thst ruled out was a break. Have a MRI next Friday. Will also book a physio soon too. 

4 hours ago, Toinho said:

Sounds nasty... still, gets you out of the hoovering 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Toinho said:

Your mrs cast a black magic spell on you 'this is get the bastard for having a hobby'. Now you have no choice but to babysit the children.

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

Your mrs cast a black magic spell on you 'this is get the bastard for having a hobby'. Now you have no choice but to babysit the children.

This ignores the fact that sick or injured men are actually worse than babies and she'll have to babysit him now, too 🤔

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Spike said:

I’m very frustrated and a bit depressed at the moment. The annoying thing is I can’t actually help with the babies, except hold one while I sit down but sitting down is a struggle!  I wasn’t even going to play football this year but she let me ha. Pretty sure that’s me done for a while though !

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Toinho said:

I’m very frustrated and a bit depressed at the moment. The annoying thing is I can’t actually help with the babies, except hold one while I sit down but sitting down is a struggle!  I wasn’t even going to play football this year but she let me ha. Pretty sure that’s me done for a while though !

Aw mate, I am real sorry to hear that, I know that feeling of helplessness. On recovery maybe pick up a less strenuous sport? Cricket or softball could be good and I imagine there are opportunities like that in the Perth area.

I’m thinking lawn bowls actually. Me and you can tear up the Oldies circuit and tour Australia, we can feature Devil Dick as the supersub after we’ve had too many schooeys.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Aw mate, I am real sorry to hear that, I know that feeling of helplessness. On recovery maybe pick up a less strenuous sport? Cricket or softball could be good and I imagine there are opportunities like that in the Perth area.

I’m thinking lawn bowls actually. Me and you can tear up the Oldies circuit and tour Australia, we can feature Devil Dick as the supersub after we’ve had too many schooeys.

Haha mate would be so keen for lawn bowls 

14 hours ago, Toinho said:

Haha mate would be so keen for lawn bowls 

I'll make it sure to happen when McGowan opens up the borders to foreigners in a decade. Besides I have to pay my respects to that Bon Scott statue in Freemantle and Kim Beazly

8 hours ago, Spike said:

@Toinhois the housing market in Perth as bad as it is in Sydney? I've been seeing that it's nigh impossible to get affordable housing. What about Fremantle?

Sydney is a nightmare isn’t it? I mean we bought end of last year for under half a million, 4 by 2, 700m2, 25 minutes from the CBD. 

Fremantle is quite expensive though, I love Freo, but it’s older and yeh just expensive! I believe median price is $900,000 odd whereas for Perth as a whole $500,000 (last time I read).