17/10/2020 - Everton 2-2 Liverpool

Recent Form
Liverpool - WWWDD
Everton - DWLLL

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Just about winning and getting through it without any of them injuring any of ours. 

While I would love to see Thiago take the piss like he did on Tuesday night, I'd be leaving him out of this one.

Yeah I agree, I'd be swapping Thiago out for Henderson for this. Loads of experience and won't let anybody lose their heads. I'd also consider giving Trent a rest after his injury. 

Bobby is in a race against time to be fit so I'd go 'as you were' up top.

5 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Yeah I agree, I'd be swapping Thiago out for Henderson for this. Loads of experience and won't let anybody lose their heads. I'd also consider giving Trent a rest after his injury. 

Bobby is in a race against time to be fit so I'd go 'as you were' up top.

Yeah I think he could rest one of the full backs. I think Jota may come in for Diaz.

• Subscriber

Probably unrealistic but if we can deny them victory here there's a case that we'd have cost them three titles in four years. No wonder they want to see us relegated.

:ph34r:

• Administrator

Has there ever been a time where either side has ever been so far apart in quality or stature, in the PL era?

I know there was a time where Everton staved off relegation in 2003/04 but Liverpool were nowhere near top. 

Can't remember a time where there was such a gulf as there is now.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Has there ever been a time where either side has ever been so far apart in quality or stature, in the PL era?

I know there was a time where Everton staved off relegation in 2003/04 but Liverpool were nowhere near top. 

Can't remember a time where there was such a gulf as there is now.

Not in our lifetimes, I don't think. This is just an unpleasant experience to get out of the way these days. The constant dashed hope of losing the majority of derbies when they were 4th-5th and we were 6th-7th was worse because there was a number of seasons in the Moyes era where we should have won not that many less than we lost and we just didn't.

This is the worst we've been since the 90s though and Liverpool weren't challenging for titles like they are now back then so to answer your question, definitely in the PL era. You might have to ask @Bluewolf or @CaaC (John) to recall a bigger gulf.

• Subscriber

If you mean Man United then this...

MANCHESTER UNITED: THE 26 BARREN YEARS

'Between the years 1968 and 1993, United fans watched eight sides win the First Division title. Try as they might, five men could not recreate the glory days akin to those in Sir Matt Busby’s era, and supporters in the Stretford End watched as their great rivals Liverpool won 11 league titles without a response from United....'

I arrived back from Australia in 1972 and I would always look at the league table and see Liverpool on top and think to myself "I wish that was us sitting on top, sigh...'

Then I can remember the glory years of Everton under Howard Kendall, his first spell in charge and his second but you challenged Liverpool for honours then with 2 first division titles, an FA Cup, 3 Charity Shields and a European Cup Winners Cup.

I bet you wished you had another Kendall in charge nowadays.

10 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Common sense says this will be an easy liverpool win,  but it is a derby game and Everton have a knack of causing upsets. 

Haha do they? Or do you mean they have a knack of causing their fans to be upset?

• Subscriber

If we can close this game in the first half like we did in the last game I think there's scope for a lot of players to be taken off and given a break before going into the next match. I do agree with the Thiago statement but I'd imagine players like him need a little run-out just to stay match sharp so I wouldn't be opposed to taking him off at half-time and giving Hendo the rest of the game. 

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Haha do they? Or do you mean they have a knack of causing their fans to be upset?

Every game at this stage of the season can be tricky.   Everton obviously have a greater urgency,   I will expect them to put up a bigger fight than Man United did,  they are a team in limbo. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Every game at this stage of the season can be tricky.   Everton obviously have a greater urgency,   I will expect them to put up a bigger fight than Man United did,  they are a team in limbo. 

Putting up a bigger fight than Man Utd really isn't hard to do. 

And its not like Liverpool don't have anything to fight for. Literally going for the title xD

They'll do over Everton even if the away side to put up more of a fight than Man Utd... 

13 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

Oh I would expect them to try and keep it tighter maybe. Look at their away record though, they don't have a knack of causing upsets

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Putting up a bigger fight than Man Utd really isn't hard to do. 

And its not like Liverpool don't have anything to fight for. Literally going for the title xD

They'll do over Everton even if the away side to put up more of a fight than Man Utd... 

hence why I said initial common sense says easy win for Liverpool.   Pressure can do funny things.   

Just now, LFCMike said:

Nothing I type on here has an effect on a game of footballxD 

If you can't be confident for this game you never will be

Haha I was confident against Utd because they have no heart whatsoever. You expect at least a handful of these lot to want to hurt our players and make it a dirty game. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

Haha I was confident against Utd because they have no heart whatsoever. You expect at least a handful of these lot to want to hurt our players and make it a dirty game. 

I already alluded to that but take the emotion out of it, which Klopp certainly does in these games, and we're playing a side that's fourth from bottom as it stands.

• The title was changed to Liverpool 2-0 Everton - Sunday 24th April, 2022
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived