• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Everton - Sunday 24th April, 2022

football forum

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Still can't fathom how Mane doesn't get a red card. The fingers to the face incidents x2 are yellows in their own right. 

Keita escaped red after going in studs up at Chalobah’s bollocks. A Liverpool player will need to physically murder someone e at this rate. 

• Subscriber

Going to go easy on the absolute mare @LFCMike is having here as I'm assuming he's consumed his fair share of shandy this afternoon but I will suggest this is probably the biggest meltdown someone's had after a game that their team's won? xD

Put the phone away mate and get some scran down you.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

The amount of decisions Man City have got this season and everyone is fuming that some diving cunt didn't get a pen xD up the fucking Reds

You act like Man City don't get shit for some of the decisions that have gone their way xD

You're not the only ones that face persecution...

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Going to go easy on the absolute mare @LFCMike is having here as I'm assuming he's consumed his fair share of shandy this afternoon but I will suggest this is probably the biggest meltdown someone's had after a game that their team's won? xD

Put the phone away mate and get some scran down you.

What are you on about? It was never a penalty and Gordan is a disgraceful diver. Imagine if that was SalahxD

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

You act like Man City don't get shit for some of the decisions that have gone their way xD

You're not the only ones that face persecution...

It's always under so much more scrutiny if Liverpool are involved and I think we both know why.

Up the fucking Reds

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

Imagine if that was SalahxD

Quite. xD

Every neutral on this forum has called it a penalty. Carragher and Souness. Rick who is an actual Liverpool fan. PGMOL. 

You've won the derby mate. Go and enjoy it with your friends and family then come back on tomorrow morning and admit you might have got carried away because you were pissed. It's happened enough times in the past. No judgement here.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Quite. xD

Every neutral on this forum has called it a penalty. Carragher and Souness. Rick who is an actual Liverpool fan. PGMOL. 

You've won the derby mate. Go and enjoy it with your friends and family then come back on tomorrow morning and admit you might have got carried away because you were pissed. It's happened enough times in the past. No judgement here.

Gordan is a diving little cunt. The blue I watched it with didn't claim for it. Weird that you're hanging onto this incident where a known diver threw himself to the floor. 

Funny that you're happy to hang on Carragher's word now though after saying he shouldn't be commentating on Liverpool games

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

Gordan is a diving little cunt. The blue I watched it with didn't claim for it. Weird that you're hanging onto this incident where a known diver threw himself to the floor. 

Funny that you're happy to hang on Carragher's word now though after saying he shouldn't be commentating on Liverpool games

His name's Gordon, not Gordan.

You should be grateful that we're focusing on the penalty incident and not Mane's double eye gouge in the first half because a red card for him should have been even more nailed on than the penalty for Gordon.

You're all over the place here. The whole point is that Carragher was evidently biased toward Liverpool throughout the game and even he called it a penalty.

And I'm sure the Blue you watched it with didn't appeal for it. I watched it in a room of 20 Liverpool fans and all of them said that it was a stonewall penalty and a red card for Matip. 🤪

Won the derby and you're spending your time trying to argue black is white on here. Getting a bit cringeworthy now.

@Dr. Gonzo, @Rick come and put him to bed.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You should be grateful that we're focusing on the penalty incident and not Mane's double eye gouge in the first half because a red card for him should have been even more nailed on than the penalty for Gordon.

You're all over the place here. The whole point is that Carragher was evidently biased toward Liverpool throughout the game and even he called it a penalty.

And I'm sure the Blue you watched it with didn't appeal for it. I watched it in a room of 20 Liverpool fans and all of them said that it was a stonewall penalty and a red card for Matip. 🤪

Won the derby and you're spending your time trying to argue black is white on here. Getting a bit cringeworthy now.

Any pics?

9 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Was basically 50-50 reds and blues where I watched it. If that was a pen then so was the one on Origi.

I'm amazed that anyone thinks it was a penalty to be honest. 

Gordon is getting himself a bit of a reputation isn't he?

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

Was basically 50-50 reds and blues where I watched it. If that was a pen then so was the one on Origi.

I'm amazed that anyone thinks it was a penalty to be honest. 

Gordon is getting himself a bit of a reputation isn't he?

I'm amazed that you're choosing this hill to die on. I don't think I've ever seen someone so bothered about an incident that a) happened in a game that they won and b) didn't even go against their team, just because they're upset at the implication that it gave their team a little nudge of help.

Just to check you're not thinking of the wrong incident, it's here. The nudge in the back isn't that much but he also gets his foot trod on after clearly getting himself across his man.

I could put "not a penalty for me" down to the usual loyalty bias that we all have but to look at this and conclude "I'm amazed that anyone thinks it's a penalty" is one of the worst shouts I've seen.

