talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 2-1 Leeds - Sunday 21st November, 2021

football forums

• Administrator

Kick-off 16.30

Live on Sky Sports

dcx8hug-6bbdc9f9-c40f-44d3-a073-a5350a65       VS     1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
08/05/2021 - Leeds 3-1 Tottenham
02/01/2021 - Tottenham 3-0 Leeds
27/01/2013 - Leeds 2-1 Tottenham (FA Cup)

Recent Form
Tottenham - DWLWL
Leeds - DWLDL

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No Raphinha

No Rodrigo

No Bamford

No Ayling

No Koch

Firpo only fit enough for bench

Forshaw starting only his 2nd game in 2 years.

19 year old Joe Gelhardt up front and a bench of infants plus Tyler 'Harvey Price' Roberts.

This is going to be mega ugly.

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Lucas said:

No Raphinha

No Rodrigo

No Bamford

No Ayling

No Koch

Firpo only fit enough for bench

Forshaw starting only his 2nd game in 2 years.

19 year old Joe Gelhardt up front and a bench of infants plus Tyler 'Harvey Price' Roberts.

This is going to be mega ugly.

Doesn't look that way so far.

• Administrator

Spurs look abysmal. No creativity through the middle and so easy to defend against.

Slow. Meandering. Not enough movement off the ball. Playing the wrong passes. 

Also Emerson Royal is so uncomfortable as a right wing back I can't see him lasting under Conte based on that performance. 

Very frustrating to come out of that with absolutely nothing. All things considered, a surprisingly good performance from us with nothing to show for it.

Spurs raised their game second half after a shambolic first half which was to be expected but it was hardly like we weren't in it ourselves, they just managed to score two scrappy goals at pivotal points. 

I do feel like we created several good openings but we lacked that major bit of quality where it counted. Annoying because thats a few times we get ourselves into positions to win a game and cannot finish sides off. Just pissing away points really.

Bad luck with injuries, bad luck on the pitch (The winner comes from a deflected free kick and the perfect rebound off the post to Reguillon) that when your in tough moments, these things seem to clock up and go against you.

Need some players back soon fingers crossed because we have absolute arsehole fixtures in December and that will not be happy days.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Batard said:

Spurs look abysmal. No creativity through the middle and so easy to defend against.

Slow. Meandering. Not enough movement off the ball. Playing the wrong passes. 

Also Emerson Royal is so uncomfortable as a right wing back I can't see him lasting under Conte based on that performance. 

And just like that they win! 

Dreadful first half.

Must have been a hell of a half time team talk 

Pretty good second. Intensity was there and we looked a threat every time we went forward. Should have scored more tbh.

Deserved the win but you can really see why Leeds are in trouble, especially with so many players missing. No cutting edge up front at all and look shaky at the back bar Phillips who was excellent 

• The title was changed to Tottenham 2-1 Leeds - Sunday 21st November, 2021
2 hours ago, shut up said:

Do Conte teams always give up so much of the ball? I can't remember his teams being this bad.

Yes, it can happen, I used to get frustrated with it in his second season. The football in the first season was mostly very good but I think a lot of the time most teams didn't know how to react to the system and tactics and by the time they did get used to it we already had the momentum and we were able to put in that extra effort to get over the line in the title win. Matches did get increasingly harder that season. His system is the same movements over and over again and the forward players are allowed extra freedom with the protection and solid base they have behind them. For us it was Hazard, Costa and Pedro who would win us games with individual brilliance. The system is defensively very tight but in attack it's the same playing patterns over and over, with chances coming through those patterns or if not moments of individual quality with the front three combining. We'd also win and kill some games on the counter. The football overall isn't that great. 

This was second season...

Man City 1-0 Chelsea: 'Antonio Conte tactics terrible to watch

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/43282199

35 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Probably the most angry I ever was at a manager after a defeat. 

He utterly gave up. Went in there prepared to lose. 

Yeah, it was annoying. It wasn't just the tactics but an accumulation of things he had done that season in the media or in previous games.

I don't want to be too selective though, you go back to the same game the season before and we won 3-1, counter attacking football at its best. I think looking at the managers available and the age of the likes of Kane etc, Conte makes sense for Spurs, short term, clear system and a good motivator. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived