• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

Daniel Alves to Leave Juve

Recommended Posts

Pep following the School of David Moyes and signing all the players that played for him when he was actually successful :ph34r:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Yeah their existing full backs are too old. Great move from Pep....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Regardless of age, Alves is still one of the best 'footballers' on the planet. Can instantly improve any side considering his intelligence with the ball. Link up play, passing, finishing, etc. Messi benefited from Alves more so than he did with Xavi and Iniesta. 

Absolutely mad we aren't going in for him. At most Can give us two solid years. 

Still, only player I hope we get from Juve is Sandro. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So.... Zab, Clichy, Kolarov, and Sagna are over the hill and too old so they replace with Dani Alves.... sure why not...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think perhaps Guardiola didn't articulate himself as he Intended. He wants atheletic fullbacks who are fit enough to get up and down the pitch for 90 minutes, the problem is he decided to use age as an excuse for his current crop when he what he really meant was "not good enough". However he has a passive aggressive streak to him, see Deco, Ronaldinho, Eto'o, Ibrahimovic, Hart etc etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dani Alves would be a fantastic stop-gap solution Right Back for just £5m. Still probably the best Right Back in the world at the age of 34 and he's a very seasoned and experienced player, having won it all at Barcelona on multiple occasions and nearly doing it at Juventus too. It would definitely be a fantastic piece of business for City.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a brilliant move by Man City to be able to acquire Dani Alves' services.  He's a wonderful footballer, a massive character (sometimes too outspoken) and the best right-back in the world right now.

He isn't going to last long but he is an athlete and is in wonderful physical condition which means that he will give City the time to plan ahead for the future to acquire a long-term replacement (nothing easy in that particular position right now).

Guardiola has worked with him in the past so he knows him well and will understand perfectly well how to handle such a character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aguero----Jesus

Silva

Sanchez------DeBruyne---Sterling

Sane------------------------------B.Silva------------------------------Alves

Gundogan-------Fabinho

Ederson

 

Looks about right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Aubameyang

Aguero------Jesus

Sanchez------DeBruyne---Sterling

Sane-----------Silva---------B.Silva-----------Walker

Ederson

 

Looks about right. 

That's extremely unbalanced.  Obviously you're not adding Dani Alves to the lineup, but that looks like suicide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

That's extremely unbalanced.  Obviously you're not adding Dani Alves to the lineup, but that looks like suicide.

I'm taking the piss mate. Obviously Guardiola did that sort of stuff in Spain and Germany, and based on these transfer rumors I'd be hilarious if this is how he'd line them up considering it would be chaotic to give game time to all of them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

I'm taking the piss mate. Obviously Guardiola did that sort of stuff in Spain and Germany, and based on these transfer rumors I'd be hilarious if this is how he'd line them up considering it would be chaotic to give game time to all of them. 

You probably don't remember Osvaldo Ardiles' Spurs side as coach (great footballer himself)...  At the time when he became manager there were various jokes going around about playing 6 up front...  He actually did do that at times.  xD

On a serious note...  Many people don't seem to see the massive job needed at man City.  In my opinion they have many issues to resolve and I can't see them doing it in one transfer window.  I would be amazed if they create something of a reasonable nature for what they want to achieve which is to win the Champions League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Dani Alves published this on his Instagram account and I thought it was quite powerful to be honest.  He has gone back to Brazil for his holidays and in that time he's visited the house where he was born and lived the early part of his childhood...  The picture is the in the bedroom where he used to sleep.  With things like these you almost begin to understand why some players are so conditioned by life's hardships that they then go onto make certain decisions for money.  What they see their parents live through to bring up their children most of us will never know I would say.

Anyway...  While Juventus and his agent sort out his future, he's published this.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

Be a great signing with walker 

If City were to sign both, obviously Alves would be the first teamer, wouldn't he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SirBalon said:

 

Dani Alves published this on his Instagram account and I thought it was quite powerful to be honest.  He has gone back to Brazil for his holidays and in that time he's visited the house where he was born and lived the early part of his childhood...  The picture is the in the bedroom where he used to sleep.  With things like these you almost begin to understand why some players are so conditioned by life's hardships that they then go onto make certain decisions for money.  What they see their parents live through to bring up their children most of us will never know I would say.

Anyway...  While Juventus and his agent sort out his future, he's published this.

Woah, he used to sleep on a rock?, that's rough man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He was that poor he was forced to grow up in black and white? Christ, I take colour for granted.

xD

On a serious note though, the use of B/W is part of what makes it powerful and pictures as they say, tell a thousand words.  I would expect his life was monotone in certain aspects when making comparisons and for me the ruffed up hair with his facial expression has also connotations of a political message within his own country too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Woah, he used to sleep on a rock?, that's rough man!

I've seen beds like that in very old houses up in the mountains in Galicia mate.  Infact in my grandparents house lost in the Galician mountains the base of the bed was made of a type of stone and then a mattress with the filling made of straw I've been told was the soft part to sleep on.

Infact that picture (the room) reminds me a lot of that as a child when going to visit my grandparents on summer holidays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I've seen beds like that in very old houses up in the mountains in Galicia mate.  Infact in my grandparents house lost in the Galician mountains the base of the bed was made of a type of stone and then a mattress with the filling made of straw I've been told was the soft part to sleep on.

Infact that picture (the room) reminds me a lot of that as a child when going to visit my grandparents on summer holidays.

Was it comfortable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Berserker said:

Was it comfortable?

I never slept on one to be honest hahaha...

