talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Everton - Sunday 24th April, 2022

football forum

And for the record, I think if that challenge on Gordon is a penalty - then the Keane challenge on Mane, shoulder to chest, should also have been given as a penalty.

So there's an argument to be made that the ref did use the same standard for both teams - but it was a crap standard. For me though, I think both penalties would have been very soft penalties. If they were given, I think VAR would have allowed them because it seems if there's even the slightest bit of contact VAR will uphold the penalty decision. But for me, neither are penalties.

That's just my opinion.

And there's those 2 instances where Gordon, already on a yellow for diving, kicks the ball away after it was out for a throw... there's a decent argument to be made that he should have received a second yellow for those as well. So I'm not sure we're the only recipients of some favourable bad decisions from the referee in this instance.

Imo if any club has any right to be aggrieved at the officials here, it's not Everton or Liverpool - it's Burnley.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

i'll tell you what the distance is. Everton didn't rush to sell their soul at the first opportunity. If Liverpool had had their fucking way they'd be off playing in a closed door league for money grubbing cunts only. Everton may go down, but their fans are fans, not customers, and they can retain their pride in themselves and the football league system. 

Wereas liverpool are lower than scum, and should have been relegated last season as a lesson. 

Everton were a founding club of the Premier League. Fuck 'em

8 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

i'll tell you what the distance is. Everton didn't rush to sell their soul at the first opportunity.

Wouldn't the "first opportunity" for Everton to sell their soul be the Premier League and the breakaway all the top flight clubs were all too happy to make to get away from the Football League so they could make serious fucking money?

Tbh, I think Everton fans should be more aggrieved that they were all too happy to hurt English football in that regard (because I do think the breakway creation of our league was bad for the football pyramid overall) - but didn't really use that cash to continue trying to act like a big club. Because historically, Everton are one of the biggest clubs in English football - even though they've been pretty bang average for most of my life. If anything, Everton's experience in soul selling has really torn at the soul of the football club - they were happy to join everyone else in making more money without "earning it" as much just by being in the league and the ultimate cost was the ambition of the club.

Because really the attitude of Evertonians from when I was a kid to where they are now (or even where they were pre-Moshiri) is miles apart. They used to be a proud fanbase that had optimism about perhaps returning to their glory days - now so many buy into the "little old Everton" mentality that was instilled in them over the 90s and 00s. A lot of really old timers are disgusted at what the club's become since the start of the PL era - and I don't blame them.

And then once they got an owner who was ambitious, he was also an idiot who thought throwing money at problems without having any real plan was the way to build a football club up. Moshiri's a rich idiot, he must not run his other businesses the way he runs Everton... or if he does, he's just incredibly lucky xD

I honestly think any of the clubs that were involved in the formation of the Premier League all "sold their souls" - and I think there's a good argument to be made that they sold the souls of English football in general, not just our top flight. But I think Everton are an example of when selling your soul goes wrong; Kenwright & friends have done an absolute number on their fans and the club.

A little off topic but...

I hate it when fans say 'YEAH WELL WE CAN SPEND MONEY CUZ WE EARNED IT'. Like fuck, first over the finish line during the proliferation of Sky sports and whoring the Premier League out to the world, isn't 'earned it', it is 'right place, right time'. If the Premier League was started in the 70s the big four would probably be Aston Villa, Nottingham, Derby, and Liverpool. Instead Liverpool would be the Manchester United of the world.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Pahahahahahaha fucking hell.

If Burnley had a match where 3 of their players could have been reasonably sent off and none of them were, wouldn't you be pissed off about how those referee decisions could impact your chances of survival?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

If Burnley had a match where 3 of their players could have been reasonably sent off and none of them were, wouldn't you be pissed off about how those referee decisions could impact your chances of survival?

🤣

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Page 9 of a derby day thread and the main event has subsided and most people have got in their taxi home. Always a few stragglers left hanging around though calling each other bald virgins.

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 13.15.42.png

I’ve got 3 kids mate. Didn’t you know? My children are like teaching in Japan. YOU’LL NEVER STOP HEARING ABOUT IT

• The topic was unpinned

Archived