talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

Just now, Tommy said:

The funny thing is, it started as an April Fools tweet. I wish it stayed that way. 

It gets worse.. you can't see it in the picture but it comes with 2 types of dip.. The classic and much loved Garlic & Herb and now the new Seafood dressing dip... 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Went to see Dave Chappelle on the weekend, hes still the goat, man hes just so good. Jeff Ross opened up and he was absolutely savage, also did an audience volunteer roast on stage. Great night overall.

One side bar but this is the first time Ive ever seen or heard of this. The venue was Rogers Arena (Canucks home rink) and as you where going in one by one they ushered everyone through a booth where they wrote down your seats, section number and info because they locked our phones into a soft pouch with those like department store security pins so you cant take it out until you leave and they unlock it or they had designated areas fenced off to let people use them in the concourse. I dont know if this is going to become the norm for concerts or if its just comedy shows. Were going to Bill Burr in June next so Ill see if they do it again. We were early enough it wasnt an issue but show was supposed to start at 8 I think Jeff Ross came out to open at nearly 8:45 and the arena was still maybe only half capacity. 

• Wow 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

they locked our phones into a soft pouch with those like department store security pins so you cant take it out until you leave and they unlock it or they had designated areas fenced off to let people use them in the concourse.

That sounds strange. What if there's an emergency in your family or something and someone has to reach you asap? 

Anyway, I'm jelly that you got to see Dave Chapelle and that you are going to see Bill Burr too! I like them both but Bill is probably my favourite. 

• Like 1

Went to see Dave Chappelle on the weekend, hes still the goat, man hes just so good. Jeff Ross opened up and he was absolutely savage, also did an audience volunteer roast on stage. Great night overall.

One side bar but this is the first time Ive ever seen or heard of this. The venue was Rogers Arena (Canucks home rink) and as you where going in one by one they ushered everyone through a booth where they wrote down your seats, section number and info because they locked our phones into a soft pouch with those like department store security pins so you cant take it out until you leave and they unlock it or they had designated areas fenced off to let people use them in the concourse. I dont know if this is going to become the norm for concerts or if its just comedy shows. Were going to Bill Burr in June next so Ill see if they do it again. We were early enough it wasnt an issue but show was supposed to start at 8 I think Jeff Ross came out to open at nearly 8:45 and the arena was still maybe only half capacity. 

It's Dave Chapelle's personal requirement for shows.

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

That sounds strange. What if there's an emergency in your family or something and someone has to reach you asap? 

Anyway, I'm jelly that you got to see Dave Chapelle and that you are going to see Bill Burr too! I like them both but Bill is probably my favourite. 

Are you a compulsive phone checker? I wouldn't have a problem not having a phone for the rest of my life if it were feasible

• Upvote 2

A lot of big acts do something similar in America I believe, but generally big acts will just have onsite security who will take phones or people out of the venue.

I was sat next to a group of very loud 20 somethings at a cafe the other day in Brisbane. They were going on about shit, on and on, it was impossible to drown out. They eventually spoke about the screen time reports on Apple phones. They couldn't believe one of their friends only has an average of 30 minutes a day, saying their times get as high as four hours and six hours a day. I couldn't believe it. My lowest is around 15 minutes and highest I think was about 45 minutes a day. Blows my mind.