You've tired me out now anyway so I'm out of here.

Gordon would probably get that 2nd half penalty if he didn't tumble so much. That first half replay of him jumping over Robertson's leg was absolutely embarassing.

Personally, I thought it was 50/50. You'd want it for you but against you it looks soft. If it were given, you could understand why but its not stonewall.

I think someone at Everton needs to have a word with Gordon because he's a great talent, and he absolutely scared the shit out of Liverpool at times in that 2nd half. He doesn't need to be getting a stigma attached to him at such an early age because it's incredibly hard to shake and only goes against you when you have a genuine case.

Mane and Richarlison should both be serving bans after that game too, red cards for both IMO, not sure how either survived those.

We have a similar fixture next week home to Man City. We can probably right it off but we'll still have a go. Bit perplexed this late in the season that today Everton were prepared to write that game off the way they approached it. Not sure you can afford to be so choosy at this stage but thats just me.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Gordon would probably get that 2nd half penalty if he didn't tumble so much

This isn't how the rules work is it. He paid the price for the bad dive with the yellow card. These incidents are independent and especially in the age of VAR, there's no excuse for them not to look at the replays and make the decision based on the merits of that individual incident.

Agree that his attempts to win fouls by going down easily need to be refined. Every single player in the league is a diver now and anyone who denies that is lying to themselves. Even defenders nowadays frequently get themselves out of difficult corners by getting their body between opponent and ball then going down like they've been shot to get a free kick which they always do. That's football now. The players who end up with a bad reputation simply have poor judgement as to when there's enough contact for it to be justified or not and Anthony Gordon doesn't currently have a good read on where that bar is.

14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Bit perplexed this late in the season that today Everton were prepared to write that game off the way they approached it. Not sure you can afford to be so choosy at this stage but thats just me.

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you're talking about the team's tactics then I think we took the only approach which gave us a half-chance of nicking a result. If you're talking about the fans calling this game a write-off, it's not us saying that we can afford to lose here because we've got 9 points in the bag in these other fixtures, it's just being realistic.

4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this. If you're talking about the team's tactics then I think we took the only approach which gave us a half-chance of nicking a result. If you're talking about the fans calling this game a write-off, it's not us saying that we can afford to lose here because we've got 9 points in the bag in these other fixtures, it's just being realistic.

Do you not think you went too cautious though? 

I know you'll probably think the plan was justified if you frustrated Liverpool for an hour and come away with a 2-0 loss as opposed to 4 or 5, but when you look back at the game as a whole and realise you only had 17% of the ball, don't you feel like it was a waste when you could have potentially had a go?

Maybe it's me and how I look at games. I don't expect Everton to be dominating proceedings at Anfield but i feel you cant have any regrets at this stage in the season and have to give it a go. If you don't win one of the home games you target for 3pts, you may look back at this game and think why didn't you have more of a go.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

It's always under so much more scrutiny if Liverpool are involved and I think we both know why.

Up the fucking Reds

Yawn. Don't lower yourself to such shite mate.

There's no more or less scrutiny just because it's Liverpool. You're not some special case. 

Just for the record, I didn't have it down as a penalty by the way.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Do you not think you went too cautious though? 

I know you'll probably think the plan was justified if you frustrated Liverpool for an hour and come away with a 2-0 loss as opposed to 4 or 5, but when you look back at the game as a whole and realise you only had 17% of the ball, don't you feel like it was a waste when you could have potentially had a go?

Maybe it's me and how I look at games. I don't expect Everton to be dominating proceedings at Anfield but i feel you cant have any regrets at this stage in the season and have to give it a go. If you don't win one of the home games you target for 3pts, you may look back at this game and think why didn't you have more of a go.

I just don't think giving it a go in the way you mean was viable. Our back four was Coleman, Keane, Holgate and Mykolenko. Two slow as fuck and two who can hold their own if they get a decent headstart. Any chance for Salah, Mane, Jota to get a whiff of a counter attack on that defence is curtains.

That phase before they scored, we started to get some joy as they were committing extra men forward and we had pace on the break with Gordon and Gray. On another day, the penalty shout goes another way, we take the lead and hold out for a point and it looks like a tactical masterclass. 

I just don't think with the tools we've got, there was another way to get a result. I certainly don't think that was Lampard waving the white flag before kick off even if that's the story 17% possession tells.

It may be justified in isolation, but the wider trend of clubs like United and Everton - objectively, some of the richest and most powerful clubs in the world - going to Anfield and basically giving up on any hope of having more then a quarter of possession paints a fairly poor picture of club management in England. 

You can be fairly confident that Villareal will go there and give them much more of a game, and will be doing so on a fraction of the budget. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived