talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Everton - Sunday 24th April, 2022

football forum

The pen shout looks soft but ultimately the defender has used his forearm to push Gordon, in fact if you watch it you can see the defender has tried to push him so much that he loses balance once Gordon goes down. Pushing someone over is a foul, I think it’s definitely one of those that’d get blown as a free-kick elsewhere.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Again, it's not the push. I agree that the push alone would have been soft to give a penalty for. It's the fact that Matip treads on Gordon's foot after he got in front of him. Anyone's going down if you're sprinting and someone stands on your foot and has an arm in your back. I didn't really see it initially either but Gordon mentioned afterward that this was what caused him to go down.

20220424_221746.jpg

I really do think it's clear. I know there's the potential for me to be biased but the picture doesn't lie. Matip is behind Gordon, he's accidentally standing on the outside of his foot. The arm in the back helps him to ground but like I say, if you're basing it off that alone and haven't noticed the feet, I can see why you're saying it's 50-50 or it's soft.

The dive shouts can get in the bin though. That simply isn't a credible claim to make.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The dive shouts can get in the bin though. That simply isn't a credible claim to make.

Must admit Klopp went a bit far saying that. 

• Administrator

Only just seen Arsenal vs Man Utd and its interesting how Arsenal got their penalty for a step on Saka's foot as well as what the commentator adjudged to be an 'upper body push'. 

Can see why Everton fans would be angered that the Gordon one wasn't given in comparison. The inconsistency of officials strikes again. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The face poke shouldn't be a red imo, but we've all seen them given. Everton are right to feel hard done by. 

Probably not in isolation for both, but both should have been a yellow each. 

11 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm amazed that you're choosing this hill to die on. I don't think I've ever seen someone so bothered about an incident that a) happened in a game that they won and b) didn't even go against their team, just because they're upset at the implication that it gave their team a little nudge of help.

Just to check you're not thinking of the wrong incident, it's here. The nudge in the back isn't that much but he also gets his foot trod on after clearly getting himself across his man.

I could put "not a penalty for me" down to the usual loyalty bias that we all have but to look at this and conclude "I'm amazed that anyone thinks it's a penalty" is one of the worst shouts I've seen.

You've tired me out now anyway so I'm out of here.

He stands on Matip's foot there. It's certainly not stonewall anyway (I've seen Carragher say 'stonewall', comes out with some shite him to appear unbiased) If the ref had given it initially it wouldn't have been overturned I don't think but there's certainly not enough there to overturn the refs original decision, which for me is the correct one.

10 minutes ago, NittyNora said:

Two best moments of the match.

1, Allisson taking the piss out of Pickford by falling on the ball to waste time.

2. ORIGI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

The best moment of the match was a goalkeeper falling on the ball and mocking the opponent? Jesus. You don’t deserve this football team. Oh, and learn how to quote properly. Your jokes still won’t be funny but at least they’ll appear correctly 

1 minute ago, DeadLinesman said:

The best moment of the match was a goalkeeper falling on the ball and mocking the opponent? Jesus. You don’t deserve this football team. Oh, and learn how to quote properly. Your jokes still won’t be funny but at least they’ll appear correctly 

And Pickford wasting time wasn't mocking the game of football.

Give yer head a fucking shake lad.

8 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It was class to be fair. Obviously the two goals were better

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Watch it again

I've watched it several times, Gordon doesn't step on Matip's foot. Gordon's foot is on the ground, Matip treads on it. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Watch it again

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 08.52.17.png

"Gordon stands on Matip there and things I say should definitely be taken seriously"

Here you go, I'll even give you another angle to show clearly that Anthony Gordon is the one wearing the white and blue boots (the ones underneath the other foot) and Matip is wearing the full white ones (the ones on top).

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 08.55.03.png

"Watch it again" xD.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 08.52.17.png

"Gordon stands on Matip there and things I say should definitely be taken seriously"

Here you go, I'll even give you another angle to show clearly that Anthony Gordon is the one wearing the white and blue boots (the ones underneath the other foot) and Matip is wearing the full white ones (the ones on top).

Screen Shot 2022-04-25 at 08.55.03.png

"Watch it again" xD.

The two angles show slightly different things. Again, not a clear and obvious error that would be overturned.

I think we're probably just about even now anyway with some of the decisions Everton have had in the derby in recent years.

Hopefully there will be no need to get involved in these sorts of debates next season🤞

• Subscriber

We got there in the end.

"He's a disgraceful diver" > "Okay there was contact but he stood on Matip's foot" > "Okay he didn't stand on Matip's foot but it wasn't clear and obvious" > "Okay all of my arguments have been proven daft now so I'm going to resort to referring vaguely to other incidents from years ago to avoid admitting it".

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

sddefault.jpg

Friendly reminder to time three months ago when Diego Jota running in to Vicente Guaita was deemed a clear and obvious error.

Guaita ran into Jota mate. Picture shows it clear as day.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived