The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Everton - Sunday 24th April, 2022

football forum

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

We got there in the end.

"He's a disgraceful diver" > "Okay there was contact but he stood on Matip's foot" > "Okay he didn't stand on Matip's foot but it wasn't clear and obvious" > "Okay all of my arguments have been proven daft now so I'm going to resort to referring vaguely to other incidents from years ago to avoid admitting it".

Do you think it was a clear and obvious error? It's one of them that sometimes gets given and sometimes doesn't. It probably should never be given seeing as it's the attacker looking for the contact. Funny how that strength and pace he shows to get in front of Matip suddenly evaporates as soon as he's in the area.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Do you think it was a clear and obvious error? It's one of them that sometimes gets given and sometimes doesn't. It probably should never be given seeing as it's the attacker looking for the contact. Funny how that strength and pace he shows to get in front of Matip suddenly evaporates as soon as he's in the area.

Genuine question - have you ever been running at full pace and someone treads on your foot? There's bound to be some loss of balance and speed, no?

I don't know how 'clear and obvious' it is or if it meets that threshold (a vastly changing one as the season goes on), but surely you can appreciate that a) Matip steps on Gordon and b) he isn't going to carry on at full speed after that specific kind of contact?

And as for 'attacker looking for the contact' - again, players all over the pitch constantly go looking for contact. Gordon showed what he can be like with his embarrassing and pointless dive in the first incident, but there's been several times in every match where players go looking for the contact and get a foul anywhere on the pitch. Just because it's Gordon on this incident doesn't mean that 'rule' changes or should change. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You've proven in this thread that your hatred of Everton radicalises your view of things to the extent where you'll argue against photographic evidence of one of your players standing on an opponents' foot claiming that the opposite has happened.

I look forward to you pulling out the "it should never be a penalty if the attacker is looking for the contact" card next time Salah wins a penalty. I'm sure at that point it will unironically be translated to "nah, he just uses his body well and draws the foul".

And his strength and pace evaporates because someone stands on his planted foot and puts the rest of his body weight through his back.

This is genuinely embarrassing now. I feel like I'm trying to convince a grown adult that the moon isn't actually made of cheese. If you think it's not a penalty then fine but some of the arguments being used at this point are simply ludicrous.

14 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

You've proven in this thread that your hatred of Everton radicalises your view of things to the extent where you'll argue against photographic evidence of one of your players standing on an opponents' foot claiming that the opposite has happened.

I look forward to you pulling out the "it should never be a penalty if the attacker is looking for the contact" card next time Salah wins a penalty. I'm sure at that point it will unironically be translated to "nah, he just uses his body well and draws the foul".

And his strength and pace evaporates because someone stands on his planted foot and puts the rest of his body weight through his back.

This is genuinely embarrassing now. I feel like I'm trying to convince a grown adult that the moon isn't actually made of cheese. If you think it's not a penalty then fine but some of the arguments being used at this point are simply ludicrous.

I'm talking about his pace and strength evaporating immediately as he enters the area which draws the slight contact from Matip. Also @Stan

Enjoy the rest of the season anyway 👍

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

It was class to be fair. Obviously the two goals were better

Which was my point to be fair. Love banter, to say it was the best part of a derby is fucking cringe though. But hey, Jordan Pickford was ‘mocking football’ apparently 😂😂

58 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Which was my point to be fair. Love banter, to say it was the best part of a derby is fucking cringe though. But hey, Jordan Pickford was ‘mocking football’ apparently 😂😂

For gods sake man, I know humour must be in short supply around Old Trafford right now, but come on.

Anyway.

Someone asked me the the other day, what's the distance between Liverpool and Everton.

I said, about 50 points.  😂😂

12 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

We should sign Gordon when Everton get relegated, looks a decent little player actually. Even if he’s a diving bastard.

I'd have him at Utd and convert him into a full back. Then we can get of the teletubby Shaw.

24 minutes ago, NittyNora said:

For gods sake man, I know humour must be in short supply around Old Trafford right now, but come on.

Anyway.

Someone asked me the the other day, what's the distance between Liverpool and Everton.

I said, about 50 points.  😂😂

i'll tell you what the distance is. Everton didn't rush to sell their soul at the first opportunity. If Liverpool had had their fucking way they'd be off playing in a closed door league for money grubbing cunts only. Everton may go down, but their fans are fans, not customers, and they can retain their pride in themselves and the football league system. 

Wereas liverpool are lower than scum, and should have been relegated last season as a lesson. 

Some embarrassing stuff in here, christ. 

Matip steps on the lads foot and pushes him in the back. At walking speed you would have to adjust to stay on your feet, never-mind at full sprint. We have 100% gotten away with that one and the Mane eye poke (wish he would fuck off getting himself involved in stupidity like that). 

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

i'll tell you what the distance is. Everton didn't rush to sell their soul at the first opportunity. If Liverpool had had their fucking way they'd be off playing in a closed door league for money grubbing cunts only. Everton may go down, but their fans are fans, not customers, and they can retain their pride in themselves and the football league system. 

Wereas liverpool are lower than scum, and should have been relegated last season as a lesson. 

Our owners are leeches, but if you think Moshiri and the other bloke that own Everton wouldn’t have done the same if asked you’re mad. 

3 minutes ago, Rick said:

Our owners are leeches, but if you think Moshiri and the other bloke that own Everton wouldn’t have done the same if asked you’re mad. 

Shoulda woulda? Heresay. You made your bed and I wish to god every night you had to lie in it. you don't. Count yourself a lucky 'customer' and pipe down whenever it's mentioned. 

5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Shoulda woulda? Heresay. You made your bed and I wish to god every night you had to lie in it. you don't. Count yourself a lucky 'customer' and pipe down whenever it's mentioned. 

Here say? Who are you, Amber Heard’s lawyer? Foreign business owner who has invested a shit ton of money into Everton with no reward is given the opportunity to get free money and you think he would pass it up? Have a day off. 

I made no bed to lie in. Soon as those bellends done that I was finished with them. They had done some things before that should have told us this would be coming eventually but you try not to think about your own owners potentially attempting to suck the life out of the game you love. I hate the cunts want them gone, but their actions do not reflect me as a fan. Weird take to have.

@Devil-Dick Willie just saw your post. No worries,  enjoy your beers. 

18 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Think you need help.

30 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If the super league had come to fruition, at least @DeadLinesman would have committed seppuku (or at least stopped watching united games) 

I bet you'd have jacked off to your little heroes every week like a good little customer though.  

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 08.52.17.png

"Gordon stands on Matip there and things I say should definitely be taken seriously"

Here you go, I'll even give you another angle to show clearly that Anthony Gordon is the one wearing the white and blue boots (the ones underneath the other foot) and Matip is wearing the full white ones (the ones on top).

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 08.55.03.png

"Watch it again" xD.

liverpools-steven-gerrard-l-is-brought-d

54 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If the super league had come to fruition, at least @DeadLinesman would have committed seppuku (or at least stopped watching united games) 

I bet you'd have jacked off to your little heroes every week like a good little customer though.  

Would you like me to recommend a doctor??

i wonder if the "super league" is still a thing.   Rich clubs desperate to control 90% of the wealth.  The amount of bitching about anyone who threatens them is laughable.   

I expected Liverpool to win, they have a quality team and that much is undisputed but in a way I would absolutely love to see the treble end up in nothing.   it is harsh because I don't think all Liverpool fans or pundits are bad, but there are large portions that are doing everything they can to hamstring Newcastle with pretentious virtue vitriol.

not expecting to win but a win may be a bit of Stan collymoresque type payback

• The topic was unpinned

Archived