I have a phobia to spiders and I would sleep at our house in town.  I did used to love jumping off haystacks though!!! xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I never slept on one to be honest hahaha...

I have a phobia to spiders and I would sleep at our house in town.  I did used to love jumping off haystacks though!!! xD

Good to know, wish i was there to throw a few plastic spiders inside your clothes from behind. ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Berserker said:

Good to know, wish i was there to throw a few plastic spiders into your clothes from behind. ^_^

There's an anecdote I have about plastic toy spiders hahaha...

About 15 years ago I was in Hamley's (a famous toy store in central London) with an ex-girlfriend of mine and I was looking at the lego sets while she thought it would be a great joke to place a great big hairy toy spider on my shoulder.  My immediate reaction without thinking and feeling tremendous panic throughout my body was to swipe her head with a 5kg box of lego!!! :o

I spent the whole day apologising to her xD:$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There's an anecdote I have about plastic toy spiders hahaha...

About 15 years ago I was in Hamley's (a famous toy store in central London) with an ex-girlfriend of mine and I was looking at the lego sets while she thought it would be a great joke to place a great big hairy toy spider on my shoulder.  My immediate reaction without thinking and feeling tremendous panic throughout my body was to swipe her head with a 5kg box of lego!!! :o

I spent the whole day apologising to her xD:$

Lol, quite an overreaction that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

If City were to sign both, obviously Alves would be the first teamer, wouldn't he?

I’m guessing they would just rotate. With cups and CL I think they would need to keep both fresh if Walker comes of course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Dani Alves isn't one to keep quiet or even to mince his words when he feels he has something important to say.  You may or may not agree with him many a time when he does become vocal be it through the press in its many forms or social media, one thing's for sure, he's a big character and he's had a wonderful career that could be continuing into the Premier League if the rumours are to be believed.

He posted this (above) on his Instagram account today and it's worth a read to be honest.  Especially what he has to say about the Juventus director of football Giuseppe Marotta.

I'll translate it myself as I haven't found a translated version yet.

"I would like to start by thanking all the JUVE FANS for the year I've lived.  ALSO MY COLLEAGUES FOR WELCOMING ME AND FOR HOW PROFESSIONAL THEY ARE, FOR THAT REASON JUVE REACH FINALS AND WIN THINGS.  It was the respect that I have for this club why I gave my all, my dedication, my passion and my will to try and add my part to make this club even bigger.  I apologise to the Juve fans if I have ever done or said anything that they have felt offended by as it has never been my intention to do so because I only have one way of living which is very spontaneous and which very few people understand....  Even though it may seem that way, I'm not perfect, but my heart is pure.  Today our professional relationship together comes to an end and I will take with me in my heart all of those that really work tirelessly to make Juve a bigger club.  Like many know, I always commit the error of speaking what I think and for this I say sorry....  I also feel I have to thank Mr Marotta for the chance I gave him to have a great professional like me in his club that is in love with his profession like the most... I don't play football for money, I play football because I love this profession and I also respect all those that form part of it.  I let you make the most of the work I've given you so that you can have many years of holidays.  I LOVE FOOTBALL and money will never be the reason I stay at any particular place or club.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH"

Edited by SirBalon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

 

Dani Alves isn't one to keep quiet or even to mince his words when he feels he has something important to say.  You may or may not agree with him many a time when he does become vocal be it through the press in its many forms or social media, one thing's for sure, he's a big character and he's had a wonderful career that could be continuing into the Premier League if the rumours are to be believed.

He posted this (above) on his Instagram account today and it's worth a read to be honest.  Especially what he has to say about the Juventus president Giuseppe Marotta.

I'll translate it myself as I haven't found a translated version yet.

"I would like to start by thanking all the JUVE FANS for the year I've lived.  ALSO MY COLLEAGUES FOR WELCOMING ME AND FOR HOW PROFESSIONAL THEY ARE, FOR THAT REASON JUVE REACH FINALS AND WIN THINGS.  It was the respect that I have for this club why I gave my all, my dedication, my passion and my will to try and add my part to make this club even bigger.  I apologise to the Juve fans if I have ever done or said anything that they have felt offended by as it has never been my intention to do so because I only have one way of living which is very spontaneous and which very few people understand....  Even though it may seem that way, I'm not perfect, but my heart is pure.  Today our professional relationship together comes to an end and I will take with me in my heart all of those that really work tirelessly to make Juve a bigger club.  Like many know, I always commit the error of speaking what I think and for this I say sorry....  I also feel I have to thank Mr Marotta for the chance I gave him to have a great professional like me in his club that is in love with his profession like the most... I don't play football for money, I play football because I love this profession and I also respect all those that form part of it.  I let you make the most of the work I've given you so that you can have many years of holidays.  I LOVE FOOTBALL and money will never be the reason I stay at any particular place or club.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH"

Marotta isn't the president, Agnelli is. Marotta is the director of football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Berserker said:

Marotta isn't the president, Agnelli is. Marotta is the director of football.

True...  I just got carried away with his post! xD

Anyway...  There's the comment which tells a story in itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

True...  I just got carried away with his post! xD

Anyway...  There's the comment which tells a story in itself.

Alves was a cunt to Juve (they wanted to renew him) he avised Dybala to leave Juve in an interview about 2 weeks ago among other things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Berserker said:

Alves was a cunt to Juve (they wanted to renew him) he avised Dybala to leave Juve in an interview about 2 weeks ago among other things.

How is that a "cunt" to Juve mate?  Maybe the Dybala bit he shouldn't have said publicly I agree.  But he doesn't have to renew.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement