2021/22 Premier League - Race For Europe

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
On 13/02/2022 at 16:03, Cicero said:

Current table. 

image.png

I thought it was mad that Chelsea were being included with these teams at the time in terms of Champions League football but have to say they are catchable now.

I'd be very surprised if Chelsea miss out.

For Arsenal this is a brilliant opportunity to solidify themselves as a top four side again. There's uncertainty of ownership and future spending at Chelsea, Man United are going to need to spend a bomb again to address issues in there side and they have a slight headstart on Spurs after they set themselves back with Nuno.

• Administrator

image.png

We have about 1% chance of getting anything. Top 3 is pretty much certain.

Tottenham hitting form at the right time to capture top 4; Arsenal not so much. West Ham without the games in hand probably have EL on their minds...? Man Utd too inconsistent and may have to settle for Europa League, or even Europa Conference League?!

Next games:

Tottenham vs Brighton
Man Utd vs Norwich
Southampton vs Arsenal
Newcastle vs Leicester
West Ham vs Burnley

• Administrator
21 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

40 - 24 = 16 points between Leicester and Burnley.

57 - 40 = 17 points between Leicester and Tottenham.

Yesterday's results were massive for you.

'Race for Europe'. I didn't say we were going for top 4??

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

Nobody seems to want that 4rh spot apart from spurs at the moment. All doing their best to blow it. 

When my boys turned spurs over Conte was talking like he was going to leave and everything in the garden wasn't rosey 🌹 

Seems to have fired them up though 

That was one of the worst days of my life

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Sean the ginger 1 said:

Sure there will be more to come 

Always are. Drove up for the Snowed off game, and then got the coach up for the rearranged one. Miserable.

It's the only reason I want you to go down cause trips to Burnley usually grim for us, otherwise I wouldn't want you to

21 minutes ago, Storts said:

Always are. Drove up for the Snowed off game, and then got the coach up for the rearranged one. Miserable.

It's the only reason I want you to go down cause trips to Burnley usually grim for us, otherwise I wouldn't want you to

You smashed us 1 time kane got 3. Think it ended up 1~4 

• Administrator

Chelsea have probably secured a top 4 berth following the late win over West Ham. Arsenal's form picking up just at the right time after the 3 unexpected losses? Wins over Man Utd and Chelsea definitely helping. A big North London derby beckons soon...

Man Utd probably now given themselves too much to do to get top 4 given the points gap and that teams above them have games in hand.

Wolves could get an ECL spot at best; while West Ham perhaps still have EL in their sights domestically, but their focus clearly lies on this season's competition to win...

image.png

Next games:

Man Utd vs Chelsea
Wolves vs Brighton
Everton vs Chelsea
Tottenham vs Leicester
West Ham vs Arsenal
Man Utd 
vs Brentford

Spurs looked so in favour compared to Arsenal, especially with what seemed like an easier fixture list remaining but Arsenal have managed to beat both Chelsea and United and Spurs have gone two games with 0 shots on target.

Feels like atm Arsenal will be on their way back into the top 4, can't see Chelsea dropping enough points now to allow both of them in.

West Ham really need to do everything they can to get that Europa League spot next season, going into the Conference will be a real kick for them considering the big run they've had this season.

• Administrator

Chelsea's top 3 berth is under threat after another underwhelming performance culminating in a defeat at lowly Everton.

Arsenal are in 4th and with the North London Derby on the horizon, could they snatch 3rd?

Spurs were back to winning ways with a convincing win over Leicester, as were Man Utd who won with ease over Brentford.

West Ham and Wolves continue the battle on who wants to miss out on the final domestic European placing; Wolves losing their 3rd game in a row.

image.png

Next Games:
Chelsea vs Wolves
Brighton vs Man Utd
Liverpool vs Tottenham
Arsenal
 vs Leeds
Norwich vs West Ham
-
Leeds vs Chelsea
Wolves vs Man City
Tottenham vs Arsenal

If the results go as they should on paper this weekend, (Arsenal win, Spurs loss) 5pts would be a big gap for Spurs to turn around with three games left.

Spurs would almost certainly have to win the NLD to keep it alive with two games to go.

Archived